University of Florida

I just got an acceptance voicemail this morning from admissions. So Florida doesn't accept PhD applicants if you just have a BA? I had forgotten.

Anyway, that's pretty much the last notification for the fifteen schools I applied to.

Congratulations, Jordan!

I just got an acceptance voicemail this morning from admissions. So Florida doesn't accept PhD applicants if you just have a BA? I had forgotten.

Anyway, that's pretty much the last notification for the fifteen schools I applied to.

Where are the four admits? It's odd that nobody has claimed them yet. Two of the posts in the results board posted their sub-fields, but the other two didn't (and I'm curious/nosey). Anyone willing to claim the UF admits?

I'm the comics admit. I don't know how many applications they received or how many people were accepted, but Dr. Wegner mentioned that I was "one of the first" to be notified. I'm not sure if that's helpful or not, but there it is.

Congratulations, Edelweiss!

I'm the comics admit. I don't know how many applications they received or how many people were accepted, but Dr. Wegner mentioned that I was "one of the first" to be notified. I'm not sure if that's helpful or not, but there it is.

I really wish they'd contact the rest of the MA candidates. This is going to make things difficult with visit weekends and decision deadlines coming up so soon. I can't believe that it's March 7th and I'm still waiting on eight out of eleven schools.

DGS replied to my recent inquiry and told me that all applications have been reviewed and that they had to make dramatic cuts to admissions. No specifics on the size of the waitlist or on actual number of admission offers. Was told I am "pretty high on the waitlist," which is a step up from being towards the bottom of the waitlist when I applied to the MA program. Cheers to hope!

DGS replied to my recent inquiry and told me that all applications have been reviewed and that they had to make dramatic cuts to admissions. No specifics on the size of the waitlist or on actual number of admission offers. Was told I am "pretty high on the waitlist," which is a step up from being towards the bottom of the waitlist when I applied to the MA program. Cheers to hope!

Are we reasonably sure then that, if we haven't heard anything, we're either waitlisted or rejected? Granted, those are two very different positions, but still...

Are we reasonably sure then that, if we haven't heard anything, we're either waitlisted or rejected? Granted, those are two very different positions, but still...

I am really not sure. I think adcoms are serious cosmic mysteries.

Sent an e-mail to Dr. Wegner today, got a response a few hours later - wait list.

Here are the relevant bits of the e-mail that may interest others:

Thank you for your note and your continued interest in our program. The admissions and awards committee recently reviewed applications, and I am in the first stages of the process of contacting our first group of admitted students. [...]

We will be contacting people on the waitlist over the course of the next six weeks. The agreed upon national deadline for admissions decisions is April 15. While we fully respect the rights of all admitted students to take up until the April 15 deadline, we do expect to hear from a number of them before then. However, I need also to let you know as well that our program, like many others, had to make substantial cuts in admissions this year, and we are unclear at the present how many waitlist offers we will be able to make.

---

The rest of it was either about my application or just general pleasantries.

Sent an e-mail to Dr. Wegner today, got a response a few hours later - wait list.

Here are the relevant bits of the e-mail that may interest others:

Thank you for your note and your continued interest in our program. The admissions and awards committee recently reviewed applications, and I am in the first stages of the process of contacting our first group of admitted students. [...]

Are you an MA or a PhD applicant?

Finally cracked and emailed Professor Wegner about the MA applicants' timeline for decisions. I feel bad because he must be absolutely swamped with inquiries, but I now have offers waiting from other schools . . .

Have you heard anything back? I emailed Dr. Williams last week and she said that decisions would be sent out in a week or so which is around now...just wanted to see if you got an official decision yet. (This is for MA btw)

Looks like there have been a few official wait-list e-mails in the last 24 hours. I'm starting to think the UF might be out of the running for me (torn on it. I dread the heat of Florida, but Dr. Homan would be a perfect mentor).

Have you heard anything back? I emailed Dr. Williams last week and she said that decisions would be sent out in a week or so which is around now...just wanted to see if you got an official decision yet. (This is for MA btw)

Haven't heard back yet. Maybe we'll just have to wait it out . . . but I'm hoping to get an email with some kind of info today.

Haven't heard back yet. Maybe we'll just have to wait it out . . . but I'm hoping to get an email with some kind of info today.

I emailed again earlier today like a maniac...well at least this website makes me feel less crazy. I'll post if I hear anything, good or bad. Good luck to you!

Does it worry anyone that this thread has been viewed over 4k times? I wonder how many of us simply stalk this thread v. how many are anonymous, non-posting, first-time viewing applicants. I saw the result re: less than 1% of applicants being admitted. I wonder how big the applicant pool was this round!

For those of you who emailed Dr. Wegner and have not received a response: most people are on Spring Break at the moment. Don't be discouraged!

(I've not yet contacted him. I'm working up the courage.)

For those of you who emailed Dr. Wegner and have not received a response: most people are on Spring Break at the moment. Don't be discouraged!

(I've not yet contacted him. I'm working up the courage.)

Thanks! I'm in Austin, and spring break here isn't until next week. That hadn't even occurred to me.

p.s.- I took classes with Professor Wegner during my first year of college, and he's one of the nicest, most easy-to-talk-to professors I've ever had.

Good luck, tortola! For my sake (and perhaps yours, if you're dedicated to this program---I am 100% committed to attending UF), I hope other universities sway their admits :D

Thanks! Much more hopeful about it than about UT's waitlist.

I never heard back. Implicit rejection, I guess? The more time I spent on these boards the happier I became that I only applied to 2 lit schools...seems like library science might really be my calling after all.