HGSE 2023

Here2Teach

3 hours ago, YoungGiftedBlack said:

Same here! I saw that someone else updated the results page today with an acceptance email/call, but they’re in the EPPE concentration. I wonder if they received the call yesterday or today…either way, I’m trying to keep some hope alive for us all! 

Hi, I posted today (I believe that's the one you are referring to). In my case, since I am not currently in the US, and I don't have my US phone number with me, they sent an email (POI) of congratulations and asking me for a 20 minutes zoom call. She told me that the Dean tried to call me yesterday but couldn't reach me out. Finally, she told me that tomorrow we might expect decision letters to be sent by the admissions office. I applied to the EPPE concentration. 

20 hours ago, riurik said:

Hi, I posted today (I believe that's the one you are referring to). In my case, since I am not currently in the US, and I don't have my US phone number with me, they sent an email (POI) of congratulations and asking me for a 20 minutes zoom call. She told me that the Dean tried to call me yesterday but couldn't reach me out. Finally, she told me that tomorrow we might expect decision letters to be sent by the admissions office. I applied to the EPPE concentration. 

Thank you for your response, and congrats! Have you or anyone else received a letter today as mentioned? I am starting to lose hope, but I just think it’s odd that none of the CIS folks in this thread have heard back. More than anything, I hope I receive a decision (good or not) for my own peace of mind haha. 

1 hour ago, YoungGiftedBlack said:

Thank you for your response, and congrats! Have you or anyone else received a letter today as mentioned? I am starting to lose hope, but I just think it’s odd that none of the CIS folks in this thread have heard back. More than anything, I hope I receive a decision (good or not) for my own peace of mind haha. 

I received a personalized email from the adcom just now, offering me a spot on the waitlist. It was kinder than I expected, and then I got another email alerting me to the portal update, which led me to a page where I had to either accept or deny the offer - which I of course accepted. From what the personal email said, it seems they do see at least a little movement off the waitlist each year, so we'll see what happens. 

I hope there's good news coming to other CIS folks, and that at least some of us get some actual offers today!

Greetings,

I have been following this thread for a month, and I'm just curious if any applicants of the Harvard EDLD program have received any results. I see that the PhD programs have received notifications, so I'm just checking. I've applied for the EDLD this fall, but I have not heard anything, nor have I received any invitations for interviews, so I've pretty much ruled myself out, but I'm just trying to gain a better understanding of where they are at in the process.

4 hours ago, MR89 said:

Greetings,

I have been following this thread for a month, and I'm just curious if any applicants of the Harvard EDLD program have received any results. I see that the PhD programs have received notifications, so I'm just checking. I've applied for the EDLD this fall, but I have not heard anything, nor have I received any invitations for interviews, so I've pretty much ruled myself out, but I'm just trying to gain a better understanding of where they are at in the process.

EDLD has a completely different process compared to PhD. PhD apply through GSAS not HGSE. I think the application deadlines are different too. 

I have no clue of EDLD interviews have gone out but the fact PhDs have doesn’t mean anything in terms of EDLD. 

On 2/10/2023 at 2:30 AM, ctnued2033 said:

Radio silence regarding EdLD apps it seems...the suspense is killing me! 

I wrote to admissions to inquire about the status of Ed.L.D. interviews. They replied, "At this point, we have sent out all interview invitations. We do not anticipate sending out more invitations at this time." Congrats to all who interviewed! It looks like the end of the road for those that didn't get an invite.

49 minutes ago, mintchocol8e said:

Is there anyone else still waiting to hear back regarding the PhD? I did not get interviewed but haven’t been rejected either. I’m expecting a rejection but was wondering if there are others also waiting for a decision.

still waiting for an update, i.e. a rejection.

12 minutes ago, zh_awk said:

Did any fellow CIS-ers for the PhD program ever hear back? @rmv21  @jackie987 @YoungGiftedBlack @whycollege +anyone else out there I missed?

I'm really hoping we've got some representation in this year's batch of offers! 

I still haven’t heard anything yet! I interviewed last month. At this point I'm assuming I'll receive a rejection letter whenever my portal is updated. I do wonder how many CIS applicants were interviewed beyond those of us here. Fingers crossed that at least one of us gets accepted/taken off the waitlist! 

2 hours ago, zh_awk said:

Did any fellow CIS-ers for the PhD program ever hear back? @rmv21  @jackie987 @YoungGiftedBlack @whycollege +anyone else out there I missed?

I'm really hoping we've got some representation in this year's batch of offers! 

Yes! I was offered a spot on the waitlist. The email was very kind, it seems highly possible I could end up getting an offer but not I'm holding my breath!

My portal was just updated - I was rejected, as expected. I’m so glad I can stop refreshing the app portal now, haha. Congrats to all who were admitted, and good luck to those of you on the waitlist! This is my second time applying to doc programs, so I’m just grateful to have had a better outcome this time around with multiple offers at other great programs (I was denied from all programs back in 2019). For those who may be disappointed with their Harvard/other grad school admissions outcomes, I hope you know that your value, intelligence, and potential to accomplish great things in our field are not determined by this process. Don’t give up if this is your first time applying to grad school! Wishing you all the very best!!

Edited by YoungGiftedBlack

5 minutes ago, YoungGiftedBlack said:

My portal was just updated - I was rejected, as expected. I’m so glad I can stop refreshing the app portal now, haha. Congrats to all who were admitted, and good luck to those of you on the waitlist! This is my second time applying to doc programs, so I’m just grateful to have had a better outcome this time around with multiple offers at other great programs (I was denied from all programs back in 2019). For those who may be disappointed with their Harvard/other grad school admissions outcomes, I hope you know that your value, intelligence, and potential to accomplish great things in our field are not determined by this process. Don’t give up if this is your first time applying to grad school! Wishing you all the very best!!

Thank you for your kind words!! I was also just rejected, got a generic letter on my portal, even after an interview. It’s disappointing, but I’m lucky to have other options. Good luck to everyone else!

13 minutes ago, YoungGiftedBlack said:

Same, also rejected. I got into one of my options but I am not sure if I should take it or try again next year. In your experience, what changed between your last year applications and what you did this year? 

On 2/13/2023 at 3:11 PM, Moxmo said:

I wrote to admissions to inquire about the status of Ed.L.D. interviews. They replied, "At this point, we have sent out all interview invitations. We do not anticipate sending out more invitations at this time." Congrats to all who interviewed! It looks like the end of the road for those that didn't get an invite.

Well, my application has not been updated. It still says submitted, and I’ve told myself that all interviews already went out, but I still keep checking for no reason, anyway. I wonder if anyone’s EDLD apps have been updated? ??