Grad school 2022 offers/intimations

Kankabatir_tirey

2 hours ago, anth_01 said:

Hi! I had an interview with UCSC mid-January, but I know that was specifically for the archaeology track. I still have yet to hear back regarding decisions, but from my understanding that will happen once all subfields have finished their selections and they meet as a larger department. 

That is good to hear! I am sociocultural. I asked for when the decisions would be out and my interviewer said "UC moves very slowly, we are just waiting for final authorization. I am desperate and anxious to know.

On 2/6/2022 at 11:05 PM, waifucup said:

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has heard ANYTHING back from Harvard yet? I've seen not a single post about interviews or anything, which seems odd

Harvard technically doesn't require interviews for admission, but may interview some finalists. That's not the clearest explanation, but it may explain why there have been no posts about interviews. 

Hey everyone, claiming my UMich rejection!!! I'm still waiting to hear literally anything from Yale (seems like interviews went out so expecting rejection), Columbia (seems like we won't hear till end of Feb), Brandeis, UPenn, and NYU. I hope everyone is doing well!!!! Does anyone have any updates or info regarding Brandeis, UPenn, or NYU? Thanks!

On 2/6/2022 at 11:05 PM, waifucup said:

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has heard ANYTHING back from Harvard yet? I've seen not a single post about interviews or anything, which seems odd

i imagine they are waiting for the comaroff chaos to calm down...

2 hours ago, hry_810 said:

i imagine they are waiting for the comaroff chaos to calm down...

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Seems like they’ve got bigger fish to fry and probably put admissions on the back burner for a bit. 

16 hours ago, weast said:

Harvard technically doesn't require interviews for admission, but may interview some finalists. That's not the clearest explanation, but it may explain why there have been no posts about interviews. 

Yeah that's what the admissions coordinator also said, but I was kinda hoping we'd hear even if ONE finalist got interviewed ? trying to find some balance between my mind thinking 'they didnt interview you because you were great and you're getting in for sure' and 'they didn't interview you because you're trash and you're getting rejected for sure' lol

17 hours ago, Yeti said:

Hey, any updates on WashU anthropology program? Please let us know if any! Thank you...

I got a rejection from POI last week. I think committee already had made their decisions, at least for archaeology track.

I had an interview last friday. Any idea how long it takes for admissions to get back to students after the interview? It has now been almost 5 days. Is a response earlier rather than later necessarily better (i.e. a response informally from PoI?). Feeling super anxious and just want to know, but hoping it will not be end of Feb. For other years, they seem to have replied to accepted applicants, but not rejects, within six days +/-. They also recorded the interview so perhaps they are taking time to go back through it. Please help! 

1 hour ago, snazzy_anth said:

Anyone else still waiting to hear from UCLA? I saw the acceptance on the results page but still haven't heard whether I'm in or out. I'm sociocultural, keeping my fingers crossed

Also waiting on UCLA. The email sent in January said that decisions aren't sent simultaneously

Just repeating what I have already mentioned here in the thread! Any updates on UCI? I saw two interview posts around early Jan. Other than that, there is an eerie silence. I'm sort of expecting a rejection since I did not get any intimation regarding interview or anything. Is it a good idea to email the Director of Graduate Admissions or my POI to know the status of my application? Should I drop them an email to check on it or should I just let it be and wait further (in anxiety)?

3 minutes ago, Kankabatir_tirey said:

Just repeating what I have already mentioned here in the thread! Any updates on UCI? I saw two interview posts around early Jan. Other than that, there is an eerie silence. I'm sort of expecting a rejection since I did not get any intimation regarding interview or anything. Is it a good idea to email the Director of Graduate Admissions or my POI to know the status of my application? Should I drop them an email to check on it or should I just let it be and wait further (in anxiety)?

No clue about UCI (didnt apply), but also wondering about the etiquette of emails. My only concern is if not appropriate it would hurt my chances (especially post-interview). Curious what others think. Alas, keep some hope maybe. Anthropology seems to be a bit on fire with a flare of existential crisis over Harvard so I'm finding some sanity in that maybe departments are a bit distracted these first few weeks of Feb and there could still be hope running into the end of the month. 

Hi everyone! Just found this community and so grateful for it. Have been freaking out a bunch. 

Does anyone know if Columbia has sent out all its interviews? Someone mentioned that a Columbia prof said that they're going to review apps till the 3rd week of Feb, but I saw someone posted about getting an interview in the results section of the website. Wondering if interviews are sent out on a rolling basis or all at once - would be grateful for any and all insights!

33 minutes ago, anxiousanthrogal said:

Hi everyone! Just found this community and so grateful for it. Have been freaking out a bunch. 

Does anyone know if Columbia has sent out all its interviews? Someone mentioned that a Columbia prof said that they're going to review apps till the 3rd week of Feb, but I saw someone posted about getting an interview in the results section of the website. Wondering if interviews are sent out on a rolling basis or all at once - would be grateful for any and all insights!

I also applied and haven't heard anything. Not sure if that means rejection is coming...

10 minutes ago, giustizia said:

I also applied and haven't heard anything. Not sure if that means rejection is coming...

I also have not heard anything, but I'm not sure if interviews are offered on a rolling basis. 

7 hours ago, Kankabatir_tirey said:

hey, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but i believe UCI had their virtual campus visit for all shortlisted students last friday.