MPH 2023 Canada

PHWarrior

1 hour ago, MPHHopeful_ said:

Has anyone heard back from UofT? I applied to the black health stream, but at this point I'm curious to know if anyone who applied to nay of the streams has heard back. My application status just says "submitted" and my documents are "received".

nothing from uoft epi

2 hours ago, MPHHopeful_ said:

Has anyone heard back from UofT? I applied to the black health stream, but at this point I'm curious to know if anyone who applied to nay of the streams has heard back. My application status just says "submitted" and my documents are "received".

Hey! I applied to the MPH in SBHS at UofT and my application still says submitted and documents received. Hopefully we will start to hear back soon cause the wait is killing me.

36 minutes ago, jzysan said:

So happy to join the boat with the rest of the U of A group! I received my offer letter today from the school! I can't wait to see the rest of you in the Fall!!

Congrats! Did you get your official offer letter through GSMS or the unofficial one from the School of Public Health?

19 minutes ago, jzysan said:

Just the unofficial one from the school. I think I have to wait a while for the official letter! 

Yes, I'm still waiting for mine and it's been a week. The School of Public Health said it might take up to three weeks. Congrats again though!!! So happy for you :)

8 minutes ago, verake said:

Has anyone else heard back from UBC or SFU yet? I saw two posts about them last Friday but nothing else so far. My patience is running out hahaha

Saw some comments on the MPH thread on Reddit. I believe two people got an offer from UBC today!

1 hour ago, jzysan said:

So happy to join the boat with the rest of the U of A group! I received my offer letter today from the school! I can't wait to see the rest of you in the Fall!!

Congrats! Are you from Alberta yourself? What’s your background?

Will see you in August!

3 minutes ago, FoodieMPH said:

Congrats! Are you from Alberta yourself? What’s your background?

Will see you in August!

Thank you! I'm not from Alberta. I'm from BC, and I will be moving with my family to Alberta. We want to settle down with a place of our own, and we always wanted to move to Alberta. BC Housing is not ideal, haha. 

I applied with a CGPA of 3.05, and my last two years was around 3.17. It's a super weak stat on my end, so I was so afraid that I would get rejected. I do have a variety of healthcare related experience though. I am currently a volunteer at a hospital (for seven months now). I previously worked as a lab tech for co-op, and I volunteered at a dialysis unit and a medical clinic. I was also involved with a club that focuses on student mentorship at my uni. Overall, I didn't think I have a good chance lol, but I think getting in touch with a supervisor beforehand helps.