HGSE 2023

Here2Teach

2 hours ago, LK21 said:

I got waitlisted for HDE.

Does anyone know how common it is for waitlisted applicant to get accepted?

I got waitlisted for ELOE... I've been googling all day about waitlisted people getting accepted but there was no luck... I also have no idea if there is a large group of people who get waitlisted or little, as well as whether there is a priority queue. I only anticipated rejection vs. acceptance so the waitlist has thrown me into a curveball for what to do in terms of the next steps.

Got into EPA! I still can't believe it!!!

Does anyone know when they announce financial aid results? Because that would be the only way I could afford to do this.

My stats:

Program/Concentration: EPA

GRE: Didn't take

Work experience: 5 years part-time 

Undergrad: B.A. in Humanities (Persian Language and Literature)

Undergrad GPA: 3.81

Graduate: Currently doing a master's in Cultural Studies

Grad GPA: 3.83

Research: Currently writing my thesis

LORs: 2 from professors (one from undergrad, another from grad school), 1 from my supervisor at work

International student. Language test: TOEFL iBT 117

9 hours ago, cowsgomooo said:

I got waitlisted for ELOE... I've been googling all day about waitlisted people getting accepted but there was no luck... I also have no idea if there is a large group of people who get waitlisted or little, as well as whether there is a priority queue. I only anticipated rejection vs. acceptance so the waitlist has thrown me into a curveball for what to do in terms of the next steps.

Was waitlisted for ELOE too. It definitely has me feeling weird too, @cowsgomooo. Like I am happy to still be considered, but being in limbo is uncomfortable too.

Congrats to all that got in! So excited for each and every one of you.

For those that didn't get the answer they hoped for, don't give up. Quite a few of my classmates here applied 2 or even 3 times to get into HGSE.

On 3/2/2023 at 7:03 PM, annie_happy said:

For those who applied to the Ed.M program, what are your all’s stats? Also, so hopeful results come out tomorrow!! It’s been a long wait and I’m so excited for it to be here! Good luck to everyone.

I think this is such a great idea! I know  @Here2Teach posted the GC applicant admission data from 2013-2022 that @graciasadios and @mjsmith compiled. Hoping that one of them will update the data from this years applicants that share their stats in here.

Edited by DogeCoin

Last night Friday, March 3 at 6:05pm ET, I received an email that my admissions notification for HGSE is available. God so good! This is so life changing. I got into Harvard! I will be in the LDIT program. Good luck to everyone else waiting on a notification. For anyone who might not have gotten the response they wanted, try again. This is my second time applying to HGSE. Last year I didn't get in, but this year I did! So don't give up on yourself! Good Luck everyone!

37 minutes ago, DogeCoin said:

Congrats to all that got in! So excited for each and every one of you.

For those that didn't get the answer they hoped for, don't give up. Quite a few of my classmates here applied 2 or even 3 times to get into HGSE.

I think this is such a great idea! I know  @Here2Teach posted the GC applicant admission data from 2013-2022 that @graciasadios and @mjsmith compiled. Hoping that one of them will update the data from this years applicants that share their stats in here.

Happy to help folks out and update the data they post here. I don't get on here much, but I'll check in every now and then for the next few weeks to add any new stats that are shared. Congratulations to all that got the good news yesterday!

A BIG CONGRATS to everyone who got in!!! I am so so happy for all of you! I unfortunately got rejected. If anyone else here are in the same boat and will be re-applying as well, please dm me or respond to me here. I would like to chat! 🙂 Congrats to everyone who got accepted again! I wish all of you a successful and eventful year at HGSE!!!

Edited by Roro2023

Congratulations to everyone who got in; may this next chapter be all that you desire, and for everyone who got rejected, like me, may this experience guide you evermore towards your purpose! I never thought I would get accepted, but somehow it still hurt really bad to open the email last night, lol! Anyway, I’m going to post my Statement of Purpose and Supplemental Essay for the EDLD on my LinkedIn, and I would love to connect with everyone and follow your journey. You can search for me, Marques Rubi.

