SSHRC CGS -D & Doctoral Fellowships 2023-2024

capricorn97

40 minutes ago, Vancouver604.Ontario said:

Sorry, how do I confirm which committee pool I'm in?

I can see my generated CV where we ranked  areas of research (r3-digit code). I also see that we could rank up to five disciplines (5-digit codes).  Is the committee out top-ranked Discipline?

Thanks for your help!

Did you download your application? If so, you can find it in the last digit of "preferred selection committee" on the Application Profile page. If not, you can also determine it based on your research area here.

1 hour ago, chicha3maddy said:

What frustrates me the most is that there hasn't been any apology or even understanding on their part of the toll that this would take on the small group that's still waiting to hear. Their automatic email reply says "we invite them to be patient"; there is nothing anywhere about how the results have been missing for a week and the delay has now taken us past the latest possible date that they promised (end of April). No kind of recognition that this was an error on their end that students are now forced to deal with. Even a simple "We apologize for the delay" would have helped. 

I am so glad I found this forum and to know others are also waiting in frustration - I don’t know which committee I am in, but I agree that they are past their deadline and the 6 month wait is already brutal enough. I thought for sure everyone would have heard back by Friday last week. They could have at least provided an update via social media to say they’re still working on it. Our deadlines as applicants are not flexible so the least they could have done is an apology and brief update to say when results may be available. Thanks for venting along with me lol. 

4 minutes ago, LindseyT said:

I am so glad I found this forum and to know others are also waiting in frustration - I don’t know which committee I am in, but I agree that they are past their deadline and the 6 month wait is already brutal enough. I thought for sure everyone would have heard back by Friday last week. They could have at least provided an update via social media to say they’re still working on it. Our deadlines as applicants are not flexible so the least they could have done is an apology and brief update to say when results may be available. Thanks for venting along with me lol. 

100% agree with you- it wouldn't have been difficult to send a mass email just to say we're sorry and you should hear soon. What is your research on? We should be able to figure out your committee that way! 

36 minutes ago, chicha3maddy said:

100% agree with you- it wouldn't have been difficult to send a mass email just to say we're sorry and you should hear soon. What is your research on? We should be able to figure out your committee that way! 

My research is looking at storytelling methods with autistic women and trans and/or non-binary folks to improve relevant health and mental health services - the ‘preferred selection committee’ says 7524? 

Just now, LindseyT said:

My research is looking at storytelling methods with autistic women and trans and/or non-binary folks to improve relevant health and mental health services - the ‘preferred selection committee’ says 7524? 

That's amazing! My research is on the need for improved human sexuality training for counselling psychologists to enable them to better serve sexual and gender minorities and those who practice alternative relationship styles. :)) I'm queer myself and I did a lot of research into the negative experiences in mental health services that queer folks still face as I was making my case in my proposal—your research is so important!  

We're also in the same committee, it looks like! 

3 minutes ago, chicha3maddy said:

That's amazing! My research is on the need for improved human sexuality training for counselling psychologists to enable them to better serve sexual and gender minorities and those who practice alternative relationship styles. :)) I'm queer myself and I did a lot of research into the negative experiences in mental health services that queer folks still face as I was making my case in my proposal—your research is so important!  

We're also in the same committee, it looks like! 

Oh my gosh your research is super important!! I am queer too and would like to focus on autistic queer folks (late diagnosed person myself) and access to affirming counselling has been huge for me - so much needs to change here for folks so I am so happy to see you doing this research! And the alternative relationship styles just adds another layer of alienation for folks (I know this from experience too). Thanks for sharing and commiserating on the wait here! I haven’t posted much about my research yet but if you’d like to follow me on Twitter my handle is @LindseyThomson3 :)

Is anyone else still getting the "Unable to find an account with the email address provided." error when trying to figure out what their login is? Has anyone been able to resolve this? I called them on Friday and they said that since the server is down, they can't even "get into it" to fix this issue. 

