HGSE 2023

Here2Teach

On 1/17/2023 at 9:19 AM, mintchocol8e said:

Nope. Haven’t heard back from any of my schools at all.

Ugh, I'm sorry. This is such a stressful time. I hope each of us can find something that brings us true joy/excitement this week! Maybe watching a movie, walking somewhere new, or eating out at a new restaurant if it is in budget.

Hello, all

For those applying, as am I, to the new online Ed.M. at HGSE, enclosed below is a link regarding the program that was published in the Harvard Crimson student newspaper. Hopefully, HGSE has addressed any concerns that may need addressing.

Btw, do any of you have concerns about the perceived quality of an online degree? Just curious. Thanks and Happy New Year!

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2021/10/15/hgse-online-program-complaints/

4 hours ago, EduEduEC said:

Congrats to everyone! Unlucky on this end: I guess I'll have to see if I got into the masters program in March! haha 

Following up to my comment - does anyone know if these invites are usually sent in one single batch to all qualified applicants or over a couple of days? 

1 hour ago, mintchocol8e said:

Congrats to those who got interviews.

Did anyone who applied to the CIS program get an interview yet?

I received an invitation today by email from an administrator. Interview is Friday over Zoom with one of the CIS concentration chairs and an additional faculty member. Good luck to all!

2 hours ago, louisianaed said:

Anyone got an interview for EPPE concentration? 

Also, for those that got interviews, I'm curious, did they give you options for a time? 

Best of luck to ya'll! 

I applied for the EPPE concentration, they didn't give options for a time but I guess if I had asked for another time they could reschedule?

13 minutes ago, zh_awk said:

Received an interview invitation for next week, with POI and CIS concentration chair! I also was not given options for times, and didn't want to ask for other time slot possibilities just in case that wouldn't be a good look. Good luck, everyone!

Congrats! Did you get the invite for the interview yesterday or today?

4 hours ago, mbape said:

Around 30% should get final offers.

Oh god, I don't know why but that just made me so much more anxious! I literally just had my interview and feel good overall, but now I'm nervous it wasn't *amazing* enough to earn me a spot.

Does anyone know if the trend of them contacting interviewed candidates about 2 weeks after their interview to offer a spot is still a thing? At the end of my interview I was told I'd hear back by the end of February, which I'm hoping doesn't signal they might have not been feeling me enough to want to offer me a spot sooner.

2 minutes ago, zh_awk said:

Oh god, I don't know why but that just made me so much more anxious! I literally just had my interview and feel good overall, but now I'm nervous it wasn't *amazing* enough to earn me a spot.

Does anyone know if the trend of them contacting interviewed candidates about 2 weeks after their interview to offer a spot is still a thing? At the end of my interview I was told I'd hear back by the end of February, which I'm hoping doesn't signal they might have not been feeling me enough to want to offer me a spot sooner.

I was also told end of Feb at the end of mine, so my guess is it’s standard… Also feeling more anxious about the 30%! Where did that info come from?

8 hours ago, Rvmr said:

I was also told end of Feb at the end of mine, so my guess is it’s standard… Also feeling more anxious about the 30%! Where did that info come from?

I think it's standard, and I honestly also think faculty just don't know haha. During my interview, the one person said 3-4 weeks, then the other interview corrected them and said 2-3 weeks, and then the original person just said I have no idea. Hahaha. They said that faculty submit their lists, then GSE and the grad school have to approve those people and do some admin-y stuff, and then the notifications get sent out! So that's my guess why they probably just give some blanket "end of february" response!

@zh_hawk I bet your interview was ahhh-mazing! Every person in this forum could have been successful here, in my opinion. Sometimes it's just a matter of fit or timing.