Grad school 2022 offers/intimations

Kankabatir_tirey

2 hours ago, Ilovesoup1997 said:

It looks like UChicago interview invites are starting to roll out. Fingers crossed!! (but I am losing hope)

I have an interview with UChicago this week, but I was directly contacted by a POI, so things could be staggered. Don't lose hope! 

1 hour ago, snazzy_anth said:

Anyone hear anything from Berkeley or UCLA yet? I saw the 2 interviews on the results page for Berkeley and am hoping they're for a different track... I applied for sociocultural. Anyone else?

Nothing from Berkeley either, and I'm archaeology, but it was a super long shot, so I'm not expecting anything, but I'm still crossing my fingers!

1 hour ago, snazzy_anth said:

Anyone hear anything from Berkeley or UCLA yet? I saw the 2 interviews on the results page for Berkeley and am hoping they're for a different track... I applied for sociocultural. Anyone else?

I also haven't heard anything from Berkeley or UCLA, and I'm sociocultural. Keeping my fingers crossed! 

11 minutes ago, giustizia said:

Aaaaand just got the rejection letter in my portal. No email or anything, I just signed in and saw it. First rejection hitting hard :(

Same :( makes me nervous about the other schools I’ve applied to

Has anyone heard from Stanford sociocultural anthro? Saw two interview invites but both applicants were American. Don't know if international applicants have received any notification. 

On 1/25/2022 at 10:15 PM, weast said:

I have an interview with UChicago this week, but I was directly contacted by a POI, so things could be staggered. Don't lose hope! 

Congratulations! How did it go?

On 1/25/2022 at 11:45 AM, weast said:

Do you mind me asking how you were contacted? Was it via email or phone? Congrats btw! 

On 1/28/2022 at 10:58 AM, ptx12456 said:

Do you mind me asking how you were contacted? Was it via email or phone? Congrats btw! 

Thank you! I was solely contacted via email. Two faculty members from the department contacted me to set up a time to speak this week. I also recieved an email notification to check my application portal, where I had to fill out an RSVP form for interviews. So it was like a dual system. The status update on the portal said that faculty would schedule interviews between the 25th and the 28th, which is what happened. I'm not sure if this is for all tracks though (I'm sociocultural). 

On 1/28/2022 at 9:15 AM, Ade08 said:

Congratulations! How did it go?

Thank you! It went pretty well! They felt more like conversations with the professor, like office hours, than actual interviews. Much more relaxed than my previous interview

On 1/28/2022 at 9:14 AM, Ade08 said:

Has anyone heard from Stanford sociocultural anthro? Saw two interview invites but both applicants were American. Don't know if international applicants have received any notification. 

I'm an American applicant in sociocultural, and I haven't heard anything. Not sure if they've sent out all interview invites already. 

Hey. I just had an issue on which I am freaking out. In one of my applications, there was a section for 'Specialization/Subfield' where I had to choose sociocultural (for me). I think I missed it by mistake and that section shows blank when I log into my application. Will this affect my application badly? Should I mail the grad admission assistant to let them know about this and whether they could consider my application under sociocultural? Is emailing them necessary or they would anyway understand my subfield when they read my SOP? Please let me know what you people think of this!

Hello everyone. Just wanted to check with those who have had interviews with UChicago this week. Did any of the faculty members say anything about when to expect a decision? I also had interviews last week, and was just told I should expect results - whatever they are - in a few weeks. International student. 

4 hours ago, Kankabatir_tirey said:

Hey. I just had an issue on which I am freaking out. In one of my applications, there was a section for 'Specialization/Subfield' where I had to choose sociocultural (for me). I think I missed it by mistake and that section shows blank when I log into my application. Will this affect my application badly? Should I mail the grad admission assistant to let them know about this and whether they could consider my application under sociocultural? Is emailing them necessary or they would anyway understand my subfield when they read my SOP? Please let me know what you people think of this!

It could be a mistake on their end, but I don't think it would hurt to email the grad admissions assistant to check if your application is being considered under sociocultural. Generally, the admissions committee should be able to figure out your track based on your SOP and letters of recommendation, so I wouldn't worry too much! 

3 hours ago, why_tho said:

Hello everyone. Just wanted to check with those who have had interviews with UChicago this week. Did any of the faculty members say anything about when to expect a decision? I also had interviews last week, and was just told I should expect results - whatever they are - in a few weeks. International student. 

When I spoke with them, they tentatively said we would hear back in a couple weeks. In previous years, UChicago sent out decisions in mid-February. 

On 1/30/2022 at 7:28 AM, weast said:

It could be a mistake on their end, but I don't think it would hurt to email the grad admissions assistant to check if your application is being considered under sociocultural. Generally, the admissions committee should be able to figure out your track based on your SOP and letters of recommendation, so I wouldn't worry too much! 

Hey. Thanks a lot, really. I mailed them to know this and they affirmed that the committee figured out my track from my application materials. They said my application is currently under review for sociocultural  and I should expect to hear in two-three weeks! Fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, Kankabatir_tirey said:

Hey. Thanks a lot, really. I mailed them to know this and they affirmed that the committee figured out my track from my application materials. They said my application is currently under review for sociocultural  and I should expect to hear in two-three weeks! Fingers crossed.

I'm glad everything worked out! Best of luck to you!