SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

Just got an email about scheduling an interview with the University of Tennessee-Knoxville! Very excited and very nervous! What should I expect and how should I prepare? This is my first grad school interview.

Did anyone else get a weird email from Vanderbilt? It pretty much says that letters will be sent out "no later than Thursday, March 7, 2011." What is up with this date? I feel like I'm going crazy!

EDIT: just got an email correcting the date. Letters will be mailed March 10th. Good luck to everyone!!!

Edited by slpundergrad

I got that too. I'm inclined to think it's a good sign. The email was supposed to be blind, but wasn't, so I counted 60 recipients. That falls in line with admissions practices of some schools to accept about double the applicants they expect to enroll, so 60 accepted for a class of about 30. Otherwise, why wouldn't we be on a declined list with 300+ other recepients?

Also, she said mail will go out no later than 3/10 you should contact her by email if you haven't heard by 3/11. I'm thinking this is likely to notify everyone quickly so that we can start arranging campus visits, which she said start 3/18. I could be really fishing here, or completely wrong, but I don't think so.

This is pretty much what I was thinking. I am really confused if the letters are going out on the 10th, how are we supposed to magically have them by the 11th? After all of this I'm going to be crushed if it is a rejeciton!

This is pretty much what I was thinking. I am really confused if the letters are going out on the 10th, how are we supposed to magically have them by the 11th? After all of this I'm going to be crushed if it is a rejeciton!

Does anyone know how many people are usually accepted for the program every year?

I don't think I'd jump to that conclusion yet, by any means. Mine also lists all recipients, and it looks like they're just sorted alphabetically by last name, at least from what it seems like in mine.

I don't think I'd jump to that conclusion yet, by any means. Mine also lists all recipients, and it looks like they're just sorted alphabetically by last name, at least from what it seems like in mine.

Do you think the email was sent to all applicants - just in segments so that each list of names could fit in each email??

Acceptance to Northwestern as well :) today is turning out to be a great day!!

It seems like a lot of schools sent out letters today! Still waiting on the Boston schools... (Mgh/BU)

I think so. When I received mine (which I prematurely thought was an acceptance because they used the word "delightful"), all of the addresses were for letters g-i i believe.

Do you think the email was sent to all applicants - just in segments so that each list of names could fit in each email??

Acceptance to Northwestern as well :) today is turning out to be a great day!!

It seems like a lot of schools sent out letters today! Still waiting on the Boston schools... (Mgh/BU)

I haven't gotten anything on my Northwestern status page yet, and I'm going crazy waiting!

Grats on your acceptance!

If you wouldn't mind sharing stats, I'd appreciate it!

I think so. When I received mine (which I prematurely thought was an acceptance because they used the word "delightful"), all of the addresses were for letters g-i i believe.

Hmm...mine was all blind (I can't see any recipients) and I only received the incorrect email, not the correction. Maybe I should take that as a bad sign?

My friend who also replied to Vanderbilt received 4 emails from Penny Welch in 10 minutes. It was bizarre.

If anyone applied to University of Arizona and Vanderbilt- admissions at both schools told me letters will be arriving by next week. :)

How did you receive your acceptance from UW-Madison?

And Congrats!!!

I haven't gotten anything on my Northwestern status page yet, and I'm going crazy waiting!

Grats on your acceptance!

If you wouldn't mind sharing stats, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks! Double major (3.84 overall, 4.0 in both majors), 1350 GRE, lots of volunteer/research experience

good luck!!

Hmm...mine was all blind (I can't see any recipients) and I only received the incorrect email, not the correction. Maybe I should take that as a bad sign?

My friend who also replied to Vanderbilt received 4 emails from Penny Welch in 10 minutes. It was bizarre.

My roommate also only received one email. Her last name is in the s-z range. I also had 4 emails from Penny in 10 minutes, but my last name starts with A...I think the whole thing is probably just the fluke. It doesn't seem like they've separated accepted from rejected in their listserv yet.

My roommate also only received one email. Her last name is in the s-z range. I also had 4 emails from Penny in 10 minutes, but my last name starts with A...I think the whole thing is probably just the fluke. It doesn't seem like they've separated accepted from rejected in their listserv yet.

Ah, yes, that seems consistent, since I have an S last name. My friend with the 4 emails has a P last name. I think I'm just being silly and reading into it way too much!