Application Thread Fall 2024

coy.ote

2 hours ago, wpefwldjsdj said:

Those who posted Yale results- did you receive any emails? I applied as well, but not a single email or status update email.

Yes, I received a call from the grad director and an email regarding the offer on Saturday. 

SELF CARE PAUSE ART HISTORY BESTIES:

Everything is going to be okay.

Everything is going to work out. 

Be open to the possibility that things will turn out better than you'd imagine. 

Yes, a lot is on your plate, but maybe that is just another reason to savor each bite. Commit to finding joy in the process. Your life is busy, but that does not mean it can't be enjoyable. 

One step at a time. You can do it all, just not all at once. 

Remain open and available to change. 

Future you is living your dream. Future you is supported and at peace. Future you is so proud you didn't give up. Future you wonders why you ever worried. Keep going. Keep growing. 

quotes via WE THE URBAN on insta ❤️

Does anyone know what's going on at UPenn? When I interviewed with them they said that decisions would come either last week or this week, but so far it has been crickets on my end. There was one acceptance about a week ago, so I wonder if they sent out all PhD acceptances already and are just waiting to evaluate the MA pool before sending out official rejections/waitlists in March. Based on past posts here on GC it seems that UPenn HoA (and a lot of UPenn programs in general) is pretty notorious for keeping people hanging. I don't want to email my POI asking for updates out of fear of being seen as impatient or pushy, but the anxiety is killing me!!

16 hours ago, aurelienne said:

Does anyone know what's going on at UPenn?

Just catching a ride on that to ask if anyone know about interviews for the MA at Penn State. I saw that people posted that they got interviews for the Ph.D but nothing about the MA. I applied for the MA so I was wondering if there are interviews and if so has anyone done them this cicle? Short question is: Am I being ghosted by this program also? 

7 hours ago, cutiepie said:

Just catching a ride on that to ask if anyone know about interviews for the MA at Penn State. I saw that people posted that they got interviews for the Ph.D but nothing about the MA. I applied for the MA so I was wondering if there are interviews and if so has anyone done them this cicle? Short question is: Am I being ghosted by this program also? 

Generally speaking, most MA programs do not do interviews (with a few exceptions like Williams). For departments that offer both the PhD and the terminal MA, PhD applications are almost always reviewed first, while MA applications tend to be reviewed during February, with decisions coming out during March. 

22 minutes ago, kleo said:

Hi all, anyone heard anything from Columbia or Princeton? 

Hey! From what I’ve heard - Princeton usually sends decisions at the last week of February (usually around 25th) 

7 hours ago, Immie said:

Hey! From what I’ve heard - Princeton usually sends decisions at the last week of February (usually around 25th) 

Thanks a lot! Very helpful! They are keeping us waiting then 😅

Hello! I'm applying to mostly MA programs for fall of 2024 -my first admit was UC Davis (got an email from Grad dept 1/31) which I am thrilled about! Does anyone have insight/thoughts about Davis's program? So far I am waitlisted at UW Madison, was rejected from UMN PhD (not surprising). Anxiously waiting to hear back from Tufts and Williams 

2 hours ago, west-coast said:

Hello! I'm applying to mostly MA programs for fall of 2024 -my first admit was UC Davis (got an email from Grad dept 1/31) which I am thrilled about! Does anyone have insight/thoughts about Davis's program? So far I am waitlisted at UW Madison, was rejected from UMN PhD (not surprising). Anxiously waiting to hear back from Tufts and Williams 

Congrats on the acceptance! I didn't apply to UC Davis but I've heard very good things about the program, and had it suggested to me by a prof. I've heard the atmosphere is very friendly and despite not having a huge reputation like Tufts or Williams it seems like there's a lot of good opportunities. Don't think going there would particularly kill your chances at a PhD versus a more prestigious program as long as you take advantage of resources, if that's something you're thinking about! Personally though the quarter system would kill me, and it's part of why I didn't apply, but it can work great for some people. (Btw I'm also waiting on Tufts and Williams - good luck to both of us! :lol:)

46 minutes ago, gomujanggab said:

For MA, still waiting on NYU IFA, Columbia, and Williams. Has anyone heard from these schools for the MA program? 

As far as I know Williams doesn't send out results until March, not sure about the other programs.

Anyone know if Princeton does actual formal interviews?  I think remember seeing someone on an earlier post that they got an interview in December and I'm trying to figure out whether to hold hope or not since I didn't receive an interview request. 

38 minutes ago, Cyrus_ said:

Anyone know if Princeton does actual formal interviews?  I think remember seeing someone on an earlier post that they got an interview in December and I'm trying to figure out whether to hold hope or not since I didn't receive an interview request. 

From what I've gathered, Princeton doesn't do formal interviews as part of their process? Eagerly waiting to hear back too! Based on previous years, we should receive a notification around the 25th... so I'm guessing the last week of February.

On 2/5/2024 at 10:16 AM, groovysquirrel said:

Applied to HAVC at UCSC and still waiting to hear back. Super nervous as I think it might be my top choice, but I haven't heard anything from them since I applied in November. I was accepted at UCSB, but for Comp. Lit :)

Do you know if they do a formal rejection email?? I am waiting for a decision on the Comp. Lit. program, but there is none 😭 I am so sad probably gone be rejected since they have not contacted me yet. BUT CONGRATSSS 🥳!! I'm sending positive energy for your application to HAVC!!!!!

On 2/17/2024 at 4:52 PM, Cyrus_ said:

Hey there, I was not interviewed formally by Princeton. I had 3 informal meetings with relevant faculty via Zoom before applying (I had reached out to them first). Have you heard anything from them?