2021-2022 Application Thread

Theory007

14 hours ago, Gradverse said:

May I know what subfield did you choose? Does anyone applying for International Relations of Political Science at Boston University receive any updates of admission?

I chose American Politics (focus on the American presidency/political communication) for my subfield. I am not sure what BU's admissions process/timeline looks like, but I noticed that acceptances were sent out on the 24th and sent waitlists on the 25th. Plus, DGS only notified me of the waitlist decision via email and made no updates to my admission status on my online application. Maybe check your spam/junk folder to see if you have something from "Boston University - Graduate School of Arts and Sciences." If not, it never hurts to contact the program coordinator (Liam Dingle - ldingle@bu.edu) and ask if all admission decisions have been sent out or if they will be sent out on a rolling basis.

I hope this helps, and I'm rooting for you! 

20 minutes ago, DanTheGrad said:

I chose American Politics (focus on the American presidency/political communication) for my subfield. I am not sure what BU's admissions process/timeline looks like, but I noticed that acceptances were sent out on the 24th and sent waitlists on the 25th. Plus, DGS only notified me of the waitlist decision via email and made no updates to my admission status on my online application. Maybe check your spam/junk folder to see if you have something from "Boston University - Graduate School of Arts and Sciences." If not, it never hurts to contact the program coordinator (Liam Dingle - ldingle@bu.edu) and ask if all admission decisions have been sent out or if they will be sent out on a rolling basis.

I hope this helps, and I'm rooting for you! 

So grateful for your nice response. Wish you all success in your applications. 

3 minutes ago, scared_phd said:

Got an interview at Georgetown. Got an email from a couple of profs including the comparative government field chair. I didn't know Georgetown did interviews. Hope this is a good sign; it is hard to tell these days.

Congrats on the interview! If a school is doing interviews, it’s certainly better to get one than not. 

18 minutes ago, scared_phd said:

Got an interview at Georgetown. Got an email from a couple of profs including the comparative government field chair. I didn't know Georgetown did interviews. Hope this is a good sign; it is hard to tell these days.

Me too! It was very unexpected I have to say, but I'll take it as a positive sign.

27 minutes ago, Movies_1411 said:

Me too! It was very unexpected I have to say, but I'll take it as a positive sign.

Congrats! Are you also in Comparative Politics? I applied as well (different subfield), but Im afraid no email yet

Would be so nice if there would be like one day when all schools have to have their emails ready and then send them out the next day at noon or something. This whole process shortens the lifespan of the average academic quite significantly. 

57 minutes ago, modesteffect said:

Someone claimed ucsd rej. anyone heard back?

It wasn't me, but it looks like the same email I received last year. It was weird because they asked me if I would like to join their MPP or MIA program even though I was already in my second year of an MPP program at UCI. It really made me feel like they didn't really look at my application. I hope they didn't do the same to any one else this year

Finally I learnt how to quote people hah. Still struggling with UTA's decision, still no acceptance/rejection/waitlist/update on portal/email...Should I contact them?

Edited by ShowroomDummy

11 minutes ago, ShowroomDummy said:

Finally I learnt how to quote people hah. Still struggling with UTA's decision, still no acceptance/rejection/waitlist/update on portal/email...Should I contact them?

I mean, since you know that UTA has started sending out decisions - it never hurts to contact the program coordinator/ assistant to see if all admission decisions have been sent out already or if they will be sent out on a rolling basis. I know we are all taught to be afraid of asking the program questions, but you need to do what feels right to you. Best of luck in whatever you decide to do!