Update as of 1pm ET:

Sent to SSHRCIs there any expected timeframe for this or a “at the latest by X” date available given the IT issues

Response from SSHRC via email: Unfortunately, we cannot yet provide an estimated date for when all applicants will receive their results for the 2023 Doctoral Awards competition. We are still facing some technical difficulties.You can try reaching out to your institution to see if they are able to provide you with any updates.We thank you for your patience as our teams work to resolve this issue.

My institution still doesn't have results either, so this doesn't really help.

8 minutes ago, Vancouver604.Ontario said:

Update as of 1pm ET:

Sent to SSHRCIs there any expected timeframe for this or a “at the latest by X” date available given the IT issues

Response from SSHRC via email: Unfortunately, we cannot yet provide an estimated date for when all applicants will receive their results for the 2023 Doctoral Awards competition. We are still facing some technical difficulties.You can try reaching out to your institution to see if they are able to provide you with any updates.We thank you for your patience as our teams work to resolve this issue.

My institution still doesn't have results either, so this doesn't really help.

*Called IT help too, and Extranet crashed on Thursday so they are fixing it but really don't know when it will be fixed. 

55 minutes ago, LindseyT said:

Oh my gosh your research is super important!! I am queer too and would like to focus on autistic queer folks (late diagnosed person myself) and access to affirming counselling has been huge for me - so much needs to change here for folks so I am so happy to see you doing this research! And the alternative relationship styles just adds another layer of alienation for folks (I know this from experience too). Thanks for sharing and commiserating on the wait here! I haven’t posted much about my research yet but if you’d like to follow me on Twitter my handle is @LindseyThomson3 :)

I'm so glad to hear that affirming counselling has been so meaningful for you! Institutionally there is absolutely a long way to go still. I won't lie, I only made my Twitter account this week to stalk SSHRC results 😂 But I will gladly follow you! 

28 minutes ago, Vancouver604.Ontario said:

*Called IT help too, and Extranet crashed on Thursday so they are fixing it but really don't know when it will be fixed. 

Oh my goodness... at this point can they just send us our results by email or something?? There has to be a quicker way! 

26 minutes ago, chicha3maddy said:

Oh my goodness... at this point can they just send us our results by email or something?? There has to be a quicker way! 

One more update from them via email:

SSHRC eligible institutions received the notification. It is possible that they were not able to login on Thursday as the Extranets were down, but they should have access to the lists now. I suggest reaching out to them again in case they have been able to access the results this week.

48 minutes ago, Vancouver604.Ontario said:

One more update from them via email:

SSHRC eligible institutions received the notification. It is possible that they were not able to login on Thursday as the Extranets were down, but they should have access to the lists now. I suggest reaching out to them again in case they have been able to access the results this week.

I have reached out to my institution and they are apprehensive about releasing results before students receive them from SSHRC. I wish SSHRC would send an email out to institutions advising that due to the technical difficulties, it is appropriate to share results with applicants while they wait for their official results 

I sent my department the exact wording from the SSHRC saying that we should get our results from them, and they sent me the most frustrating reply:

"Thanks for this information.

As much as possible, we don't release the result to students if SSHRC are not yet able to provide an official notice to all students. Per the email we received from SSHRC: The result notifications should be sent to all applicants over the next few days. A follow-up email will be sent once the results documents are uploaded.

I would suggest waiting until the end of this week, if the results are not out by then we will reach out with SSHRC for best course of action.

Thanks for your patience.

Kind regards," 

How is this fair when most students already know? Ugh, this is just infuriating. 

I received an email from SSHRC at 9:15 p.m. (ET) tonight. I was able to create a profile and download the documents (four in total). One of them was the decision letter. Unfortunately, I was recommended (my application was deemed meritorious), but not offered funding. Over 20 people would need to decline their offer for me to receive funding, so that's highly unlikely. I was in committee 4D.

At this point, I am just happy that I finally know the outcome of this competition despite the fact that this was not the one I was hoping for.

Fingers crossed for all of you and I hope that you'll all get your results soon!