MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2024

jmcinn97

I have received the UofT MSW email too, waitlisted. Congratulation to those that have been accepted! For those waitlisted, I shall see more of you here ;) Don't forget to respond to accept your waitlist status!

58 minutes ago, Hifriends12345 said:

My application status changed on York today to "admitted" for the 1 year MSW program! 

Congratulations!! Would you mind sharing the letter of your last name? Mine still says decision pending, but hopefully there's an update end of this week

14 hours ago, BingBongBingBong said:

Hey there,

When you login to ACORN, it's one of the first things that you see. I guess that's the dashboard/homepage and there you should see "invited" under academics and a $500 deposit under finances.

Thank you for letting me know :) I wasn't selected... just waitlist. I hope I will be updated later on..

8 minutes ago, tiaax said:

I am going insane waiting for Laurier to put out acceptances, why do they take so long??

I have no idea, but in my experience, they are true to what they indicate on their website in terms of when applicants are notified. I applied for Winter 2023 admission (the submission deadline was May 1st, 2022), and I was not notified until September 15, 2022, that I was waitlisted.  They are always the last to notify. 

9 hours ago, canadiandmbfan said:

I have no idea, but in my experience, they are true to what they indicate on their website in terms of when applicants are notified. I applied for Winter 2023 admission (the submission deadline was May 1st, 2022), and I was not notified until September 15, 2022, that I was waitlisted.  They are always the last to notify. 

It says end of March so hopefully that is true, I feel for the streams that say end of April/May. 

12 hours ago, jollyjellyfish said:

Did people get rejected from uoft? I've only seen acceptances and waitlists. Im just trying to figure out if I should be okay with being waitlisted or does everyone who doesn't get accepted get waitlisted? 

Wondering the same? 

Has anyone here also applied to psychotherapy/ counselling programs? 
I applied to UofT’s MEd in Counselling Psychotherapy and Martin Luther University College’s psychotherapy program as well as a bunch of MSWs, anyone in a similar boat? I was accepted into the Luther program but haven’t heard anything from UofT yet 

29 minutes ago, BingBongBingBong said:

UofT MSW accepted folk. How do you see the stream you got into? 😎

For advanced standing I believe it’s indicated in the official acceptance letter uploaded to SGS. For 2-year you don’t choose until Jan I believe :)

1 hour ago, SocialWGirl said:

For advanced standing I believe it’s indicated in the official acceptance letter uploaded to SGS. For 2-year you don’t choose until Jan I believe :)

Thank you so much! Here I was looking everywhere on acorn.

Are you in the two year as well?