MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2024

jmcinn97

12 hours ago, MSWtimeeee said:

For UofT Advanced Standing program does anyone know when they do second wave of admissions?

And does anyone know when York sends out their admissions for Advanced Standing.

For York, from previous comments, somebody called them and the office said March. 

1 hour ago, AliceK said:

For York, from previous comments, somebody called them and the office said March. 

Thank you very much! honestly i am feeling bummed out that I got waitlisted from UofT so i am desperate to hear something back from York

Hello everyone thought I'd share my Admission Status, all are advanced standing.

UofT, full-time (Social Justice & Diversity, Human Services Management & Leadership) - Waitlisted

Toronto Metropolitan University, full-time - Accepted

York University - Decision Pending

10 minutes ago, lui1234 said:

Hello everyone thought I'd share my Admission Status, all are advanced standing.

UofT, full-time (Social Justice & Diversity, Human Services Management & Leadership) - Waitlisted

When did you hear back from TMU? 

Just got accepted into the part-time program at UWaterloo! I logged on to Quest and my status changed to ’Admit,’ conditional of sending proof of completion of my BSW degree and my official transcript.

Not sure if an email will also be on the way. Perhaps other part-time students will start hearing back?

Edited by msw1910

20 minutes ago, bookworm247 said:

When did you hear back from TMU? 

Hey!

I got a call from admissions today around 1pm. They said the official email would arrive in the next couple of days. 

Edited by lui1234

On 2/27/2024 at 4:57 PM, swhopeful444 said:

Can anyone provide insight into the rate of acceptance for the BSW program at Carleton? My MSW application was declined and I have requested for my application to be reviewed for BSW entry.

Also, anyone hear from WLU for 2 year MSW?

I applied for advanced standing and still waiting to hear from WLU.

1 hour ago, msw1910 said:

Just got accepted into the part-time program at UWaterloo! I logged on to Quest and my status changed to ’Admit,’ conditional of sending proof of completion of my BSW degree and my official transcript.

Not sure if an email will also be on the way. Perhaps other part-time students will start hearing back?

Congrats! I was accepted to their full-time program! Did you accept? 

3 hours ago, lui1234 said:

I too got accepted to TMU and waitlisted at UofT. I also got accepted to Waterloo and am waiting for Windsor's WP decision. 

Did you have a first choice/preference? Mine was UofT and while I am grateful for the other acceptances, I'm also disheartened by being waitlisted by my first choice. 

I'm very happy for those who got into the program but I also noticed I have very similar stats to them. It's too bad the school doesn't give any feedback. :( 

On 2/27/2024 at 4:29 PM, sf291991 said:

Admission update for me:

UofT - part-time - ACCEPTED

Dalhousie - part time - ACCEPTED

U of Waterloo - No decision made yet

Admission update for me:

UofT - part-time - ACCEPTED

Dalhousie - part time - ACCEPTED

U of Waterloo - part time- ACCEPTED

I checked Quest after 6pm and saw the update.

1 hour ago, tmce94 said:

I too got accepted to TMU and waitlisted at UofT. I also got accepted to Waterloo and am waiting for Windsor's WP decision. 

Did you have a first choice/preference? Mine was UofT and while I am grateful for the other acceptances, I'm also disheartened by being waitlisted by my first choice. 

I'm very happy for those who got into the program but I also noticed I have very similar stats to them. It's too bad the school doesn't give any feedback. :( 

Hey. 

UofT was my top choice as it has streams, and yes I agree I had some similar stats which is disheartening but it gave me hope as this means my application was very promising.  

While that was my first choice I think all the programs have pros & cons, currenlty trying to mostly focus on the pros of TMU rn. 

Best of luck on your Windsor application.

24 minutes ago, MSWtimeeee said:

Hey for people that got into UofT Advance Standing Program can you share when you need to make a finalized decision by, just want to know when they will start looking at the waitlist.

you are required to accept or decline your offer 4 weeks after receiving your letter (that's what mine says) and deposit is due june 1.

Edited by paulinababy

6 hours ago, tooturntmacaroon said:

Congrats! I was accepted to their full-time program! Did you accept? 

Thank you! Congrats to you as well. I am still debating as I have not heard back from UVic or McGill. I will most likely accept U of T, but the online nature of Waterloo is flexible so I can work as an RSW while in school. So many things to think about 😅 Did you accept?

Edited by msw1910

13 hours ago, msw1910 said:

Thank you! Congrats to you as well. I am still debating as I have not heard back from UVic or McGill. I will most likely accept U of T, but the online nature of Waterloo is flexible so I can work as an RSW while in school. So many things to think about 😅 Did you accept?

I accepted! It’ll be my 8th year of university so I rather just have something flexible at this point🤣

Logged into Waterloo Quest where I am waitlisted and noticed that they adjusted my GAP. I attend Laurentian University in MSW:

Self-declared: 99

Department-Adjusted: 89

I had no idea that GPA is weighted differently between Universities. I know Waterloo's Engineer dept does this for highschools...but where can I find the adjustment factors for universities for BSW? 

Has anyone heard from Windsor MSWwp yet? I know it only closed on Friday, but I've had an "in progress" status since January 9th. Anxiously awaiting!

Edited by ridgerr

4 hours ago, ridgerr said:

Has anyone heard from Windsor MSWwp yet? I know it only closed on Friday, but I've had an "in progress" status since January 9th. Anxiously awaiting!

They will not be posting decisions until April. I was told that they got hundreds of applications this time around. 

Anyone know how many applicants UofT had this year? Or specifically how many non-bsw applicants? I think I've read that they accept around 145 people each year but idk how accurate that is.

19 hours ago, canadiandmbfan said:

They will not be posting decisions until April. I was told that they got hundreds of applications this time around. 

Okay thank you for the information.