University of Florida

I can speak for how responsive Kathy Williams is; she has responded to all of my questions very quickly, and had also CCed everything to Phillip Wegner.

I emailed last week asking about my application status since according to the online checklist I was still missing some materials. She emailed me back to say that my file is actually complete and that decisions would be out in three weeks, by mail.

Of course, we all know that admits seem to get phone calls, not letters :)

Still waiting . . .

My friend has been getting Google'd all over the place, and he only applied at UF; if you don't have an account somewhere that lets you know when your name has been searched, you should get one! Being Googled is either a great sign or an ominous one. I just made an account at Ziggs for that reason.

My friend has been getting Google'd all over the place, and he only applied at UF; if you don't have an account somewhere that lets you know when your name has been searched, you should get one! Being Googled is either a great sign or an ominous one. I just made an account at Ziggs for that reason.

I just created a Ziggs account and it isn't telling me anything; on the other hand, I have a very common name, so it might not be of much use anyway.

I just created a Ziggs account and it isn't telling me anything; on the other hand, I have a very common name, so it might not be of much use anyway.

Does Ziggs only show you data from the time you make your profile, or does it show you anything from beforehand? Now seems too late to make an account, since all the Googlng will already have been done.

I don't really get Ziggs now that I've signed up! I'm probably not going to use my account.

I just want to hear some good news. That is ALL that I want.

I'm not sure what information they send. I just got one myself and really don't get Ziggs either, but I suppose it's there in the future for all our "when am I being Googled?" needs.

I hope you hear soon! Shoot, I hope *I* hear soon.

Thanks! This is definitely one of my two top choices out of the eleven schools I've applied to. I hope they get all of the notifications out close together.

Second that. Nothing's worse than "why does everyone know but me?"

Second that. Nothing's worse than "why does everyone know but me?"

So true.

This is my top choice program. I've told my students that I'm waiting for an extremely important call, so I'm leaving my phone on vibrate during class just to see when/if they leave a VM! I know it seems highly unprofessional, but they're all rooting for me :) From the looks of it, we'll be hearing soon via phone if we're accepted.

*crosses fingers for all of us*

I'm beginning to freak out, folks. After looking at the results page several times over, I do believe UF will begin calling tomorrow. Please let all your closest anonymous GradCafe friends know your status immediately after notifying your family. :D

Let's hope you're right! It seems to be taking them longer than usual this year.

I'm beginning to freak out, folks. After looking at the results page several times over, I do believe UF will begin calling tomorrow. Please let all your closest anonymous GradCafe friends know your status immediately after notifying your family. :D

Then it is settled. We should all leave our phones on at work tomorrow because we will be getting a very important phone call. Sorry employer, my future is calling ;)

Looks like it was an acceptance to the PhD program. I'd assume they do the MA admits after the PhD admits. I think most of us on this thread are MA applicants, yes?

Congrats to whoever it was!

Wasn't me. I'm a PhD applicant.

Tomorrow is going to be a looooooooong day, isn't it?

Edited by Tybalt

Looks like someone else got a phone acceptance a moment ago. The comics and visual rhetoric track.

I wonder if all the calls will go out today, or if they will keep calling over the weekend. Does anyone know what size cohort UF usually takes?

Looks like someone else got a phone acceptance a moment ago. The comics and visual rhetoric track.

I wonder if all the calls will go out today, or if they will keep calling over the weekend. Does anyone know what size cohort UF usually takes?

It looks like in the past they made phone calls over the span of several days.

Edited by ssundva

I've heard numbers from 12 to 22. I think it depends on the year.