Fall 2023 Admissions

DeoTank

2 hours ago, chaffinch said:

hey for anyone who is interested in UCI:

idk why someone posted they got into irvine, seems something's weird with people making up fake posts this year.... POI says they are just about to send out emails to top candidates for invitation to zoom visit day. so, the interview notification should be very soon but there are no decisions yet 

Exactly. I had reached out to my POI who informed me yesterday that applications are still under review and final decision can take more time. Same for Minnesota. They are also still reviewing applications atm.

2 hours ago, chaffinch said:

idk why someone posted they got into irvine, seems something's weird with people making up fake posts this year.... POI says they are just about to send out emails to top candidates for invitation to zoom visit day. so, the interview notification should be very soon but there are no decisions yet 

Really relieved because UCI is one of my top choices.

This thread really helpful to me. I applied to eight programs and so far I've received an interview invitation from Northwestern and two rejections from Cornell and UNC Chapel Hill.

Since I'm international, when it's night time here, it’s daytime in the US. It's really tough not being able to sleep at night being worried about getting any news.

hope all our hard work will finally pay off. Keep fingers crossed for everyone!

3 hours ago, chaffinch said:

What is zoom visit day? Does it mean you got in or is it another test before they accept you?

5 hours ago, chaffinch said:

Wow! The fake posts are a bit much this year, aren't they? I don't think this happened as much in the previous years.

So for UCLA they say they start rolling out in mid Feb.

good to hear about UCI.  We shall see.

i got a personalish email fthis morning from Notre Dame director of grad studies in Anthro saying i had made it to semi final, but not the short list and wishing me luck.

so now I’ve got thee denials but only one was a school I was really interested in moving for.  The others were low priority.

10 hours ago, titus_sloan said:

Would you have any information about Columbia by any chance? It had one of the earliest deadlines and there has been no movement on my app since December 1st. Should I assume a rejection at this stage?

I did not apply to Columbia, so can't help you there! :( Best of luck, though! Perhaps check r/gradadmissions on reddit? Or you could email a POI at Columbia :)

hey everyone, late to the waiting party but also anxiously waiting, and everyone should hold on to your hope!! it feels like an eternity but I've been telling myself to exercise, drink water and take a hot bath!! a hot tub bath could really help! I only applied to a couple of anthropology programs, but brown is one of them, and it feels really stressful knowing that it can come out any second now, either today or tomorrow...has anyone heard back since the interview? 

2 minutes ago, bealice77 said:

hey everyone, late to the waiting party but also anxiously waiting, and everyone should hold on to your hope!! it feels like an eternity but I've been telling myself to exercise, drink water and take a hot bath!! a hot tub bath could really help! I only applied to a couple of anthropology programs, but brown is one of them, and it feels really stressful knowing that it can come out any second now, either today or tomorrow...has anyone heard back since the interview? 

I have not heard back! But I just emailed my POIs that I interviewed with.

2 hours ago, bealice77 said:

I am also waiting to hear back from Brown!! The suspense is killing me, lol