Got into EPA! Still awaiting financial aid decisions to hopefully make this an actual option for me :)

Here are my stats:

Program/Concentration: EPA
GRE: 165 v 165 q 4.5
Work experience: 7 years, including 2 years part time. Mostly education, research and public policy
Undergrad: Philosophy, Politics and Economics
Undergrad GPA: 3.96
Research: 1 year of experience in education policy research
LORs: 1 from professor, 2 from former bosses 

Hi everyone! I got admitted to EPA - and I'm still processing it. I really hope that I'd get the funding I need to do this. For those who are also applying for finaid, we can expect to receive their financial aid package via the HGSE Student Aid Portal by late March to early April. Go to the financial aid section in the admitted students website for more info. All the best everyone!

On 3/3/2023 at 1:51 PM, chemteacher2021 said:

First post but have been watching this forum for quite awhile! First time applicant here. Wanted to share some stats too :)

Program/Concentration: LDIT/ NIL

GRE: Did not take

Work Experience: 2 Years as a certified trained science teacher

Undergrad: B.S (Hons) in Chemistry 

Undergrad GPA: 3.77 (WES evaluation converted from: 4.65/5.00)

Grad: Post-Grad Certification in Education (Teaching)

Grad GPA: 3.53

Research: Research experience during undergraduate career, 2 published papers in Chemical Education - Journal part of American Chemical Society Publications (1st author for one and 2nd author for other one)

LORs: One professor from undergrad, one professor from grad, and supervisor from current workplace

Others: International applicant from Asian country. 

Update: Got into the LDIT program! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted 🎉.  Keep up the determination to all those who could not get in 💪🏻.

It was my first time applying to HGSE, and got rejected. I would like to re-apply next year. I am enthusiastically looking forward to interacting with others who would love to discuss about HGSE.

I would like to start a WhatsApp group and cordially invite the following people to it:

1) HGSE 2024 'Fresh applicants' & 'Re-applicants'

2) HGSE Current Students & Alumni who would like to help the above students (This is a very humble request to these folks)

If anyone is interested, please feel free to connect with me on my Linkedin: 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/rahmasuhaimy/

😇

On 3/4/2023 at 1:08 PM, DogeCoin said:

If anyone is interested in adding data to this spreadsheet, then please privately message me your email and I will give you editing privileges. Also, this is the product of many hours of work, so I would appreciate if you upvote this post if the spreadsheet was helpful to you to give me some satisfaction for all that work I did ☺️

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, 

So excited to share that I moved off the waitlist!! Didn't think it was possible but I am now in the ELOE cohort!

Here are my stats:

Program/Concentration: ELOE
GRE: did not take
Work experience: all part-time/student teaching jobs/leadership roles - founded own nonprofit for STEAM education
Undergrad: Visual Arts & Computer Science
Undergrad GPA: 3.57 (Canadian GPA ~81.1%)
Research: 1 year of experience in design education & technology as I completed an MPhil in Education at Cambridge (received distinction)
LORs: 2 from Master's course/research supervisors, 1 from a former manager for a volunteer organization that I led

I recognize that there is barely any information about moving off of waitlists for HGSE (I have been refreshing all portals, forums, and Reddit threads like crazy the last couple of weeks) so please don't hesitate to DM me if you are in the same boat for current and future applicants!

On 3/31/2023 at 2:46 PM, cowsgomooo said:

Hi all, 

So excited to share that I moved off the waitlist!! Didn't think it was possible but I am now in the ELOE cohort!

Here are my stats:

Program/Concentration: ELOE
GRE: did not take
Work experience: all part-time/student teaching jobs/leadership roles - founded own nonprofit for STEAM education
Undergrad: Visual Arts & Computer Science
Undergrad GPA: 3.57 (Canadian GPA ~81.1%)
Research: 1 year of experience in design education & technology as I completed an MPhil in Education at Cambridge (received distinction)
LORs: 2 from Master's course/research supervisors, 1 from a former manager for a volunteer organization that I led

I recognize that there is barely any information about moving off of waitlists for HGSE (I have been refreshing all portals, forums, and Reddit threads like crazy the last couple of weeks) so please don't hesitate to DM me if you are in the same boat for current and future applicants!

Congrats! So happy for you!