Grad school 2022 offers/intimations

Kankabatir_tirey

On 1/28/2022 at 8:44 PM, Ade08 said:

Has anyone heard from Stanford sociocultural anthro? Saw two interview invites but both applicants were American. Don't know if international applicants have received any notification. 

Hi! A contact at Stanford told me that someone (from India) had asked them about guidance regarding the interview (sociocultural) about a week ago. He told me that usually the invites are sent out collectively. So, it is safe to assume that Stanford has sent out all the invites by now.
(I am from India as well. Expecting a rejection email soon.)

1 hour ago, aratintherace said:

Hi! A contact at Stanford told me that someone (from India) had asked them about guidance regarding the interview (sociocultural) about a week ago. He told me that usually the invites are sent out collectively. So, it is safe to assume that Stanford has sent out all the invites by now.
(I am from India as well. Expecting a rejection email soon.)

Thanks a lot for the update! I wish they'd just sent out the rejections quickly to end this waiting game

On 1/27/2022 at 7:05 AM, giustizia said:

Has anyone heard from Columbia or Yale?

I have applied to both.

Yale sent out invites a week ago, but judging from a prof's response it is faintly probable that they aren't done yet. I personally didn't get an email.

Columbia, I was told by a prof, is still reviewing which will go on into the 3rd week of Feb. One long wait it's gonna be. (Possible though that they send invites to some applicants they feel strong about in the meanwhile.) 

Edited by aratintherace
Typos.

Posting to claim a rejection from UVA. Received an email to check portal and there it was, a very generic rejection letter. It wasn’t my top choice and I knew I wasn’t a great fit. But still, first application cycle, first decision, and first rejection. So, it sort of hurts my confidence. Duh. Still waiting on UMass Amherst, UC Irvine, and Brandeis. Hoping, but not too optimistic haha. 

1 hour ago, Kankabatir_tirey said:

Posting to claim a rejection from UVA. Received an email to check portal and there it was, a very generic rejection letter. It wasn’t my top choice and I knew I wasn’t a great fit. But still, first application cycle, first decision, and first rejection. So, it sort of hurts my confidence. Duh. Still waiting on UMass Amherst, UC Irvine, and Brandeis. Hoping, but not too optimistic haha. 

Sorry to hear that! It stings. Good luck with the rest!

I will soon be claiming a couple. Already received two (four actually if I consider the fact that I received no interview invites for two progs.).

24 minutes ago, giustizia said:

Hey everyone, hope you're hanging in there. Here's my update: rejected by Duke & UChicago. Accepted to GC at CUNY. Haven't heard anything from Yale, Columbia, NYU, UMich, UPenn, or Brandeis. 

Yale would be conducting the interviews this week for which the invites have been sent out already. Got denied by Duke and UChicago too. Have applied to CUNY (GC) too but heard nothing so far. God, could be another rejection!

Congrats on at least getting a spot thus far!

4 hours ago, giustizia said:

Hey everyone, hope you're hanging in there. Here's my update: rejected by Duke & UChicago. Accepted to GC at CUNY. Haven't heard anything from Yale, Columbia, NYU, UMich, UPenn, or Brandeis. 

Congratulations on your acceptance! I also applied to Columbia, NYU, and UPenn, and I haven't heard anything. I think someone higher up in the thread said that Columbia would be reviewing applications until the third week of February. 

On 1/20/2022 at 12:07 AM, Rémy888 said:

Anyone knows whether NYU send out interviews? 

also USCD?

On 1/20/2022 at 12:07 AM, Rémy888 said:

Anyone knows whether NYU send out interviews? 

also USCD?

I was called for a chat with POI. Was told that decision will be out by the end of February. But the department website says that the decision will come out by February 7. Hvae you got any updates ? My track is sociocultural.

On 1/24/2022 at 12:16 PM, Ade08 said:

Thanks so much! Just had my interview with Rutgers anthro. My anxiety is practically off the roof so I want this all to get over quickly

Was this for the Ph.d or masters program?

37 minutes ago, Triton7193 said:

Just got an interview from UCSC with some senate faculty. It went well and I am hoping it was a good sign, curious to see if there are any other UCSC interview requests.

Hi! I had an interview with UCSC mid-January, but I know that was specifically for the archaeology track. I still have yet to hear back regarding decisions, but from my understanding that will happen once all subfields have finished their selections and they meet as a larger department.