Met Internships

zoltan

Still nothing here!

I recieved an interview for the Cloisters internship and interviewed in person on Monday. Hope this helps, and if you don't get this internship, don't fret. Just keep applying and keep your hopes up.

I recieved an interview for the Cloisters internship and interviewed in person on Monday. Hope this helps, and if you don't get this internship, don't fret. Just keep applying and keep your hopes up.

Hey! I think (?) Cloisters applicants are contacted independently of the regular MuSE interns. It sounds like there's a slightly different timeline. So far, no one who applied to the MuSE program, for either the college or graduate stream, has posted about being contacted about an interview.

Hey! I think (?) Cloisters applicants are contacted independently of the regular MuSE interns. It sounds like there's a slightly different timeline. So far, no one who applied to the MuSE program, for either the college or graduate stream, has posted about being contacted about an interview.

That could be it, the Cloisters is a bit seperate from the other internships. I wish you the best of luck!

Hi there! How'd the interview go/what was it like? Any specific questions to look out for? I have one next week, fingers crossed!

Hope your interview went well :)

Hi there! How'd the interview go/what was it like? Any specific questions to look out for? I have one next week, fingers crossed!

Hope your interview went well :)

Hi, the best advice I can give is to try and appear confident. A lot of questions is basically about what you put on the application. I can understand if you are nervous, just try your best! One of the interviewers was pretty intimidating, so just answer whatever questions they ask you about what you put on your application the best way you can. Good luck!

Has anyone heard yet? I applied for the Grad Summer Internship, but no news so far. It has been 3 (work)days past the two weeks mentioned in kaleidescopelove's post... I am so anxious - checking my e-mail every second. Please post if you have heard something.

I just made an account to say that I had a phone interview with someone from the American Wing yesterday. I'm a graduating senior. They emailed me on Thursday (3/12) to set up an interview. Hope that helps!

I just made an account to say that I had a phone interview with someone from the American Wing yesterday. I'm a graduating senior. They emailed me on Thursday (3/12) to set up an interview. Hope that helps!

Thanks for sharing jenna621. My only hope is that they have only send out the undergrad interviews, but they probably send them out all at once.

Hi! 

does anyone know when we are supposed to get final word for the MuSE program? The email confirmation we received upon successful submission of application materials had last years date I think. Thanks! 

Also, I've been following the thread for awhile and since people have been asking, I thought I should mention that I've had an interview for both of my internship choices in the past two weeks, which suggests that each department might be reaching out to people at their own pace? 

Hi! 

does anyone know when we are supposed to get final word for the MuSE program? The email confirmation we received upon successful submission of application materials had last years date I think. Thanks! 

Also, I've been following the thread for awhile and since people have been asking, I thought I should mention that I've had an interview for both of my internship choices in the past two weeks, which suggests that each department might be reaching out to people at their own pace? 

I thought it was April 10th, but can't find the exact date anymore. Congrats on your interviews! What departments did you apply to? And are you a grad of undergrad student? :)

I thought it was April 10th, but can't find the exact date anymore. Congrats on your interviews! What departments did you apply to? And are you a grad of undergrad student? :)

I'm a graduating senior and I applied to both of the European Paintings internships. I'm so thrilled to have gotten this far but I know competition is fierce... 

Hello!

Has anyone been contacted for the graduate MuSe program yet? As there's not much time left I'm growing anxious...>.<

Hey trapstone, I also applied to the graduate program and haven't heard anything....

Any other grads out there with better news?

hi for those of you have heard what position did you apply for? main building graduate or undergraduate? cloisters undergraduate?

I applied for the Paid Graduate Summer Internship program (MuSe). PM me if you have more questions.

• 2 months later...

congrats to everyone who got the internship! I'm gonna apply for next year's summer internship, if any of you has any useful advice it would be very appreciated, also, tell us how is the internship going! I just don't wanna mess it up with a very basic error, I study at a European university, and things go very different here in terms of admissions/applications.

• 1 month later...

I heard back about the Fall 2015 unpaid internship at the Main Building. I got an email last week (Thursday) requesting to either meet in person or over the phone. Since I live in Indiana and am currently working both a full-time office job and a graduate research assistantship, I spoke over the phone with the Administrator of the Office of the Registrar. I got the position. However, when I talked to the woman on the phone, it seemed as if I had already gotten it, and the phone call was less of an interview and more to check that the internship fulfilled what I needed and that it was possible for me to do it, given that I don't live in NYC and it's unpaid.

She informed me that the deadline for departments to send interns' information to the Education department is August 10th, so I wouldn't give up hope yet. It's very possible that whatever department you applied for has a more in-depth interview process (as in, they don't just email you out of the blue and offer it to you). I would hold out hope until the 10th.

If you get it, let me know! I know absolutely no one in NYC and I'm kind of freaking out about moving there on my own (I still live with my parents to save money on grad school).

• 4 months later...