Grad school 2022 offers/intimations

Kankabatir_tirey

Hello! 

Got an offer from Oxford (Dphil) this morning. Does anyone have some info on this university when it comes to funding ? Do international students (non US) usually get some part of their tuition fees covered ? Or is it almost impossible (I've heard that full funding is very very scarce)?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

9 hours ago, Willythedog said:

Hello! 

Got an offer from Oxford (Dphil) this morning. Does anyone have some info on this university when it comes to funding ? Do international students (non US) usually get some part of their tuition fees covered ? Or is it almost impossible (I've heard that full funding is very very scarce)?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Hey! I am in a similar boat. I am dropping you a DM!

Folks with offers you intend to decline- Congrats on your successes! Please do decline those that you have already ruled out ASAP! I'm on the edge of my seat with a waitlist spot at UT Austin after 3 years of applying.  I'd imagine other waitlisted applicants feel similar!

1 hour ago, ryguy17 said:

Folks with offers you intend to decline- Congrats on your successes! Please do decline those that you have already ruled out ASAP! I'm on the edge of my seat with a waitlist spot at UT Austin after 3 years of applying.  I'd imagine other waitlisted applicants feel similar!

I super understand you! Waitlist at UPenn!! Does anyone know if someone received an offer for UPenn? Sending luck!

On 3/22/2022 at 4:18 PM, Madapersx said:

I super understand you! Waitlist at UPenn!! Does anyone know if someone received an offer for UPenn? Sending luck!

Yeah. This waiting period is awful. Is this also your only option? idk the people accepted but I know the department and took classes there with Deb Thomas. I know they held their open house / campus visit thing two weeks or so back. 

6 hours ago, ryguy17 said:

Yeah. This waiting period is awful. Is this also your only option? idk the people accepted but I know the department and took classes there with Deb Thomas. I know they held their open house / campus visit thing two weeks or so back. 

Hi ? it's not my only option but it's my priority. Good luck for usssss!!!!!! 

19 hours ago, Madapersx said:

Hi ? it's not my only option but it's my priority. Good luck for usssss!!!!!! 

Mary, perspective. More than two-thirds of applicants in each cycle get nothing. And you want more? Why are you on the edge of your seat- you're all set!

hi everyone, just wanted to check in to say that i've accepted my offer to study ling anth at the GC at CUNY. very excited!!! wishing everyone the best :)

p.s.--if any other cuny attendees want to get in touch, feel free to send me a message!

To folks still holding out on declining their offers--  If you wait until the last day to decline, the school likely will not be able to offer that spot to someone on their waitlist (even if your decline then triggers room to do so) due to administrative deadlines. Typically, all offer acceptances (waitlist and regular) must be made by a certain date. But if you decline sooner, you are giving the school enough time to turn to their waitlist, and you're giving someone else a shot!
Edited by ryguy17

Hi, folks!

If anyone has received an offer from CUNY or UT Austin (in the Sociocultural subfield) and intends to turn it down, I plead with you to do it as soon as possible. I am waitlisted at both these schools and any decision intimation from your side would be immensely helpful in moving things ahead for me (and others).

Thanks!

Edited by aratintherace

On 4/2/2022 at 6:22 AM, aratintherace said:

Hi, folks!

If anyone has received an offer from CUNY or UT Austin (in the Sociocultural subfield) and intends to turn it down, I plead with you to do it as soon as possible. I am waitlisted at both these schools and any decision intimation from your side would be immensely helpful in moving things ahead for me (and others).

Thanks!

Who is your POI at Austin?