1 hour ago, amyyyyyy said:

I know it sounds a little sad but my only hope is Harvard now and I am hypnotizing myself that they may be releasing results alphabetically. Or I have to pray for a partially funded MA from BU or Fordham. The most anxiety comes from the fact that I am older than normal applicants and I will get even older after an MA

You’ll grow older regardless. The only difference is you could be x age with an MA/PhD, or x age without them.

Rooting for you!

3 hours ago, thea said:

I know a few of us are still waiting on USC, so I decided to email them today. I'm expecting a rejection at this point, but we'll see. 

Let me know what they say! I’m also expecting a rejection, but was too nervous to reach out, lol.

Went to a general grad into session with Concordia online (couldn’t make it for in-person grad school open house last month) and still no admissions news 😕 also haven’t heard from McGill but saw a Canadian acceptance around Valentines Day and an American acceptance around the 28th. Concerned this is a silent rejection 

4 hours ago, gagne said:

Went to a general grad into session with Concordia online (couldn’t make it for in-person grad school open house last month) and still no admissions news 😕 also haven’t heard from McGill but saw a Canadian acceptance around Valentines Day and an American acceptance around the 28th. Concerned this is a silent rejection 

Hope you get in

Still waiting to hear from USC, but ND emailed me back and let me know that I wasn't included in their first round of offers and to anticipate a final decision by mid-April. I assumed I would be outright rejected, as I did not receive an interview...

Edited by thea

6 hours ago, thea said:

Still waiting to hear from USC, but ND emailed me back and let me know that I wasn't included in their first round of offers and to anticipate a final decision by mid-April. I assumed I would be outright rejected, as I did not receive an interview...

I know that USC has already admitted their initial round of students (both critical and creative). However, I suppose there may still be room for movement from either official or unofficial waitlists.

On 3/6/2024 at 1:00 PM, thea said:

Please forgive my ignorace, but assuming ND is Notre Dame? Again, sorry - new to the forum. I'm still waiting on Notre Dame and PENN. I wasn't interviewed either and am also just assuming outright rejection. 

43 minutes ago, CAstn1973 said:

Please forgive my ignorace, but assuming ND is Notre Dame? Again, sorry - new to the forum. I'm still waiting on Notre Dame and PENN. I wasn't interviewed either and am also just assuming outright rejection. 

Yes, Notre Dame

On 3/4/2024 at 6:54 PM, champagnepeepee21 said:

Has anyone heard from UBC English (PhD program)? I’m getting more and more nervous with each passing day 🥲

Hi, I finally heard back on Tue Mar 5th, three weeks after the first rounds of offer went out and when I almost gave up.

As far as I know, they are still sending few more offers (probably for unofficially waitlisted people). One of the current PhD students there told me they received their offer after Mar 18. Keep your hopes. There is still a chance.

Edited by Seiran029
more info.

Since there is very little info on Canadian unis, sharing my experience for this year.

The deadlines were all early/mid jan (a few remained open till 31st/ Feb 1st). Offers began mid Feb and still going on for many. Seems for Canadian unis there is still hope up until early April. 

My background: International student, MA from Canada (expected to end this term). Applied to 5 programs.

• McGill: Unofficially rejected on Feb 19th, emailed them to enquire and they replied back. Official rejection came yesterday Mar 7th.
  • UBC Okanagan Interdisciplinary PhD program (Global Studies): Rejected through portal Feb 28.
  • Toronto: Unofficially rejected, emailed then and they replied back with this: "as of Tuesday, March 5, I can confirm that everyone who was successful or waitlisted for any of our graduate programs have now been contacted. Those who were not offered are now being contacted this and next week."
  • UBC: Accepted, offer through email on Mar 5th.
  • Alberta: Still no news, but I heard they always send after mid Mar.

I can finally breath now with my first offer, coming after 3 rejections. Wishing luck for everyone waiting.

1 hour ago, Seiran029 said:

Since there is very little info on Canadian unis, sharing my experience for this year.

The deadlines were all early/mid jan (a few remained open till 31st/ Feb 1st). Offers began mid Feb and still going on for many. Seems for Canadian unis there is still hope up until early April. 

Thank you for sharing this! I applied to McGill and Concordia. Finally got McGill rejection yesterday. Who knows when Concordia will release. Some of these unofficial notifications are brutal. Also confused why those not accepted or waitlisted (thus, rejected) receive news in waves?? 

9 hours ago, Seiran029 said:

My background: International student, MA from Canada (expected to end this term). Applied to 5 programs.

• McGill: Unofficially rejected on Feb 19th, emailed them to enquire and they replied back. Official rejection came yesterday Mar 7th.
  • UBC Okanagan Interdisciplinary PhD program (Global Studies): Rejected through portal Feb 28.
  • Toronto: Unofficially rejected, emailed then and they replied back with this: "as of Tuesday, March 5, I can confirm that everyone who was successful or waitlisted for any of our graduate programs have now been contacted. Those who were not offered are now being contacted this and next week."
  • UBC: Accepted, offer through email on Mar 5th.
  • Alberta: Still no news, but I heard they always send after mid Mar.

I can finally breath now with my first offer, coming after 3 rejections. Wishing luck for everyone waiting.

Thank you so much for sharing this helpful information! And congrats on your acceptance at UBC :D 

I'm thinking of turning in an early acceptance. Technically UVA and Rutgers might be considered better programs than ND if I were to get in at the last minute, but idk if the difference would be worth waiting another month, or passing up on a program that I feel very comfortable with for one that might have a different vibe. It's also nice to know I'm really wanted somewhere as opposed to the bottom of a waitlist... 

47 minutes ago, FinneyFinn said:

For my fellow USC applicants: I contacted the university on the 27th and got an email saying they're planning to release results "within two weeks." That means that (hopefully) today is the day! 

Thanks for the update! USC hasn't returned my email yet. Do you know if that possibly includes additional acceptances/waitlists? 

1 hour ago, ©har1ie said:

I'm thinking of turning in an early acceptance. Technically UVA and Rutgers might be considered better programs than ND if I were to get in at the last minute, but idk if the difference would be worth waiting another month, or passing up on a program that I feel very comfortable with for one that might have a different vibe. It's also nice to know I'm really wanted somewhere as opposed to the bottom of a waitlist... 

Is it binding, like EA in undergrad? Or if you ended up getting in and changing your mind on programs, would the only thing you’d lose be the deposit? ND is still a really nice school, nothing to be upset about.

1 hour ago, ©har1ie said:

I get that. While there's not much to lose by waiting longer, it could be worth just calling it for those reasons. OTOH, I wouldn't commit too early unless I were 100% sure about my choice.

I'm already worrying about the decision that I might get to make (while simultaneously fretting over my chances of getting off any waitlist). UNC and Minnesota have been incredibly warm and welcoming by inviting me to their visit days, reaching out, etc. Indiana has been very quiet, especially in comparison to the other two. I loved their program, but my heart is being stolen by all of the sweet courting of the other departments.

On 3/12/2024 at 3:12 PM, ©har1ie said:

I actually accepted my offer from ND about a week after they extended it, so I understand this urge. That being said, I knew at that time ND was the best choice for me. Happy to chat if you'd like!

Edited by hiccup703

Has anyone heard back from Notre Dame or Emory? I am getting a bit antsy! I reached out to Emory and they said my application is still active, have not reached out to Notre Dame yet.