6 hours ago, koipond said:

Is Brown sending acceptance notifications in waves? Saw some people get phone calls on the weekend and one person get an email this week? But no portal updates 

I applied last year and got my rejection about a week after the first wave, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they are. Good luck!

What's the consensus around sending letters of continued interest to programs we're waitlisted at? There is already a place in the application portal for me to indicate that I'd like to remain on the waitlist. Is it generally recommended to follow up with a letter, or is that overkill? I don't really have any updates for the program, and I'm still waiting to hear back from quite a few other programs. 

anybody else get an email from ucla english dept. telling you to save dates in March for prospective grad student welcome but they can't "confirm decisions just yet"? Doesn't seem like a mass email. Is this a subtle hint? Why play games like this? 

Saw some Boston U rejections go out, but radio silence on my end w/ no update on the website…hoping that means something good since it looks like WLs and acdeptances came out after rejections last year (w me being rejected among them lol)….

Also, I was told by a professor that after around a month after you are waitlisted, a letter of continued interest is appropriate! I’m not sure what the consensus is for it.

8 minutes ago, bluemojav said:

Also, I was told by a professor that after around a month after you are waitlisted, a letter of continued interest is appropriate! I’m not sure what the consensus is for it.

Thanks for the tip! I was waitlisted mid-January, so I think I'll send a follow-up email by end of next week. 

19 hours ago, thea said:

Thanks for the tip! I was waitlisted mid-January, so I think I'll send a follow-up email by end of next week. 

I sent an email of continued interest + an updated CV to the Director of Graduate Studies immediately after being waitlisted at my top choice. She forwarded it to the Director of Admissions for the program. I also contacted the POIs I had previously spoken with to let them know. But the waitlist letter I had said "feel free" to contact your program. Fingers crossed!

8 hours ago, ©har1ie said:

As a recent MA grad I’m also open to answering UGA questions if needed 🙂 Congrats.

You'll have much better intel than I did, I'm sure! I graduated from UGA six years ago, and I squeezed an English major into my last year (after I realized that I really really didn't want to be a number cruncher my whole life).

7 hours ago, sheherazade11 said:

Thank you!

And you're in at Utah, I see! More congratulations are due!!! If you were considering the program, I could answer questions about the city/living environment. 

I just got my third waitlist decision this morning: I don't even know what to think anymore. I guess my application screams "great, but not great enough"!

At least I'm slowly growing a bit of hope, as the probability of getting at least one acceptance increases bit by bit. 

Edited by leguinian22

2 hours ago, leguinian22 said:

I just got my third waitlist decision this morning: I don't even know what to think anymore. I guess my application screams "great, but not great enough"!

At least I'm slowly growing a bit of hope, as the probability of getting at least one acceptance increases bit by bit. 

Felt deeply. In particular, I feel like I screwed myself by being too honest in the alternative (but required, where I submitted it) statement of personal history. Of course, there are many factors involved, but maybe just maybe I am able to salvage this cycle and get one more acceptance so I have options.

Edited by voiceofunreason
Mistaken articulation.

Hi, 

Anybody heard back from McGill, Alberta, Toronto, and UBC English PhD programs?

I know Canadian unis had way later deadline, and probably the results will be slightly later than US ones, but the anxiety is killing me.

7 hours ago, FinneyFinn said:

Seeing the NYU responses roll in, crossing my fingers that I get a response soon. Any idea if it’s a rolling admissions basis?

Same… is anyone else who interviewed with them still waiting to hear from them??

10 hours ago, Seiran029 said:

Hi, 

Anybody heard back from McGill, Alberta, Toronto, and UBC English PhD programs?

I know Canadian unis had way later deadline, and probably the results will be slightly later than US ones, but the anxiety is killing me.

No news from McGill or Concordia for me. I saw results in years past coming out in late February so hoping it'll come soon.

5 minutes ago, ©har1ie said:

I was one of the Notre Dame admits from yesterday. I'm ecstatic, not just because it's my first acceptance. I really enjoyed visiting the campus during their recruitment event, I love the fit for me. It's nice to have something concrete. 

YES!! Enormous congratulations!!! That's a huge acceptance, especially since you already know it's a great fit from the visit.

I got my first acceptance, to Utah (hey @sheherazade11, once again!), and it Is a huge relief. I'll still be waiting anxiously for the waitlist results and news from other schools, but I'll definitely be going somewhere in the fall!!! 

5 hours ago, dys1924 said:

Does anyone have any insight on Berkeley's admissions process? Two acceptances on GradCafe — wondering if I should give up hope?

Yeah same, sigh. I was really looking forward to hearing from Berkeley