The waiting is the hardest part

storiaitaliana

I'm just sick of my friends reminding me that I probably won't hear anything until march or even april. If i don't hear form at least 1 school before march I think I'll completely lose my mind. I mean I know its true that most schools do notify later but come on not all of them right? ugh I just need one acceptance

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just sick of my friends reminding me that I probably won't hear anything until march or even april. If i don't hear form at least 1 school before march I think I'll completely lose my mind. I mean I know its true that most schools do notify later but come on not all of them right? ugh I just need one acceptance

I didn't hear anything yet either and everyone tells me I shouldn't worry for another two weeks or so. I only checked my email every 3 minutes today. Yesterday I was doing it every 2 minutes. :P

To how many schools did you apply? I applied only to UCLA, so it's all or nothing. :)

Well I applied to 10 schools and haven't heard a peep from any of them. One started handing out acceptances 2 weeks ago (my friend got in ) another starting sending out some acceptances 2 days ago. So I know its not too early, and yeah i know i haven' been rejected yet, which is good, but I haven't been accepted either. And i'd be ok with being waitlisted and then eventually accepted but the bummer there is then you're usually accepted after visiting weekends so you don't get paid visit to campus.

I feel like a total dunce for asking this, but where is the acceptance/rejection thread that everyone is looking at? I cannot find it for the life of me.

Not a thread. It's the "Results Search" linked at the top of each page.

* HAPPY DANCE *

I just got an interview, I just got an interview! Univ. of Kansas just sent me an email tonight inviting me to an interview! I'll be in Lawrence March 1-2. They want me to give a 20-30 minute presentation of my work. And they're paying for the flight!!!!

Good morning everyone (or whatever time of day it is in your part of the world.)

My application is being reviewed today by one of the two masters programs I applied to. Still no word on the seven PhD apps, but it sure would be nice to have an acceptance from somewhere!

How do you know they are reviewing today? If you are psychic, then I have a lot of questions for you...

They called me to let me know that my GRE scores weren't there as they were reviewing my application. Now, I know the scores were sent to the correct place and apparently they arrived, but they just didn't have them there with my file for whatever reason. So they let me fax them right over to the office (bless them) and then said "Okay, we're going to look at it right now!" :lol:

If only I was psychic I'd have a lot of questions for myself too.

They must consider your application quite strong to go to that trouble! Sounds positive...

That's what I'm hoping, too. If they'd thought the rest of my application was crap, surely it would have already been filed in the circular file instead of them bothering to track me down.

But we'll see what we see. And BAHAHAHAHA, "The Waiting" just came on the radio.

I finally got a taste of what you guys have been going through. Somebody recieved (the first I've heard of so far) an acceptance to one of the programs I applied to (Cornell). I have no idea when they submitted their application, but I have been going nuts since I found out. I mean...the anxiety has been ratcheted up to a level that I didn't know was possible. :x

Okay, my apps are all in -- now to sit tight until late Feb/early March -- arghh!! Anyone else climbing the walls?? :D

Climbing the walls is probably the nice way to put it. :shock: Losing all of my hair, biting off my nails, and hyperventilating is more like it. And as the rejects start to pour in...my heart is sinking deeper to the floor. There's GOTTA be a program somewhere that'll accept me!

Deep breath though...Mid March comes fast enough :wink:

My first notification and it a rejection.. not a good feeling. Now i just hope its my last, but in the mean time i have two more weeks until i hear something from the other schools...UGHHH :cry:

No stress, BigCheese. I've got ten apps out. 2 rejects so far. I feel you on the 'not a good feeling' part. But...there's hope. Keep your chin up and your breathing regulated. Then fast track it to the nearest corner bar and have yourself a beer. It'll work out. :mrgreen:

What are you guys all drinking? I plan to spend the weekend getting happy on my favorite drink, Basil Belles.

Muddle 5 sprigs fresh basil, top with ice, a big spoonful of simple syrup, a hearty tot of Tanqueray Rangpur, a squirt of fresh lime juice and some lemon-lime soda.

Hopefully this will keep me from checking my email every four seconds until Monday, at least.