• 3 weeks later...

I keep telling myself that it'll be easier than when I had to apply for my MFA, but we'll see how it goes... There's lot of time left to plan/prepare.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/9/2023 at 12:31 PM, sheherazade11 said:

Anyone know where I can find samples of SOPs for PhD Creative Writing applications?

I’ve been looking at university graduate study programs and cross referencing key elements. Also talking to advisor.

• 1 month later...

Same!!! I’m still finalizing Brown, Northwestern, and UChicago. McGill and Concordia are coming down the pipe but working on closest deadlines atop graduate school deadlines of my current program. Trying not to beat myself up turning in my applications so close to the deadlines.

• 2 weeks later...

whew, a lot of the applications have been flying in as I've been busy wrapping up the semester, just have Brown left to submit (getting a second opinion about including a secondary writing sample whether it'd help or hurt my chances)

4 hours ago, sheherazade11 said:

Gender & Sexuality.

awesome! do you have a subtopic or niche within this? I've been reading a lot about lesbian and sapphic archives and definitely wanna use doctoral study and resources to delve more into it

7 minutes ago, gagne said:

awesome! do you have a subtopic or niche within this? I've been reading a lot about lesbian and sapphic archives and definitely wanna use doctoral study and resources to delve more into it

I would say that I'm more interested in the intersections that exist between Queerness and Social Class, primarily in modern British literature.

Any other 2024 English lit. applicants out there? I was waiting for someone else to start a thread but I guess I'll do the honors. I've applied to 11/12 of my programs at this point, going to finish the last app. in the next couple of days.

I've been lurking this forum off and on for about 5 years and this is the most dead I think it's ever been.