Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

Wait, csalinas -- what? Is it always two weeks after they hear from the Commission in Madrid? I have been purposely slacking on looking these details up in an effort to stay zen, but now I must know!!! Waiting to hear on an ETA...

I do not know what to believe from Rachel!! It was suppossed to be today the DAY... but they have not even heard from the Commission in Madrid.... which means, we have to wait around 2 other weeks!! It is sooooo frustrating..... ANY FULL TO INSTITUTO DE EMPRESA/ SPAIN in this forum?? :rolleyes:

When did you hear this??

Received email confirmation at 4:46pm (11:46 est) from Jermaine Jones and Theresa Graza that my "informal notification of acceptance" is now indeed a formal one. Full grant to Israel!!! Anyone else?????

conggggrats!!! this is so exciting!

Ok Caribbean/Central America people - looks like this week was a wash. Here's hoping for next week...

Urghhh, it looks like you're right. Jeez... This wait is horrendous. Looks like I have to notify graduate schools before I hear back from the Fulbright.

I'm an ETA finalist for Montenegro. I haven't seen anyone else who applied for this one position so I'm hoping that means there's only a few of us! :)

It seems like we won't be finding out on acceptances today though...

I know. I feel sick to my stomach -- this is one long, interminable wait. cheers to all over the weekend -- try to think about other stuff!

Me too! This has been such a nerve-wracking day :wacko: Though I guess it'll be nice to have the weekend to relax.

Urghhh, it looks like you're right. Jeez... This wait is horrendous. Looks like I have to notify graduate schools before I hear back from the Fulbright.

That sucks, but do you think they would give you an extension, given your situation...?

P.S. Is it just me, or is anybody else starting to feel less anxious, and more annoyed / p*ssed off as the wait goes on?

Edited by rtlc06

That sucks, but do you think they would give you an extension, given your situation...?

P.S. Is it just me, or is anybody else starting to feel less anxious, and more annoyed / p*ssed off as the wait goes on?

Yes! They are so mean. Especially with those "save the date" emails...

Definitely starting to! I made a deal with myself that I would wait patiently until April 13th (which just so happens to be my country's 2011-2012 notification date) and now that it seems I won't hear anything until next week at the earliest, I'm officially allowing myself to get antsy :P

I was really hoping today was to day for sub-sahara. Bummer!

I broke down and called Jermaine Jones and he said he is still waiting for clearance to let us know, and that it probably wont be until the end of this month --__--

This time last year, it looks like sub-sahara was already receiving notifications. *Sigh* oh well!

I also applied to the Ukraine ETA.. according to Morshinska we should be hearing really soon.

Also, can anyone speculate about the save-the-date orientation email? Could it imply at least alternate status, especially for countries with a high amount of applications? Just curious!

How many Ukraine ETA applicants are out there? I got the save the date email too, I think its just a formality. But when I got that email my heart definitely skipped a beat because I thought it might be an email about the fulbright itself.

I broke down and called Jermaine Jones and he said he is still waiting for clearance to let us know, and that it probably wont be until the end of this month --__--

This time last year, it looks like sub-sahara was already receiving notifications. *Sigh* oh well!

Uuughhh. Waiting for clearance? It's so frustrating that the knowledge is out there, but we can't access it. I'd be happy with unofficial notification! Even if it meant thinking I got the grant and then it got taken away. I just want to start planning my life past the summer!

Thanks for calling -- wish you had better news to pass along to us.

So for the Central America/Caribbean people

I emailed Pam and this was her response today at 3:43pm.

Hi XXXXXXX,

I am hoping notifications will go out sometime next week. Still waiting for final approval from the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.

Best, Pam

I do not know what to believe from Rachel!! It was suppossed to be today the DAY... but they have not even heard from the Commission in Madrid.... which means, we have to wait around 2 other weeks!! It is sooooo frustrating..... ANY FULL TO INSTITUTO DE EMPRESA/ SPAIN in this forum?? :rolleyes:

Can anyone actually confirm this?

Yeah I'm glad you called, but I don't understand "clearance". I'm guessing that means Fulbright hasn't yet OK'd the funding for the selected candidates. Wonder why that's taking so long - I thought Jermaine got the selected candidates a while back (maybe it was only last week, just feels like forever).

Uuughhh. Waiting for clearance? It's so frustrating that the knowledge is out there, but we can't access it. I'd be happy with unofficial notification! Even if it meant thinking I got the grant and then it got taken away. I just want to start planning my life past the summer!

Thanks for calling -- wish you had better news to pass along to us.

I'm new to this board, but have been following, anxiously hoping for good news. I am a finalist for South Africa. Are they waiting for clearance on all of sub-saharan Africa to notify us?

I went ahead and accepted my graduate school offer because I had to by February. I was hoping if I get the Fulbright they would let me defer grad school for a year, do any of you know how likely that is? I got into a grad school that has its own fulbright program (which I didn't apply for). If I get Fulbright I am definitely taking it and going to South Africa, just hoping for the best case scenario so that I would also have a grad school to come back to! Any advice is much appreciated!

Edited by enkosi