SSHRC CGS-D & Doctoral Fellowships 2024-2025

thejorts

6 minutes ago, Gretta Conroy said:

That's weird that people didn't receive the email. I did not contact SSHRC directly at all. The email is an official one from "Z-Fellowships'. 

Maybe they are also sending that alphabetically 🤣

17 minutes ago, chicha3maddy said:

I'm sorry but this is just... so silly 😂 Can they not do the required work on the portal so half of applicants don't have to wait an extra day based on their names? 

Literally, I feel discriminated against 🫠 so frustrating! After all this waiting just to be told "sorry, we're going to be late because you happen to come too far back in the alphabet and we can't be arsed to fix our systems". Jeez.

3 minutes ago, Gretta Conroy said:

Lol my name is in the latter half of the alphabet though! (Gretta Conroy is a Joyce character, not my actual name, haha)

Well I’m B and I haven’t even got an email mentioning they’re sending alphabetically 😅

1 minute ago, JB9797 said:

Well I’m B and I haven’t even got an email mentioning they’re sending alphabetically 😅

I wonder if they only sent that email to the second-half people. I am also in the first half and haven't received an email yet. 

What should we do if we haven't received the email yet? Has anyone encountered this in previous years?

Is it possible they're sending out the email invites by committee? Has anyone in committees 4 or 5 received the email?

Just received the email (I’m in latter half of alphabet) 

The SSHRC Doctoral programs results for Competition Year 2024 will soon be made available. The results will be shared with applicants through the Extranet on April 30th and May 1st. Results are being released alphabetically by surname over two days (A-K on April 30th and L-Z on May 1st) to avoid technical issues.”

1 minute ago, LeahH said:

I wonder if they only sent that email to the second-half people. I am also in the first half and haven't received an email yet. 

2 minutes ago, LeahH said:

1 minute ago, phdpanicking said:

What should we do if we haven't received the email yet? Has anyone encountered this in previous

1 minute ago, phdpanicking said:

What should we do if we haven't received the email yet? Has anyone encountered this in previous years?

Is it possible they're sending out the email invites by committee? Has anyone in committees 4 or 5 received the email?

years?

5 hours ago, lyonharted07 said:

I truly hope so and that nothing goes wrong like last year. We all just need this to be over. 

3 minutes ago, LeahH said:

I'm B and got the email 15 minutes ago - but about 15mins after the original post about the email... (committee 3)

Just now, prettyhuge said:

Also in latter half of alphabet, committee 5. Just received that same email from Z-Fellowships 10 minutes ago. 

I'm S and committee 1 - it's probably just how quickly their servers are churning out emails, I wouldn't worry about it too much! It may also be folks that have reached out recently, I asked for an update a couple weeks ago. But either way this didn't include extranet log in info.

10 minutes ago, LeahH said:

I am in the first half, F, and I got it.. Committee 2

fucking sick of this wait... 

but in solidarity  I just made this account to report that my last name starts with K and I just received the "we will be releasing results" email 5 minutes ago. Copying text below:
"

Hello, 

The SSHRC Doctoral programs results for Competition Year 2024 will soon be made available. The results will be shared with applicants through the Extranet on April 30th and May 1st. Results are being released alphabetically by surname over two days (A-K on April 30th and L-Z on May 1st) to avoid technical issues.

The three federal granting agencies (CIHR, NSERC, SSHRC) welcome the new investments in Canada's research ecosystem, including the increase of the annual value of master's and doctoral student scholarships, and postdoctoral fellowships. As is the usual process following a Federal Budget announcement, we are awaiting further direction from the government concerning the announced scholarship and fellowship increases.  

We will share more information with awardees and institutions once it becomes available. 

We thank you for your patience. 

"

2 minutes ago, phdpanicking said:

So they are sending out the emails in batches too???????? SSHRC, you have aged me at least 15 years. 

Still nothing on my end.

Don’t worry, I haven’t either. Solidarity in waiting!

4 minutes ago, cantsshrcit said:

fucking sick of this wait... 

but in solidarity  I just made this account to report that my last name starts with K and I just received the "we will be releasing results" email 5 minutes ago. Copying text below:
"

Hello, 

The SSHRC Doctoral programs results for Competition Year 2024 will soon be made available. The results will be shared with applicants through the Extranet on April 30th and May 1st. Results are being released alphabetically by surname over two days (A-K on April 30th and L-Z on May 1st) to avoid technical issues.

The three federal granting agencies (CIHR, NSERC, SSHRC) welcome the new investments in Canada's research ecosystem, including the increase of the annual value of master's and doctoral student scholarships, and postdoctoral fellowships. As is the usual process following a Federal Budget announcement, we are awaiting further direction from the government concerning the announced scholarship and fellowship increases.  

We will share more information with awardees and institutions once it becomes available. 

We thank you for your patience. 

"

They are mostly certainly NOT welcome for my patience.

PS I did just get the email. I think I’m committee 2 or 3? Second half of the alphabet.

Edited by FutureAssyriologist