Grad school 2022 offers/intimations

Kankabatir_tirey

Should folks who haven't heard back yet from Columbia and Harvard just assume they've been rejected at this point? Does anyone know of any instances in which people have gotten into those places without an interview? Saw on gradcafe that someone got into Yale without an interview, but at this point I'm just feeling scared of holding on to hope

4 hours ago, anxiousanthrogal said:

Should folks who haven't heard back yet from Columbia and Harvard just assume they've been rejected at this point? Does anyone know of any instances in which people have gotten into those places without an interview? Saw on gradcafe that someone got into Yale without an interview, but at this point I'm just feeling scared of holding on to hope

Hi! I personally am not expecting any miracles at this point. I know it's a difficult state of mind to be in. Sending lots of strength, support, and love your way! 

Edited by Taara

7 hours ago, Pete8175 said:

Anyone heard anything about NYU? Have they done interviews? Are they even doing interviews? Been eerily quiet from them on the results page. 

I have applied to NYU and there is literally nothing yet. Another friend did too and she has got nothing. There is hardly anything on NYU on the results page as well. So, either there are no interviews or they are yet to have interviews or they have finished interviews and none of us are even aware of it.

21 minutes ago, Taara said:

Hi! I personally am not expecting any miracles at this point. I know it's a difficult state of mind to be in. Sending lots of strength, support, and love your way! 

16 hours ago, Pete8175 said:

Anyone heard anything about NYU? Have they done interviews? Are they even doing interviews? Been eerily quiet from them on the results page. 

Hi sorry to be the bearer of bad news but NYU Sociocultural did interviews end Jan/early Feb and sent first round offers two weeks ago

1 hour ago, Triton7193 said:

I did and was notified by POI of acceptance. Funding letters take a while to be generated so it is radio silence on the portal at this point.

Hi, did you also choose the experimental ethnography track? and could you please share who is your POI?

5 hours ago, Anthrochick97 said:

Hi! Has anybody heard back from CUNY or BU? If so, what subfield did you apply into? Sending good vibes to everyone still waiting!!

Hi! I applied to cultural track and was accepted to CUNY on February 22. I had an interview some weeks ago. Sending best wishes too, I hope you get news soon. 

Edited by manolito

8 hours ago, Anthrochick97 said:

Hi! Has anybody heard back from CUNY or BU? If so, what subfield did you apply into? Sending good vibes to everyone still waiting!!

CUNY, yes. I got an email around a week ago saying I am accepted. I know of another who did too and another applicant who is waitlisted.

11 minutes ago, Taara said:

CUNY, yes. I got an email around a week ago saying I am accepted. I know of another who did too and another applicant who is waitlisted.

What subfield if you don’t mind my asking? I’m guessing not the same as mine as my interview was only around a week ago haha

4 minutes ago, Anthrochick97 said:

What subfield if you don’t mind my asking? I’m guessing not the same as mine as my interview was only around a week ago haha

Cultural track. I had my interview on the 10th and received an acceptance on the 20th. Good luck!

18 minutes ago, Madapersx said:

Where is UPenn? Where is UPenn? Wheeereeeeere is upennnnnnnn? ( Pixies, where is upenn)

Help! Any news?

I did talk to my POI like a few weeks ago and he said that they've had interviews with the shortlisted candidates. I am not sure if they've sent admission offers yet, but there are no rejections yet. No idea what's taking them so long!

13 minutes ago, Taara said:

I did talk to my POI like a few weeks ago and he said that they've had interviews with the shortlisted candidates. I am not sure if they've sent admission offers yet, but there are no rejections yet. No idea what's taking them so long!

Thank you Taara! Yes, i got an interview with three POI. But after this.... Just silence. I was thinking if i should say something, like to send any email... I don't know. Thanks for your answer!!! Best wishes!

Just now, Madapersx said:

Thank you Taara! Yes, i got an interview with three POI. But after this.... Just silence. I was thinking if i should say something, like to send any email... I don't know. Thanks for your answer!!! Best wishes!

You should! Definitely write to your POIs asking for the decision timeline and when they'd release their decisions.

5 minutes ago, Taara said:

You should! Definitely write to your POIs asking for the decision timeline and when they'd release their decisions.

Yes. Because they said that results will come in the end of this month... I think I will wait until Monday... And another question, do you think that interviews are super important during the process? I don't know what to wait about it...

Toronto did you hear something? I got wait-list. International student so .. expected

5 minutes ago, Madapersx said:

Yes. Because they said that results will come in the end of this month... I think I will wait until Monday... And another question, do you think that interviews are super important during the process? I don't know what to wait about it...

Toronto did you hear something? I got wait-list. International student so .. expected

Yes, interviews are important. Otherwise why have them...