Political Science - Fall 2011 Cycle

adaptations

Claiming a GW acceptance via email (Comparative). They said they're looking for 15 students out 350 applicants, but not sure if that 15 refers to the number they admitted or hope will accept. No funding "at the time" unfortunately, but I suppose now the negotiations begin!

Claiming a GW acceptance via email (Comparative). They said they're looking for 15 students out 350 applicants, but not sure if that 15 refers to the number they admitted or hope will accept. No funding "at the time" unfortunately, but I suppose now the negotiations begin!

same as above.

"While we would like to fund all of our students, our resources are limited. We cannot offer you funding at this time. Be assured that if additional funding does become available, you will be given full consideration. "

Also in at GW. No funding. Though the email was spam because it didn't come through with a last name from the sender!

Now my cycle has almost ended--assuming that rejection letters from Columbia and NYU are on the way. two acceptances without funding=nothing. sigh.

On another note: Is it that GWU only offers funding to 15 candidates and then sends out more acceptances without funding??

Edited by adela_heartless

no news for me :( this season is quickly becoming a complete flop.

I know how you feel. I'm 0-3 so far (with Columbia and GWU most likely making it 0-5). That only leaves Notre Dame, but I'm not holding my breath for that one. I'm so glad I got offered an RA position this week, so I'll have something to keep me busy until the next round of applications. But I have no idea what I'm gonna do next year. This looks to be the second year in a row I strike out completely with applications.

It's posts like these that make me wish there was a +10 button.

Loans.

Don't do it. You can't even comprehend how much happier you will be as mid-level administrator for Hibbing County than a perpetual lecturer at East Southeast New Hampshire state with a $200k sword of Damocles nicking your jugular. It almost never makes sense to leverage your future sense of mobility and freedom for that kind of dough.

One day, your Future Self will look lovingly at your three-year-old son, then your doting spouse and think "Thank the Good Baby Christ Child I can ditch that whiny little bastard with Grandma and take a week in Honolulu to finally be a sexual creature again". Then Future Self will realize that such a vacation would be impossible with a $2k/month loan payment and Future Self will thank Present Self and GopherGrad (the wizened, but oddly still totally hot Phantom of the GradCafe) because were it not for that very moment on the Internet you would be looping the leaf blower's electric cord over a garage rafter instead of planning a vacation.

Claiming the Maryland acceptance. Emailed DGS, who apparently pulled me off of a waiting list after I told him it was a top choice.

Congrats on the Maryland acceptance!! Looks like you have some choices to make too.

It looks like there are a bunch of Chicago rejects up on the board now. Is anyone else still waiting for one? I haven't heard anything and I find it really annoying.

Same here. Complete radio silence from Chicago.

You want to study resources, right? Who do they have at FSU? I know MSU has some good people.

That all depends on what your focus is--I think FSU is good all the way around, but I'm particularly interested in the prospect of working with Jennifer Jerit, William Clagget, and Brad T. Gomez (there are a few others, too).

I've seen almost a dozen of rejections from Cornell on the results board, all made today. I have no message so far.

I just was wondering whether they sent one massive email or maybe are doing an one-by-one system.

Are the unlucky recipients of rejections from Cornell in the first half of the alphabet?

I would like to keep my hope alive, but I'm also realistic so I'm just waiting my deathly turn.