SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

Hi, I just logged onto my Emerson account today and saw the newly added "Admissions decision" tab. I know Emerson does a type of rolling admissions, so I was wondering if this tab was added to everyone's application or just mine, meaning that my decision is coming soon. The tab says that admissions decisions are available online seven or less days after the decision has been made and submitted to the graduate school. It's such a minor thing to be wondering about this tab, but I'm like everyone else on here trying to sit patiently while dying internally to hear results. Good luck to everyone!

ahhhhhhhhhh, I have that tab too, except when I open link, I get " an admission decision is not available at this time". The wait is killing me!

You all have been super helpful with all my neurotic stressball-ness, I am consulting the SLP hivemind once more:

As I posted yesterday, I have an interview for Loyola's foundation program on the 18th of this month. I am excited--except that I live in Southern California and a flight out to Maryland is over 700 hundred dollars, which is just slightly less than what I make in a month. The interviews are only about 20 minutes long and it seems like a lot of money to spend for a short amount of time and without guaranteed admission.

However, I did e-mail and ask if they would consider a phone/Skype interview. They said that, due to the large volume of candidates, they are not granting phone interviews. I don't want to jeopardize my chances, but as I stated above, that is a LOT of money to be spending, not to mention that I have no guarantee of getting in.

Help?

Has anyone heard anything from Vanderbilt?

Nope, still waiting. Hoping they'll say something by the end of this week or the middle of next week.

Hey Purdue applicants, I'm pretty sure decisions went out today. Good luck to everyone who applied!

ahhhhhhhhhh, I have that tab too, except when I open link, I get " an admission decision is not available at this time". The wait is killing me!

Ahh, I just looked. Now, instead checking 300 times a day, I'll be checking roughly around 700. Thanks, bahaha.

You all have been super helpful with all my neurotic stressball-ness, I am consulting the SLP hivemind once more:

As I posted yesterday, I have an interview for Loyola's foundation program on the 18th of this month. I am excited--except that I live in Southern California and a flight out to Maryland is over 700 hundred dollars, which is just slightly less than what I make in a month. The interviews are only about 20 minutes long and it seems like a lot of money to spend for a short amount of time and without guaranteed admission.

However, I did e-mail and ask if they would consider a phone/Skype interview. They said that, due to the large volume of candidates, they are not granting phone interviews. I don't want to jeopardize my chances, but as I stated above, that is a LOT of money to be spending, not to mention that I have no guarantee of getting in.

Help?

Personally, that would turn me off hard-core toward that school (surely you can't be the only applicant flying across the nation to be interviewing for that program), but I do understand that they can't make individual accommodations for every applicant.

My suggestion would be to maybe try and get a lot done on that trip (make other school visits on the East Coast, do a tour at Loyola, see family out there if you have them) so it isn't like you're just blowing $700 on 20 minutes. Good luck with whatever you decide to do! Definitely not an easy situation :(

Ditto! Someone just posted on the results page that they got in and found out by clicking on the"submit your enrollment deposit" link. Does anyone know where in the world is this link??

Ditto! Someone just posted on the results page that they got in and found out by clicking on the"submit your enrollment deposit" link. Does anyone know where in the world is this link??

I saw that too. I don't think it exists unless you've been accepted? I can't find it, either, and from other information on the website, it appears as though that is only available to accepted students who wish to confirm their admittance.

Not sure if that makes sense, sorry, it made more sense in my head.

Help?

How many people are they interviewing?! I find this quite unreasonable that they would not grant you a phone/skype interview. I'm not sure what more you would gain by showing up in person, in terms of interview quality. If I were in your shoes, I'd re-evaluate the program/school/location etc., to see if it would really be worth it to you to spend the $700. Have you heard from other schools? Did you apply to other schools? What do you think your chances are like with other schools? Thinking about all of those types of questions may help you decide if it is worth it or not. Like the previous poster mentioned, if you have applied to schools near the area, maybe you can kill multiple birds with one stone and visit those locations. This is a rough spot to be in, so I feel for you!

I have the link. Is that a good sign? OMG.

"To confirm your enrollment, a $200 Enrollment Deposit is required. Submit online by Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or electronic check."

I hate waiting too! I'm home for Spring Break and driving my boyfriend and family crazy with my obsessiveness over hearing something. I hope we hear soon. Good luck!

I applied to University of Tennessee. I have a 3.3 GPA and 1020 GRE. I also was able to have an extension on the deadline to mid Feb., so it may be a while until interview decisions are made... I hate waiting!

I have the link. Is that a good sign? OMG.

"To confirm your enrollment, a $200 Enrollment Deposit is required. Submit online by Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or electronic check."

Oh, holy crap, I'M IN!!!! :D (I think. When I click the link it says, "congratulations, you're in.")

Edited by tayfray

My 'submit enrollment deposit' tab is right underneath the 'admissions decision' tab, I scrolled down- didn't see it at first.

Hmmm, that definitely isn't below my admission decision tab...Hope that doesn't imply a rejection!

Hmmm, that definitely isn't below my admission decision tab...Hope that doesn't imply a rejection!

I wouldn't be discouraged by that, I know Emerson sends out decisions in several rounds, this is just the first round. Good luck!

Oh, holy crap, I'M IN!!!! :D (I think. When I click the link it says, "congratulations, you're in.")

If it actually says word for word 'congratulations, you're in' that is a pretty hilarious statement! hahah

That is what they should all say. Cut the paragraphs of 'thank you for considering our program blah blah blah' and just get straight to the good stuff 'YOU'RE IN!' ;)

Edited by squaresquared

If it actually says word for word 'congratulations, you're in' that is a pretty hilarious statement! hahah

That is what they should all say. Cut the paragraphs of 'thank you for considering our program blah blah blah' and just get straight to the good stuff 'YOU'RE IN!' ;)

Well, the weird thing is that it's under the "enrollment deposit link." There's an admissions decision link that also appeared today, but it says decision isn't available yet. So I don't want to celebrate too much, just in case.

It says,

Congratulations [my name], you're in! What's next?

1) Celebrate

2) Confirm you intentions to enroll [and then it's just technical stuff about submitting the deposit and health records, etc.]

4 rejects in one day. I'm seriously shot. I have experience.. a 3.5 in the major and overall, and over 1000 on gre. omg. waiting on three more. also coming up with a backup plan

Where did you apply if you don't mind me asking??