2022 Chemistry Admissions Cycle Thread

VashtaNerada

21 hours ago, swimster said:

Did organic division at Caltech send out interviews? If not, can someone that is organic and receives an interview post about it here whenever they do? Desperately wanting to know if I will get an interview or not lol, I can't play this waiting game

I'm organic, I got an email invite for Caltech interviews today.

2 hours ago, littleberber said:

Oh boy, that got me scared. I'm organic too. Do you think they will send out interview invitation through the day today or they sent them out the same time? 

Me too. Also organic. Didn’t get one. I assume they sent them out the same time :(. It would be better if they just tell us we were not selected and reject us. Hate this waiting game.

How long should I give it before I get nervous? I’ve heard back about one school but some others people have mentioned (UCSD, UC Berkeley, UWMadison) I applied to and haven’t heard back. I just don’t know how close they sent acceptances out to know when to get worried

11 minutes ago, cowboyeet said:

I was accepted to UC Irvine (chem bio) via a portal update! Has anybody in organic/chem bio heard back from Berkeley yet? I am so anxious to hear from them 

I'm organic and already heard back from Berkeley on the 1st, but I have a feeling they're notifying prospectives over a range of days

5 hours ago, swimster said:

Did they mention the interview having 4 questions for inorganic as well? I'm not sure I could even answer 2 in that time

I'm going to be a robot. Also guess what. MiT just sent out interview invites. 15 mins, talk about your goals, and I'm ???? oh god okay.

edit: talked to a caltech phd, it's supposed to be chill, so we should both relax some

Edited by Saisei

2 hours ago, Saisei said:

I'm going to be a robot. Also guess what. MiT just sent out interview invites. 15 mins, talk about your goals, and I'm ???? oh god okay.

edit: talked to a caltech phd, it's supposed to be chill, so we should both relax some

did MIT send out all their interview invites today??

1 hour ago, Saisei said:

edit: Jk maybe not, all the interview slots aren't all filled.

Maybe it is division dependent? I'm organic and I know Caltech finished sending out their interviews but all slots aren't taken. I didn't hear back from MIT regarding interviews though. Anyone in organic hear back from MIT about interviews?

1 hour ago, thegreatkabob said:

did MIT send out all their interview invites today??

26 minutes ago, chemnerd101 said:

Maybe it is division dependent? I'm organic and I know Caltech finished sending out their interviews but all slots aren't taken. I didn't hear back from MIT regarding interviews though. Anyone in organic hear back from MIT about interviews?

So the interview slots are not all taken for caltech? Do you think they will send out more interview invite in the future? Thanks! Getting really nervous already lol

13 minutes ago, littleberber said:

So the interview slots are not all taken for caltech? Do you think they will send out more interview invite in the future? Thanks! Getting really nervous already lol

Hmmm I'm not so sure. From their email it seems like they contacted everyone at once :( I think there are empty slots because they offered more time slots than interviewees in case of time conflicts (there are like 4 slots left I think). But I could be very wrong about this.

You could also contact their admissions coordinator who can probably give you a definite answer

Edited by chemnerd101

8 minutes ago, chemnerd101 said:

Hmmm I'm not so sure. From their email it seems like they contacted everyone at once :( I think there are empty slots because they offered more time slots than interviewees in case of time conflicts (there are like 4 slots left I think). But I could be very wrong about this

ohh ok. Thank you for the info! At least now I don't have to have my hopes up lol. Also wondering did Stanford send out interview invite for everyone in organic as well?