FYI: Free Amazon Prime Student Accounts with .edu address

coyabean

Just have to have a .edu e-mail and fill out some basic info.

http://www.amazon.com/student

Go go go!

Thanks so much for sharing this! Does anyone happen to know how long this promotion will last? Ideally I would want to start my year so that I can make the most use out of it possible (i.e. start it out in August right when I'm about to buy my books for school). Do you think the promotion will still be going on then?

Thanks so much for sharing this! Does anyone happen to know how long this promotion will last? Ideally I would want to start my year so that I can make the most use out of it possible (i.e. start it out in August right when I'm about to buy my books for school). Do you think the promotion will still be going on then?

No idea. Presumably it would last for a month. Of course, if you wait just one day too long... I went ahead and signed up today. No use taking a chance for what amounts to one month.

No idea. Presumably it would last for a month. Of course, if you wait just one day too long... I went ahead and signed up today. No use taking a chance for what amounts to one month.

Good point! I'm going to sign up today as well!

Thanks again for posting! You're a lifesaver!

I debated putting it here when I posted but couldn't decide. Thanks, mods!

Also, my friend had a paid Prime account at the time and when she signed up they refunded her and honored the free student account within minutes of signing up. Oh, Amazon, how I adore thee.

Edited by coyabean

This was the reply I got after signing up:

As a part of your Amazon Student membership, you'll enjoy one year of FREE Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime. Two-Day Shipping not fast enough? With Amazon Prime you can upgrade to One-Day Shipping for $3.99/item.

Also keep a look out for exclusive offers from Amazon stores such as MP3, Clothing, Textbooks, and much more.

You can always see our latest offers at: www.amazon.com/student

Enjoy,

The Amazon Student Team

And I was able to log in using my regular Amazon.com account and just enter my .edu info. F'n sweet. Thanks for posing this!

Coyabean, you are a legend! I had a free trial of Amazon Prime and have wanted it ever since it ended, but being a student and all... This is fantastic!!!

• 2 weeks later...