SSHRC CGS-D & Doctoral Fellowships 2024-2025

thejorts

Just to contribute I'm L (yes right at the &*%#ing cut off) and in committee 2 and got my email about an hour ago but I was out and about so didn't get a chance to log on here.Ā 

1 minute ago, lyonharted07 said:

Just to contribute I'm L (yes right at the &*%#ing cut off) and in committee 2 and got my email about an hour ago but I was out and about so didn't get a chance to log on here.Ā 

just out of interest, do you not have full funding at oxford already? how does the sshrc funding work in this context? will you get both?

Hi everyone!Ā 

This is the first year my institution has forwarded my app to the national competition so I have a couple questions. I received the email about results being made available in batches (alphabetically) today at 3:05 pm EST. My last name is S so I'm in the second groupĀ šŸ« Ā It says that the results will be made available through the Extranet, but I don't have an account to access that yet. I emailed SSHRC a few weeks ago (since I didn't fully understand how the process worked and I thought maybe I'd made an error somewhere in not setting up the correct account to access the extranet). I got this generic reply:Ā "The results of the doctoral awards competition will be sent electronically via the SSHRC extranet. We anticipate that the results will be available by the end of April 2024. You will receive an e-mail with more details in the coming weeks."

Does anyone know if we'll receive instructions on how to set up an account to access the Extranet before the results are made available? I'll simply pass away if the results are posted and I don't have an account to see them... Is anyone else in this boat?

1 minute ago, heather.m said:

Hi everyone!Ā 

This is the first year my institution has forwarded my app to the national competition so I have a couple questions. I received the email about results being made available in batches (alphabetically) today at 3:05 pm EST. My last name is S so I'm in the second groupĀ šŸ« Ā It says that the results will be made available through the Extranet, but I don't have an account to access that yet. I emailed SSHRC a few weeks ago (since I didn't fully understand how the process worked and I thought maybe I'd made an error somewhere in not setting up the correct account to access the extranet). I got this generic reply:Ā "The results of the doctoral awards competition will be sent electronically via the SSHRC extranet. We anticipate that the results will be available by the end of April 2024. You will receive an e-mail with more details in the coming weeks."

Does anyone know if we'll receive instructions on how to set up an account to access the Extranet before the results are made available? I'll simply pass away if the results are posted and I don't have an account to see them... Is anyone else in this boat?

It will all be in one email- email will say that your results are ready and they will give you instructions on how to access them.

2 minutes ago, heather.m said:

SSHRC will send you an email with instructions on how to access the extranet. It'll say something along the lines of: here is your username, click here to set a password.

5 minutes ago, cantsshrcit said:

just out of interest, do you not have full funding at oxford already? how does the sshrc funding work in this context? will you get both?

No I don't. I'm starting at Oxford this fall and don't currently have any funding. However, Oxford is still making funding decision particularly when it comes to college funding so there is still hope. It won't be until June that all funding decisions are made on the Oxford front which is a bit torturous but the academic year there doesn't start until October. I'm not sure what happens if I get both but I this point I'm not feeling lucky enough to get two things. I'm just hoping for one and will cross that bridge if I'm lucky enough to get to it.Ā 

7 minutes ago, ladyphd said:

It will all be in one email- email will say that your results are ready and they will give you instructions on how to access them.

Ā 

5 minutes ago, neverwinter22 said:

SSHRC will send you an email with instructions on how to access the extranet. It'll say something along the lines of: here is your username, click here to set a password.

Thank GOD! Thank you both very much. That's a huge relief (well, as relieved as I can be right now as we painstakingly wait for these f*#$ing results).Ā This is literally my last chance to get a doctoral fellowship since I'm starting my fourth year in September. I just want a crumb of funding. Plz SSHRCĀ šŸ„²

25 minutes ago, lyonharted07 said:

No I don't. I'm starting at Oxford this fall and don't currently have any funding. However, Oxford is still making funding decision particularly when it comes to college funding so there is still hope. It won't be until June that all funding decisions are made on the Oxford front which is a bit torturous but the academic year there doesn't start until October. I'm not sure what happens if I get both but I this point I'm not feeling lucky enough to get two things. I'm just hoping for one and will cross that bridge if I'm lucky enough to get to it.Ā 

Great to see another person who's starting at Oxford this Fall! I'm on the same boat as you, without any funding from Oxford yet. The SSHRC award, especially with the increased amount next year, would really make the degree possible for me. So fingers crossed for both of us!!

