SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

I received 4 emails from her as well. The first was an incorrect one with about 60 people attached, then a recalled one, then the blind one, and then the correction about the time. It might just be that by the time she got to yours, she got it right haha.

Hmm...mine was all blind (I can't see any recipients) and I only received the incorrect email, not the correction. Maybe I should take that as a bad sign?

My friend who also replied to Vanderbilt received 4 emails from Penny Welch in 10 minutes. It was bizarre.

For everyone who have an interview at the University of Tennessee Knoxville, what are your stats? Also did CSDCAS mail your application? Mine still says not mailed.I do not think it is looking to good for me there. Thanks!

For everyone who have an interview at the University of Tennessee Knoxville, what are your stats? Also did CSDCAS mail your application? Mine still says not mailed.I do not think it is looking to good for me there. Thanks!

Hey! I have a 3.81 GPA and I got a 1040 on the GRE (still disappointed ab my GRE score lol). I also have research and volunteer experience. And CSDCAS did mail my application. Are you doing your interview in person or on the phone?

Just got a call from the department chair of MGH-IHP telling me I'm in! Very cool!

Congrats, thats awesome!! Did they say anything about receiving an e-mail or postal letter?

I haven't heard anything yet... hoping they are still making calls throughout the day

Congrats, thats awesome!! Did they say anything about receiving an e-mail or postal letter?

I haven't heard anything yet... hoping they are still making calls throughout the day

Thanks! He said the letters would be coming in the mail. There will be one letter with the letter, and another with an invitation to an accepted student event.

Hello SLP hopefuls and admits. I am new to this site, so to answer the initial post questions...

I applied to UMD, College Park, Towson University, Loyola, GWU, and Gallaudet. I have a fiance, 6 dogs, and own a house in maryland, so I only applied to schools in my area.

The good thing is that I got accepted to Towson at the end of January. I didn't realize how darn competitive getting into SLP programs was until this site...so I am just happy I got in somewhere! Plus there are lots of good things about the school.

I got waitlisted at UMD, which was a bummer...because I don't think I will have a chance to get in from the waitlist. I haven't heard back from GWU, Loyola, or Gallaudet yet.

Sometimes I hope that I won't get any additional acceptances because I would have a hard time choosing which school to go to. I visited all schools but Gallaudet and liked them all...If anyone has any feedback they would like to share in regards to any of the 5 schools I applied to, PLEASE DO!!!!

Goodluck to you all ;)

Waitlisted at GWU. Bleh.

Thank you for your application to the Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences at The George Washington University. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our program. We were extremely impressed with your qualifications.

Based on the strengths of your application, you have been placed on a hold list for individuals interested in occupying available openings within in the next few months.

If there is any additional information that you wish the admissions committee to review, I encourage you to send it me at the below contact information and I’ll happily add it to your application. Additionally, you’ll be receiving future email correspondence inquiring about your interest in remaining on our hold list and I encourage you to respond if you would like to do so.

Again, thank you for taking the time to apply to our program and the admissions committee wishes you all the best in the coming months.

Hey TayFray and anyone else who heard from GWU, do you mind sharing your stats? I haven't heard anything from GWU yet and I am getting a bit worried. I had several unfortunate communication/ technical issues with my application and since GWU has rolling admission, I feel like it's going to penalize me.

Goodluck on the hold list!

Sigh. I'm getting kinda depressed reading all the Northwestern acceptances on the results page. My status page still has no 'view decision' link. This doesn't stop me from checking every hour or so...

Grats to everyone who got in! I really hope to be joining you...!

Sigh. I'm getting kinda depressed reading all the Northwestern acceptances on the results page. My status page still has no 'view decision' link. This doesn't stop me from checking every hour or so...

Nothing for me either. You're not alone!

Don't lose hope! That's exactly how I felt when I was waiting to hear from UNC...checking my phone nonstop for 3 days because all the acceptances were getting calls. As my dad told me, "Sometimes they save the best for last"! (not to diminish anyone else's accomplishments...everyone here is awesome :) ) Good luck!

Edited by mscongeniality1

Hey everyone

Definitely sick of waiting. This is my third time applying to SLP programs. Yes, the third time. I really hope I get in somewhere this time! I'm applying to:

Rush

MGH

NYU

TC

Towson

Nebraska-Lincoln

San Francisco State

San Diego State

CSU Northridge

San Jose State

You should get points based on your persistence! Incredible. You obviously really want it, so you will get it! I have only had one acceptance, Towson, so Let me know if you get in! Goodluck!

You should get points based on your persistence! Incredible. You obviously really want it, so you will get it! I have only had one acceptance, Towson, so Let me know if you get in! Goodluck!

I agree. It's also my 2nd year applying for schools. It finally paid off. You will get in one of those schools, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I'm applying only to west coast schools (UW, PSU, UO, SFSU, SJSU, SDSU) and almost all of them had February 1st deadlines, so I'm behind most of you in the acceptance process.

I just found out I was wait-listed at UW (I applied to both the Core and Med programs). Was anyone else placed on the wait list? I'm curious as to how many people are accepted and how many are put on the wait list, because the letter made it sound like there was a good chance I might get called. Anyone have info or care to speculate? :)

Also, did anyone else apply to University of Oregon? Since pretty much the entire application was offline, I'm assuming they're going to contact us via snail mail. Even though checking websites every 30 seconds is aggravating, NOT having a site to check is worse!

Good luck to everyone and congrats to those of you who've already been accepted!

I'm applying only to west coast schools (UW, PSU, UO, SFSU, SJSU, SDSU) and almost all of them had February 1st deadlines, so I'm behind most of you in the acceptance process.

I just found out I was wait-listed at UW (I applied to both the Core and Med programs). Was anyone else placed on the wait list? I'm curious as to how many people are accepted and how many are put on the wait list, because the letter made it sound like there was a good chance I might get called. Anyone have info or care to speculate? :)

Also, did anyone else apply to University of Oregon? Since pretty much the entire application was offline, I'm assuming they're going to contact us via snail mail. Even though checking websites every 30 seconds is aggravating, NOT having a site to check is worse!

Good luck to everyone and congrats to those of you who've already been accepted!

My inside sources tell me that you're not going to hear back from UO until at least the middle of the month. Since UO is on a 3 term system rather than semesters, the end of the term is in mid-March, and they don't like to release the decisions until after finals. PSU will probably be at about the same time.

I just received a snail mail that I got into EMERSON! Life is good right now! rolleyes.gif

Has anyone received word from Bloomsburg????

I also got rejected from UMass Amherst two days ago via email.

Haven't heard anything from Bloomsburg! Hopefully soon.

Hey! I have a 3.81 GPA and I got a 1040 on the GRE (still disappointed ab my GRE score lol). I also have research and volunteer experience. And CSDCAS did mail my application. Are you doing your interview in person or on the phone?

Thanks for posting. I do not have an interview yet, which is probably not a good sign. My csdcas app still says not mailed, so I emailed to figure it out. Congrats on the interview!

Edited by slp24

Got into University of Missouri AND have been selected to receive an assistanceship! Very excited but this makes my decision making so complicated...what do you do when you have to choose between money and your dream school?! I will just enjoy the accomplishment for now and worry later, I guess.