Biomedical Sciences PhD Applicants (Fall 2022)

pathoscientist

12 hours ago, m114rh.02 said:

Anyone heard from Columbia CMBS (specifically the Integrated Program)? I'm pretty sure they're done with interviews and I expected to hear by now.

Applied (11): UNC Chapel Hill BBSP, University of Virginia BIMS, Columbia CMBS, UChicago Molecular Biosciences, Boston University PiBS, UPenn CAMB, Mt. Sinai Biomedical Sciences, Northwestern DGP, Tufts GSBS, NYU Vilcek, Jefferson GGCB

Interview (5): UNC BBSP, UVA BIMS, UPenn CAMB, Columbia CMBS, Tufts GSBS, Jefferson GGCB

Rejected: UChicago, BU PiBS, Mt. Sinai, Northwestern, NYU

Accepted: UVA BIMS, UPenn CAMB

I heard back from them two days ago. BMBSB track, so I am unsure if each track does admissions separately.

I just received an email that I was accepted into the Cancer Biology (DBBS) program at Washington University in St. Louis!!! I am so happy to have options now! Both of the programs that I've been admitted into (UW- Madison's MDTP program is the other one) are really great programs with their own strengths. I didn't get accepted into my top choices but this will definitely do. I wish everyone else the best of luck!

4 hours ago, MediaMonkey said:

I think/hope Stanford Biosciences (CSB) start rolling out acceptances this week... Please share if you hear anything!!

Seconding this if anyone hears from any of the Stanford Biosciences programs! I'm sure they will be somewhat coordinated...

19 hours ago, MidnightInParis said:

Did anyone hear from Colorado State Microbiology? I think they are sending out their first acceptances today.

I'm waiting to hear back from them, haven't received anything yet 

21 hours ago, MidnightInParis said:

Did anyone hear from Colorado State Microbiology? I think they are sending out their first acceptances today.

I received my offer from them just now and is it just me, or is it incredibly sus that they are giving us only SIX DAYS to accept or reject? I feel like this is super predatory and shady, I know that the April 15th resolution isn't universal among every US university but 6 days... really??

1 minute ago, MindyMermaid said:

I received my offer from them just now and is it just me, or is it incredibly sus that they are giving us only SIX DAYS to accept or reject? I feel like this is super predatory and shady, I know that the April 15th resolution isn't universal among every US university but 6 days... really??

Some of the schools I have interviewed with do the same thing because they admit on a rolling basis. Normally they are understanding if you have another interview coming up or if you want to requests to see the campus. Worst case scenario, you could request an extension and they say no. I like to think of it as a good problem to have lol

Hello guys. Have anyone heard from CUNY Biology PhD (Molecular, Cellular and Developmental subprogram)? Also, I still haven't heard anything from Scripps Chemical and Biological sciences PhD. Also, nothing from USF and UF...is there something to expect yet?

5 minutes ago, SergeiRO said:

Hello guys. Have anyone heard from CUNY Biology PhD (Molecular, Cellular and Developmental subprogram)? Also, I still haven't heard anything from Scripps Chemical and Biological sciences PhD. Also, nothing from USF and UF...is there something to expect yet?

Hello, I did my interview with CUNY Biology (MCD as well) on 1/17 and I got acceptance letter on 2/2.

35 minutes ago, SergeiRO said:

Hi, I heard nothing from Scripps but I assume a silent rejection at this point

35 minutes ago, SergeiRO said:

I had my interview on January 25 and haven't heard anything since then. I am an international student..maybe that is why.

All the best with your other interviews! :)

sorry for the typo, I did the interview on 1/27, and I'm an international student as well

2 hours ago, MediaMonkey said:

Some of the schools I have interviewed with do the same thing because they admit on a rolling basis. Normally they are understanding if you have another interview coming up or if you want to requests to see the campus. Worst case scenario, you could request an extension and they say no. I like to think of it as a good problem to have lol

Wow! Essentially, you have 6 days to choose between CSU and Tulane! And you still don't know if you'll get an offer from any university in the UT system... Please update us on what you decide. 

8 minutes ago, carrie922 said:

Don't know if different tracks send out offer at different time, but I just received an offer from Mount sinai. Hope it's helpful and hope you also get in!!

I just received an offer from Sinai PTD mta as well! Congrats!! Do you mind if I ask which mta did you choose?

2 minutes ago, CarmelD123 said:

I had applied to the PTD MTA. I got waitlisted by Cornell last week too... I'm feeling so disheartened at this point. ?

pat pat, are you still waiting for other programs? I have one more coming this Thursday. Anyway, don't lose hope and good luck to both of us ☘️