Grad school 2022 offers/intimations

Kankabatir_tirey

37 minutes ago, Ilovesoup1997 said:

Any UChicago applicants here? Seems like they sent out interview requests a bit earlier than this last year and I’m curious if the one listed on gradcafe is even legit. Anyone else heard anything or talked to anyone?

I also applied to UChicago, and I haven't heard anything. It is true that last year interview requests went out by now, but in previous years, they only went out in the last week of January. I think I'm gonna wait a few days and if I don't hear anything by then, I'll contact the graduate admissions administrator. 

37 minutes ago, Rémy888 said:

Anyone knows whether NYU send out interviews? 

also USCD?

Based on previous years and entries on gradcafe, it seems like NYU does do interviews, at least for sociocultural. Not sure about UCSD though. 

On 1/19/2022 at 1:28 PM, Ilovesoup1997 said:

Any UChicago applicants here? Seems like they sent out interview requests a bit earlier than this last year and I’m curious if the one listed on gradcafe is even legit. Anyone else heard anything or talked to anyone?

A family member of mine applied to UChicago and has not yet heard back. Not sure if all interviews went out already -- I only see one posted (the other one seems to be a question). 

9 hours ago, Ade08 said:

hi all. Any idea when Stanford responds to applications?

The last few years they've tended to do interviews at the end of January with results released mid-February, so nothing to worry about yet if you haven't heard anything!

Hi everyone!

Just wondering who else in here is applying for archaeology? Anyone else apply to Brown and UPenn?

Good luck to everyone! No matter what, be proud of yourself for making it this far! And lets hope we all become a cohort of incredible anthropologists!

1 hour ago, Archaeogirl said:

Hi everyone!

Just wondering who else in here is applying for archaeology? Anyone else apply to Brown and UPenn?

Good luck to everyone! No matter what, be proud of yourself for making it this far! And lets hope we all become a cohort of incredible anthropologists!

Also arch! Brown was on my initial list but I didn't hear back, although I'm having regrets now that I didn't apply to more places ?

Looks like next week might be a bit busier in terms of results based on previous years, so here's hoping we get some good news!

6 minutes ago, HorseNerd said:

Also arch! Brown was on my initial list but I didn't hear back, although I'm having regrets now that I didn't apply to more places ?

Looks like next week might be a bit busier in terms of results based on previous years, so here's hoping we get some good news!

Absolutely! I had emailed back and forth with a PI at Brown, and from past years it looks like interview invites will go out in the next two weeks, so fingers crossed.

What is your area of interest? 

And good luck with your applications!

27 minutes ago, Archaeogirl said:

Absolutely! I had emailed back and forth with a PI at Brown, and from past years it looks like interview invites will go out in the next two weeks, so fingers crossed.

What is your area of interest? 

And good luck with your applications!

I'm looking into the prehistoric Southwest US! Looks like we're both in hot deserts!

Good luck to you too!

On 1/22/2022 at 4:01 AM, Chen2022 said:

Anyone knows whether Brown send out interviews?

Hey! I know that Brown JIAAW (archaeology) does send out interviews, but has not yet this year (should be within next two weeks)

As for the Brown Anthro or Sociology programs, I do not know if they normally send out interviews. I would check the results page from years past and see if they do and around when.

10 hours ago, Archaeogirl said:

Hey! I know that Brown JIAAW (archaeology) does send out interviews, but has not yet this year (should be within next two weeks)

As for the Brown Anthro or Sociology programs, I do not know if they normally send out interviews. I would check the results page from years past and see if they do and around when.

Thank you so much. Typically, they will send out the interview around January 20th. Probably it would be next week. 

On 1/22/2022 at 6:12 AM, hambee said:

Is anyone waiting on UVA, Rice, Emory, or Berkeley? Best of luck to all! I hope the outcomes are favorable for everyone. 

Hey. I'm waiting on UVA. But it might just be too early to hear anything from them at this point? Not sure though. 

Anyone about any information on UC Irvine? I saw two people posting interview calls on the results page around 10 days back. Any further updates?  Thanks, in advance and good luck to all of you! 

On 1/21/2022 at 10:27 PM, anth_01 said:

The last few years they've tended to do interviews at the end of January with results released mid-February, so nothing to worry about yet if you haven't heard anything!

Thanks so much! Just had my interview with Rutgers anthro. My anxiety is practically off the roof so I want this all to get over quickly

On 1/21/2022 at 6:42 PM, hambee said:

Is anyone waiting on UVA, Rice, Emory, or Berkeley? Best of luck to all! I hope the outcomes are favorable for everyone. 

I'm waiting on Berkeley, and I saw that someone posted about an interview on gradcafe a couple days ago. I hope to hear from them soon. What's your track? 

Writing to claim both a UCSB and Cornell rejection. I also had an interview with Minnesota a couple of weeks ago. I applied in sociocultural. 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone that we all hear some good news soon!

On 1/23/2022 at 7:34 AM, Archaeogirl said:

I just saw someone post interview on the result today. So I think I probably not get into the Brown Anthropology program.

3 hours ago, weast said:

I'm waiting on Berkeley, and I saw that someone posted about an interview on gradcafe a couple days ago. I hope to hear from them soon. What's your track? 

I am sociocultural. Do you think they send staggered interview invites? 

Good luck! 

16 hours ago, Kankabatir_tirey said:

Hey. I'm waiting on UVA. But it might just be too early to hear anything from them at this point? Not sure though. 

Anyone about any information on UC Irvine? I saw two people posting interview calls on the results page around 10 days back. Any further updates?  Thanks, in advance and good luck to all of you! 

I think it may be a bit early, yeah. Good luck to you as well! 

1 hour ago, hambee said:

I am sociocultural. Do you think they send staggered interview invites? 

Good luck! 

I think it depends on who is doing the interviewing. For example, I know that UChicago arranges interviews through POIs, so it's up to the POI to contact shortlisted students. Some may be faster at doing this than others. 

On the other hand, I was contacted for my Minnesota interview directly by the department, so I imagine that the interview requests would have been sent out fairly close to each other. 

And I'm sociocultural too. Good luck to you too!