HGSE 2023

Here2Teach

On 2/4/2023 at 2:23 AM, eduforall said:

So am I!

I know I got rejected because I didn't receive an interview invitation.

I think we shall hear from HGSE next week or the week after!

Me too. I didn’t get an interview either, but my POI told me decisions can be made until early March. From this website, it does seem like most decisions went out by mid-February last year, however.

Hi all!! I can't believe this is real.. I also received a phone call accepting me into the program! HDLT PhD. Still in shock and so grateful after multiple rejections ? I didn't post it in the results page yet. They said to expect an official email by Friday.

Edited by Creamsoda

47 minutes ago, Creamsoda said:

Hi all!! I can't believe this is real.. I also received a phone call accepting me into the program! HDLT PhD. Still in shock and so grateful after multiple rejections ? I didn't post it in the results page yet. They said to expect an official email by Friday.

Congratulations! That's amazing, you must feel such a relief lifted off of you!

Can I ask if you were called yesterday or today?

1 hour ago, YoungGiftedBlack said:

Congrats to everyone accepted!! I’m curious to know if any CIS applicants  received a call?

Hmmm...I also interviewed for CIS and haven't heard back yet. Is it possible that they haven't yet fleshed out our concentration? From the looks of it, it doesn't seem like at least anyone here has been contacted as of today! Seems strange that not a single person wouldn't have gotten a bite at this point, and I know the program has historically called all admits on the same day, but perhaps this year something's up on their end? That's what I'm gonna tell myself at least, to maintain some hope!

1 minute ago, zh_awk said:

Hmmm...I also interviewed for CIS and haven't heard back yet. Is it possible that they haven't yet fleshed out our concentration? From the looks of it, it doesn't seem like at least anyone here has been contacted as of today! Seems strange that not a single person wouldn't have gotten a bite at this point, and I know the program has historically called all admits on the same day, but perhaps this year something's up on their end? That's what I'm gonna tell myself at least, to maintain some hope!

Same here! I saw that someone else updated the results page today with an acceptance email/call, but they’re in the EPPE concentration. I wonder if they received the call yesterday or today…either way, I’m trying to keep some hope alive for us all! 

7 minutes ago, YoungGiftedBlack said:

Same here! I saw that someone else updated the results page today with an acceptance email/call, but they’re in the EPPE concentration. I wonder if they received the call yesterday or today…either way, I’m trying to keep some hope alive for us all! 

I just saw that too! And yes, definitely going to hold onto this hope to keep myself from going too crazy waiting haha

I know this is a long shot, especially because HGSE keeps their stats under wraps pretty well, but would anyone happen to know how many folks they typically interview each year? I'm curious if anyone was bold enough to ask anyone they spoke with along their application/interview journey!