Grad school 2022 offers/intimations

Kankabatir_tirey

hey, just giving an update. So far have received offers to Mich SSW-Anthro and Brown. Was rejected from Princeton and MIT. Curious if anyone else is weighing similar programs from a medical anthropology standpoint? Also, a reminder that these admissions are a real toss up and mean nothing about the quality of your application. hope everyone is hanging in ok :) 

Hi! Does anyone know anything about Toronto, Berkeley, Columbia or Vanderbilt?

Here is my update:

Accepted: SUNY-Albany, University of New Mexico, and Stanford.

Rejected: University of Michigan :(

Interviewed last week: CUNY 

Wish you all the best!

Edited by manolito

On 2/10/2022 at 10:43 AM, waifucup said:

very true. I wonder if they conducted interviews prior to this news breaking, cuz if they did then it's probably over for me ? (is that super callous of me to say? i'm just so done with the application cycle and the rejections ahhh) 

Hey, so sorry to let you know but Harvard did do and I believe finish social anthropology interviews prior to the lawsuit being filed. Sending lots of good thoughts your way and to anyone else here who (like me) is overloaded with rejections atm.

I'm also waiting on news from Toronto as an International student. I emailed the Admissions office for the School of Graduate Studies this morning inquiring about the status of my application, which I'm hoping isn't considered rude or anything. No response yet, but I'll post when they reply, if that comes before the official decisions are released. 

2 hours ago, thelegendof_ said:

Hey, so sorry to let you know but Harvard did do and I believe finish social anthropology interviews prior to the lawsuit being filed. Sending lots of good thoughts your way and to anyone else here who (like me) is overloaded with rejections atm.

Hi thanks for the update! May I ask how you figured it out? 

10 hours ago, thelegendof_ said:

Heyy, thanks for the info! How did you find out? Did you get contacted for an interview? 

10 hours ago, eoril1 said:

I'm also waiting on news from Toronto as an International student. I emailed the Admissions office for the School of Graduate Studies this morning inquiring about the status of my application, which I'm hoping isn't considered rude or anything. No response yet, but I'll post when they reply, if that comes before the official decisions are released. 

I did too! They responded saying: "We will be sending offers on a continuous basis over the next few weeks and all applicants will be notified of their result by early-March."

Now I am not sure if the interviews are already conducted or that there are no interviews.

12 hours ago, manolito said:

Here is my update:

Wish you all the best!

I believe Berkeley has had its interviews and sent out a few acceptances (I am just waiting for a rejection since I did not get a call for the interview). Columbia, a few applicants here said offers will be made by third or fourth week of this month but I think I saw an acceptance somewhere. Toronto, I did see some interview invitations but they were national students. It anyway hardly admits international students but I am unsure if they review international applications separately.

Congratulations! Those are some great acceptances!

On 2/13/2022 at 8:36 AM, giustizia said:

Did anyone apply to Brandeis? Has anyone heard or seen anything from them? They're basically the only other school I'm waiting on at this point.

Hi. I did see a couple of interviews on the results webpage. You might want to check them. Good luck!

Weird question but I received a fafsa reminder email from the university I applied to & I’ve never received such emails from any other uni I’ve applied to before … is this perhaps suggesting an acceptance? Or am I reading into it? 

On 2/16/2022 at 3:56 AM, Taara said:

I did too! They responded saying: "We will be sending offers on a continuous basis over the next few weeks and all applicants will be notified of their result by early-March."

Now I am not sure if the interviews are already conducted or that there are no interviews.

I received the same response. I don't think that there are formal interviews for Toronto, though I did speak with a POI before applying. 

On 2/16/2022 at 4:42 PM, Kankabatir_tirey said:

Thanks for pointing out. Just saw them on the results page. Haven't received any intimation. Should I strike off Brandeis from my list as well? Ugh.

There is a note on Brandeis University website that they interview and send offers in stages. So I don't think they send all the interviews together. Good luck! 

10 hours ago, eoril1 said:

I received the same response. I don't think that there are formal interviews for Toronto, though I did speak with a POI before applying. 

Yeah, they do not have interviews as part of their admissions.

On 2/15/2022 at 3:44 PM, manolito said:

Here is my update:

Wish you all the best!

Hi! Did they interview you for Stanford? If yes, when's about the time they did?

3 minutes ago, manolito said:

Yes, I was interviewed on February 3.

*sweats* okkk...

trying to stay strong and power through this month because i haven't heard back from 5 of 6 schools...