2024 Canada Prep & Admissions SLP Thread

Congrats to everyone who got an invite from McMaster! That's so exciting! I did not apply but am curious about what those of you who did apply think the cutoff may have been to gage the applicant pool? Do we think it is higher than last year's? If anyone is comfortable answering this I'd love to know. Thanks :)

On 2/14/2024 at 11:26 PM, BrocasArea said:

Congrats to everyone who got an invite from McMaster! That's so exciting! I did not apply but am curious about what those of you who did apply think the cutoff may have been to gage the applicant pool? Do we think it is higher than last year's? If anyone is comfortable answering this I'd love to know. Thanks :)

i think the average for interviews is around a 3.83-3.84. the cut-off might be like a 3.82 maybe? i do think its just a few points lower than last year. 

Hi everyone! I've been lurking this forum for a while, and I'm applying to the slp program at McGill. I was wondering if any of you are also applying to McGill and if you know when we should be hearing back from them. I'm feeling pretty nervous about my application.

Hi! Is anyone else registered for AUDI 403 at UBC? It’s supposed to start on Monday and I haven’t gotten an email yet about how to access the online course. Has anyone heard anything on how to access the course?

On 3/1/2024 at 6:43 PM, Speech2024 said:

Hi! Is anyone else registered for AUDI 403 at UBC? It’s supposed to start on Monday and I haven’t gotten an email yet about how to access the online course. Has anyone heard anything on how to access the course?

Hi! I also haven't gotten any email, but the course is on a website called UBC Canvas.

4 hours ago, Natashaslp said:

Is anyone else freaking out since the time we hear back from schools is approaching?? Goodluck everyone!

yes haha definitely feeling the panic set in! 

5 hours ago, Natashaslp said:

Is anyone else freaking out since the time we hear back from schools is approaching?? Goodluck everyone!

Yes!! Will be super anxious for the next few weeks.

8 hours ago, Natashaslp said:

yea! also feeling some impostor syndrome lol (second guessing if i would even be a good slp). In previous years Dal got back to some tsudents around this week so its even more frightening + 5 more weeks until the end of classes for me so im also drowning in work. Goodluck to everyone though! 

Ya I know the feeling as well, I’m also second guessing if it 100% what I wanna do haha

I hope we find out soon and they don’t draw it out for really long! 

23 hours ago, Natashaslp said:

Definitely! I've been getting more anxious as the days pass. Hopefully we hear back good results!

I noticed that McGill added this blurb to their SLP program webpage under the "How to Apply" tab. Just thought others might want this info!

Information for Prospective Students to the M.Sc.A Program

We were very pleased to receive a large number of applicants to the M.Sc.A Program. We are excited to review the applications. We will send information to applicants soon about next steps.

Currently you may need information about the new tuition regime introduced by the Quebec provincial government. The new rules will not impact applicants who are residents of Quebec. There will be impacts for those applicants who come from outside Quebec, specifically:

• Tuition fees will rise by approximately 33% per year.
  • There will be no extra French language requirements.
  • Our program continues to be offered over a 24-month period.
  • Our program is taught in English.
  • Internships can be offered in English, French or bilingually.

On 3/10/2024 at 11:02 AM, Natashaslp said:

Definitely! Feels so surreal that we hear back so soon. It's been a long time coming and I wish everyone the best of luck :)