The waiting is the hardest part

storiaitaliana

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I applied to another school today, after receiving an EXTREMELY enthusiastic response to my inquiry from the director. So I'm feeling good about that. Unfortunately it's a new program and I don't know where to send my GRE scores, so I have to wait for a call back from the message I left with the secretary before I order 'em.

My "weekends" don't line up with normal people's, the forum definitely quiets down when I have time to get on! I totally forgot about it Saturday and Sunday, but now I have time to refresh the page, check the mail, and otherwise be obsessive! I'm trying to think of this as a month to NOT obsess, though, one where I can not think about school and just enjoy life and work and friends. Probably won't hear back for another few weeks, might as well appreciate the status quo.

mail just came. Nothing good. I was actually waiting for the delivery person and told her what I was looking for :) maybe she will knock on the door if she gets anything that looks promising in the future...

Oh man, I finally got an envelope from one of my schools Saturday...and it was a paper copy of the 'your online application has been received, make sure your other materials are in' message. I'd already received this in TWO emails since the due date a month ago, established that their office had lost my other materials three weeks ago, and sent new copies straight to the department at that point because they said they were making decisions, so I was really hoping it would be a decision letter. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Just remember, every day that goes by without being informed of any decision increases the chances that you'll find out tomorrow!

Oh believe me...I DO remember. :lol:

If I hear from all my schools in the next 4 weeks (unlikely), that's going to be something like one piece of news every two days!!! If only...