5 minutes ago, shsheen said:

Great to see another person who's starting at Oxford this Fall! I'm on the same boat as you, without any funding from Oxford yet. The SSHRC award, especially with the increased amount next year, would really make the degree possible for me. So fingers crossed for both of us!!

Oh that's awesome! What department and college?Ā 

Ā 

And yessss! It's so expensive especially when you factor in exchange rate.

Edited by lyonharted07

Have any decisions started to roll out? I am getting my decision tomorrow but I am trying to figure out how late in the day SSHRC funding decisions will roll out šŸ„² - I miss sleep, lol.Ā 

35 minutes ago, heather.m said:

Ā 

Thank GOD! Thank you both very much. That's a huge relief (well, as relieved as I can be right now as we painstakingly wait for these f*#$ing results).Ā This is literally my last chance to get a doctoral fellowship since I'm starting my fourth year in September. I just want a crumb of funding. Plz SSHRCĀ šŸ„²

Me too! Let's go fourth year SSHRC funding...please?

17 minutes ago, ssnerd said:

Have any decisions started to roll out? I am getting my decision tomorrow but I am trying to figure out how late in the day SSHRC funding decisions will roll out šŸ„² - I miss sleep, lol.Ā 

not sure but I do remember receiving my results at 23:59 last year, so could be a long night! Try to distract yourself :)Ā Occupy a university building or 2Ā :)

10 minutes ago, ssnerd said:

Nothing yet here. My surname starts with an A. But when I received that other email that everyone is receiving regarding when we will hear...my heart dropped to my ankles LOL...I want to know, but gosh the rejection stings šŸ. But there are worse things šŸ˜

6 minutes ago, Fifiloo said:

Nothing yet here. My surname starts with an A. But when I received that other email that everyone is receiving regarding when we will hear...my heart dropped to my ankles LOL...I want to know, but gosh the rejection stings šŸ. But there are worse things šŸ˜

I remember last year I received my notification at 2:00am & then the site crashed. It was so frustrating. Fingers crossed that everyone hears soon! šŸ¤žšŸ¼šŸ˜ŠĀ 

I am curious if anyone knows how the funding is designated in terms of relationship to your years of study. I am trying to figure out if I get funded and I want to finish up when SSHRC funds run out (I am only eligible for 2 years) what that would mean. IE if I get it this year would funding for year one by for 2024 for the calendar year Fall 2023-Spring Summer 2024 the school year?? etc. Like if I found out I was funded for two years tomorrow when would that funding end?

27 minutes ago, lyonharted07 said:

Oh that's awesome! What department and college?Ā 

Ā 

And yessss! It's so expensive especially when you factor in exchange rate.

I'm at the theology & religion department. Still waiting on the College!

It seems like with the increased funding next year, SSHRC awards would just about cover the tuition, so I'm really hoping that it goes well.

6 minutes ago, Mamie27 said:

I am curious if anyone knows how the funding is designated in terms of relationship to your years of study. I am trying to figure out if I get funded and I want to finish up when SSHRC funds run out (I am only eligible for 2 years) what that would mean. IE if I get it this year would funding for year one by for 2024 for the calendar year Fall 2023-Spring Summer 2024 the school year?? etc. Like if I found out I was funded for two years tomorrow when would that funding end?

@Mamie27, you'll have two academic years funded. It would begin in Fall 2024. Year 1 funding - academic year 2024-25, Year 2 funding - academic year 2025-26.Ā  After that, your school might still give you some TA gigs, or you might apply for some course instructor positions, etc.