Do results seem to be coming in late this year?

It may be more reasonable to say that it has to do with AWP being earlier this year. If the literature and creative writing departments share staff--it may be that notifications will come out after AWP ends (on Saturday) and faculty settle back in next week.

Go Packers--and good luck with your applications.

Tangentially related... I just saw on Syracuse's website that they plan to notify all admits, MA PhD and MFA, by the end of April. That seems far too late. Most people have to finalize their decision by April 15th. I don't understand how this could be true...

Tangentially related... I just saw on Syracuse's website that they plan to notify all admits, MA PhD and MFA, by the end of April. That seems far too late. Most people have to finalize their decision by April 15th. I don't understand how this could be true...

They probably don't abide by the council of graduate schools. Some schools don't.

Don't forget that MLA was in January this year, as well, as opposed to being in December as has historically been the case. And, of course, the weather has caused delays and cancellations interrupting schools' regular schedules, so I'm sure admissions committee meetings were affected there, as well.

I imagine the floodgates will begin opening mid next week and continue from there - hang tight! :)

My friend described GradCafe today as Applicants Anonymous - apparently, I was refreshing the Results board and my e-mail every 5 minutes without even noticing I was doing it.

Ahhhhhh! Make sure to unleash it upon every other graduate school applicant you know!

Can't...stop...compulsively...refreshing...inbox...

Most of my deadlines were Jan. 15, are you guys waiting for programs with earlier deadlines?

Bottles, I am also waiting on UF's English program, as well as English programs at UPitt and UW!

The vast majority of my apps were due in January, but all of the programs tend to notify mid-to-late February. Some of them go into early March, and of course some rejections are still coming in April.

I kind of think that February 14th will be the beginning, guys! I love this forum; this year I'm not living on a college campus, so no one else around me in person is spazzing out. This place reminds me that I'm not the only one. Cheers!

Most of my deadlines were Jan. 15, are you guys waiting for programs with earlier deadlines?

This is a really ridiculous thing to know, but if you have Gmail and download the Google Talk program, a notification box will pop up THE SECOND you get an email.

I continually keep my Gmail in another tab. When I see (1) on the tab, I have a mini-heart attack. And it's always just spam or something not important.

My deadlines were all Dec 1, 15 or Jan 1 15. I had two that are Feb, so I expect to hear from them late. From what I understand though, Dec. or Jan. deadline does not make anything go faster. No matter the deadline, profs don't look at applications until after winter break. I think that a place like UT Austin, which has a deadline of December 1st, wants earlier applications because they are a giant school, and they need time to match up test scores and transcripts with applications, bureaucratic stuff.

Meanwhile, Delaware's deadline was Jan 1st and I heard from them on Feb. 1st, so really there's no way to tell from deadlines. I think the bigger the program, the longer the wait.

Yes! I have deadlines from 12/1 and 12/15 that I haven't heard a peep back from yet.

Bottles, I am also waiting on UF's English program, as well as English programs at UPitt and UW!

The vast majority of my apps were due in January, but all of the programs tend to notify mid-to-late February. Some of them go into early March, and of course some rejections are still coming in April.

I kind of think that February 14th will be the beginning, guys! I love this forum; this year I'm not living on a college campus, so no one else around me in person is spazzing out. This place reminds me that I'm not the only one. Cheers!

Tortola and Bottles, what sub-field are you all? I applied to U of Florida as well (Shakespeare and Renaissance Pedagogy--I want to work with Sidney Homan).

Tortola and Bottles, what sub-field are you all? I applied to U of Florida as well (Shakespeare and Renaissance Pedagogy--I want to work with Sidney Homan).

My sub-field is mainly 20th c. American Literature with a focus on children's lit and psychology. I applied to the American Studies track because it encompasses a lot of different things. I had loved Kenneth Kidd's research before I realized he was at UF...so it seemed like a good fit!

I'm a theatre undergrad right now with a ridiculous soft spot for Shakespeare and Renaissance theatre history...largely because there is a general disregard of personal safety on the stage. Lots of fun!