Hihi! 

I'm currently a first year SLP student at the university of Ottawa. For anyone on the waitlist or anyone who got accepted, please feel free to message me any questions you may have :)

Good luck to everyone, I know this is a stressful time.

Just so everyone knows, Janet (from Western) is out of the office until April 4th so if you were planning to email you won't hear back for a few days. I had emailed inquiring about where I might be quadrant-wise on the waitlist so I can see if I have a realistic shot or not LOL. I was so set on being able to make some decisions by today (whether that be accepting offers or sending job apps/apartment hunting  ?. ) So frustrating, I hope everyone is hanging in there today, and congrats to those that have been accepted/placed on a waitlist!

I hope this doesn't come across as boastful because I'm just genuinely curious if anyone else who was accepted to western also received a call from them? I got a call from a professor at Western letting me know that herself and the department/committee were incredibly impressed with my application and hope I attend. Not sure if all students who receive an acceptance get that call. I've accepted U of T's offer and am set on attending their program but that was incredibly validating. I'm very shook.

3 minutes ago, SoaringSLP said:

I hope this doesn't come across as boastful because I'm just genuinely curious if anyone else who was accepted to western also received a call from them? I got a call from a professor at Western letting me know that herself and the department/committee were incredibly impressed with my application and hope I attend. Not sure if all students who receive an acceptance get that call. I've accepted U of T's offer and am set on attending their program but that was incredibly validating. I'm very shook.

I received the same call! I also thought it was nice that they reached out and the professor was very kind over the phone (made me tear up lol). 

5 minutes ago, victoriaSLP said:

Hi everyone!! Congrats to everyone who has heard! I was accepted to UofT and Western but I think I am going to accept my UofA offer. I was wondering if a group has been made for people going to UofA?? I'd love to get to know people and talk about housing and next steps :)) 

If there's a group, I'd love to join! 

2 hours ago, wantstospeech said:

Has anyone heard from OttawaU yet? 

I received my acceptance this morning at 7AM it was throughly ORPAS. It’s taking a while for them to update! Good luck!! 

8 minutes ago, victoriaSLP said:

Hi everyone!! Congrats to everyone who has heard! I was accepted to UofT and Western but I think I am going to accept my UofA offer. I was wondering if a group has been made for people going to UofA?? I'd love to get to know people and talk about housing and next steps :)) 

2 minutes ago, ewdavid said:

If there's a group, I'd love to join! 

I would love to join as well :) Although I am still waiting for my formal offer haha

1 hour ago, slp20210 said:

Hihi! 

I'm currently a first year SLP student at the university of Ottawa. For anyone on the waitlist or anyone who got accepted, please feel free to message me any questions you may have :)

Good luck to everyone, I know this is a stressful time.

Hiii! I just got waitlisted! I have questions but I have no clue how to message on this forum lol. Would you mind if I give you my email?

1 minute ago, SLP202205 said:

Hiii! I just got waitlisted! I have questions but I have no clue how to message on this forum lol. Would you mind if I give you my email?

Just messaged you! :) 

1 minute ago, SLPwonder said:

I would love to join as well :) Although I am still waiting for my formal offer haha

Same! I keep checking the portal cause I'm so eager to accept haha

40 minutes ago, speechietobe23 said:

I received the same call! I also thought it was nice that they reached out and the professor was very kind over the phone (made me tear up lol). 

I received a call as well but I missed it! I ended up firmly accepting my Uoft offer so I dont think Ill be hearing back :)

1 hour ago, SoaringSLP said:

Hey! I received something similar, but in email format from a professor in the department. Hope that answers your question :) 

Hi guys! I was hoping to ask if there are any current U of A or Western students who would be willing to message me  their though process of choosing the school they did and how they are finding their experience so far? I'll defs be making a pros cons list but if anyone was choosing between schools and made one as well I would love to compare (if anyone is willing)

12 minutes ago, _waffle123 said:

Hey! I received something similar, but in email format from a professor in the department. Hope that answers your question :) 

I did too from BJ, I believe on ORPAS we put our preferred contact method and that's what they went with :)

1 hour ago, SLPwonder said:

They are definitely taking their time going through the list and sending them out!! Idk how to make a public group on fb but if someone knows how, we could do that? I tried to search it and there are groups from last year

Congrats to everyone who's heard back so far!

I got into U of T earlier today and waitlisted at Western. I'm still holding out for UBC cause that's my first choice so if that happens hopefully that'll open up a spot for someone else in this group. Best of luck to everyone :)