Fall 2012 Applicant Chit Chat

goldielocks

What?! That's crazy, you've only heard back from 2.5 schools (Probably yale?). For your sanity, you should proudly hold out for their decisions!

I believe the "probably Yale" refers to a lack of an interview, plus not hearing - I'm in the same position, and have written off Yale.

oh, speaking of googling... apparently I've been googled after receiving my first 3 pieces of news. Now I wonder if that's coming from the Graduate School at OSU, or one of the other two schools that have pending applications.

I thought I was done being googled. <_<

I have a very positive feeling today. Not necessarily about my applications, but about life in general. Somehow, I feel it won't be the end of the world if this application cycle doesn't work out for me. At least I have my health, a wonderful partner and steady income. I truly hope we all get into the schools of our choice, but remember to take time for yourselves and your families AND enjoy your day! :)

I have a very positive feeling today. Not necessarily about my applications, but about life in general. Somehow, I feel it won't be the end of the world if this application cycle doesn't work out for me. At least I have my health, a wonderful partner and steady income. I truly hope we all get into the schools of our choice, but remember to take time for yourselves and your families AND enjoy your day! :)

Amen, Selah. Now, back to refreshing the results page............

I had that same feeling when I woke up, Toulouse.

I'm feeling very zen about everything.

Plus, it's sunny here.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks, Toulouse1!

I'm also having a positive day today--first one in a while for some reason. Hooray for today :)

Guys, I'm feeling extremely positive as well. It started yesterday for no reason and has continued through today. Our computer system is down at work do I've stopped checking this place as crazily as I have been during the day. But I still look occasionally on my phone.

I'm glad we're all feeling up today!!

Positivity is the word of the day!

Hey Y'all,

I've been keeping very silent on the board these past couple weeks, partially because I was rejected from the first three programs I heard back from (Duke, Princeton, Brown). This week, though, I was accepted by my top remaining choice, UNC-CH! I'm thrilled and basically 99.9% certain that I will accept their offer. I will be in the American history program, so if anyone else out there is considering studying Am His at UNC-CH, definitely hit me up.

My only reservation about accepting UNC right away is that I still haven't heard back from numerous schools, including Yale, UPenn and Columbia. Even though UNC is above them on my list, it almost feels wrong not to wait for the other decisions. What do people think about this situation? Also, any idea about when the rest of us will be hearing back from Yale, etc? I'm assuming that I've been rejected from them all, since they've already sent out a number of acceptances...

Hey Y'all,

I've been keeping very silent on the board these past couple weeks, partially because I was rejected from the first three programs I heard back from (Duke, Princeton, Brown). This week, though, I was accepted by my top remaining choice, UNC-CH! I'm thrilled and basically 99.9% certain that I will accept their offer. I will be in the American history program, so if anyone else out there is considering studying Am His at UNC-CH, definitely hit me up.

My only reservation about accepting UNC right away is that I still haven't heard back from numerous schools, including Yale, UPenn and Columbia. Even though UNC is above them on my list, it almost feels wrong not to wait for the other decisions. What do people think about this situation? Also, any idea about when the rest of us will be hearing back from Yale, etc? I'm assuming that I've been rejected from them all, since they've already sent out a number of acceptances...

Congrats! You must feel such a sense of relief!

Hey Y'all,

Congratulations to you! I say wait it out and see what the other schools have to say. It's great that you got into one of your top choices. Good luck to you.