Fall 2012 Applicant Chit Chat

goldielocks

Well I just called the grad school and they looked up my application - which still says no decision has been made. Maybe I've been wait listed? Or is "wait listed" a decision in itself???

Well you were the one who had the email conversation with UConn about decisions and they said none had gone out and there was another meeting this week, right? The first part obviously wasn't true, but maybe that second part is. Perhaps they accepted the students who were eligible for the fellowship, waited a few days for people to possibly decline, and will send a second wave of decisions this week? That's the hope I'm clinging to, at least.

Is anyone still waiting to hear back from UPenn? I applied for their terminal M.A. program and was told that they would be looking at M.A, applicants "in a few days" nearly a month ago. Now UPenn is on Spring Break--is there any hope that further decisions will be sent out this week?

IT'S MY DECISION, AND I NEED IT NOW!!!

...if you've been waiting long-term and you need to know now-

CALL D.G.S. WENTWORTH- 877-KNOW-NOW

877-KNOW-NOW?

877-KNOW NOW

...okay it's official. The waiting has gotten to me. I've cracked.

I thought this was hilarious, so I'm proably right there with you... I just emailed UConn to see if they have an update on my application. Any semblance of optimism I was holding onto has been plummeting over the past hour or so, lol.

And I just got accepted to UMass! So excited! Mood reversed!

Edited by jorcutt23

I thought this was hilarious, so I'm proably right there with you... I just emailed UConn to see if they have an update on my application. Any semblance of optimism I was holding onto has been plummeting over the past hour or so, lol.

That's really great!! I was going to apply there but it really wasn't a great fit for me . . . But I know what you mean about UConn - when that "wait listed " posted my heart sank a tad further :(

IT'S MY DECISION, AND I NEED IT NOW!!!

...if you've been waiting long-term and you need to know now-

CALL D.G.S. WENTWORTH- 877-KNOW-NOW

877-KNOW-NOW?

877-KNOW NOW

...okay it's official. The waiting has gotten to me. I've cracked.

I have been on record as saying these commercials are the worst ... now I know the level of pain you are clearly in my friend ... be thou at peace

Ya, I got my official Wait Listed from UMass today.

I haven't posted much in the last few days... I am in a grading haze... But next year I'll be doing it for someone else! It looks like I am moving to Miami this summer, I am not wasting much energy on the prospect of waiting lists for my last few schools. I have a funded offer in a great program for me. I feel so lucky that I am going to continue my training with my mentor's mentor. :) I am having fun researching Miami and I am going down for a visit at the end of the month. Of course I have moments of overwhelming stress when I think about the move and beginning the program, but I am happy to deal with that pressure.

BTW - I love the idea of starting a support thread next year. It would be great to communicate with everyone who is going through the same experience after sharing this process together.

I haven't posted much in the last few days... I am in a grading haze... But next year I'll be doing it for someone else! It looks like I am moving to Miami this summer, I am not wasting much energy on the prospect of waiting lists for my last few schools. I have a funded offer in a great program for me. I feel so lucky that I am going to continue my training with my mentor's mentor. :) I am having fun researching Miami and I am going down for a visit at the end of the month. Of course I have moments of overwhelming stress when I think about the move and beginning the program, but I am happy to deal with that pressure. BTW - I love the idea of starting a support thread next year. It would be great to communicate with everyone who is going through the same experience after sharing this process together.

You're taking your talents to South Beach!? You should have held a one hour documentary on the History Channel about your entire academic career. Then in the last 30 seconds of the documentary, say something about how great you are and say you're taking your talents and methodologies to South Beach.

Okay, I kid. Can't pass up an opportunity to mock "The Decision." But seriously, congratulations. That's awesome. If you ever get time out of the library catch some rays for me. It's looking like I'll be in the Midwest.

You're taking your talents to South Beach!? You should have held a one hour documentary on the History Channel about your entire academic career. Then in the last 30 seconds of the documentary, say something about how great you are and say you're taking your talents and methodologies to South Beach.

Okay, I kid. Can't pass up an opportunity to mock "The Decision." But seriously, congratulations. That's awesome. If you ever get time out of the library catch some rays for me. It's looking like I'll be in the Midwest.

This is even funnier to me because I actually met my husband in South Beach!

Before you even do that though tease a franchise which has been STARVED for a superstar, in a city that WORSHIPS its basketball players historian and then get gullible fans to pre-order your jersey book with the new number chapter you have said you are going to include in order to pay homage to an older era. THEN like the stinking coward that you are you eschew this FANTASTIC city who then have to pick up an ok player with uninsurable knees average student like Oseirus who quite frankly is just starstruck to be there. You will go through your entire career regretting turning down the Knicks and Oseirus will hate you for making him believe his beloved Knicks had a chance to turn them around. EFF YOU LEBRON! EFF YOU!!! I hope you hate Miami and I hope you get sunburned daily! I hope you Enjoy MIA Sandy! It is a great place

Before you even do that though tease a franchise which has been STARVED for a superstar, in a city that WORSHIPS its basketball players historian and then get gullible fans to pre-order your jersey book with the new number chapter you have said you are going to include in order to pay homage to an older era. THEN like the stinking coward that you are you eschew this FANTASTIC city who then have to pick up an ok player with uninsurable knees average student like Oseirus who quite frankly is just starstruck to be there. You will go through your entire career regretting turning down the Knicks and Oseirus will hate you for making him believe his beloved Knicks had a chance to turn them around. EFF YOU LEBRON! EFF YOU!!! I hope you hate Miami and I hope you get sunburned daily! I hope you Enjoy MIA Sandy! It is a great place

Oseirus you are killing me!

Oseirus, I am in a library. And you are disturbing the other students here with my laughter.

And yes I know I should be writing this book review instead of reading grad cafe. I CAN'T HELP MYSELF!

Hey guys,

I know there's a few people on here who applied to Oxford. Apparently we should hear next week.

According to a posted on one of the British forums who called them, all decisions have been made, and they just need the Director of Graduate Studies or someone similar to sign off on them.

In completely unrelated news, I'm suddenly worried again.

I just got into Boston U (and posted it in the Results board). I had my guard down, it being a Saturday afternoon. It was an email from a POI, so don't fret if you applied there but didn't receive notice yet. He mentioned that the grad school won't sent out official offers for a while. (if you want more details feel free to PM, I don't want to be tacky)

Congrats to the other recent acceptances. But I wanted to say thanks so much to everyone on this board for being so supportive and helpful over these past few months. The kind comments and PMs have helped me immeasurably. Since my application season is winding down (save for a couple of wait lists and an imminent rejection from ND) I just wanted to sincerely wish everyone who's still waiting the best possible luck. This time last week I was thinking of alternatives next year (partly where to live, partly what to research, partly which Starbucks to work at), and now I have a couple of funded offers that are great fits for me - which just goes to show the importance of staying hopeful and optimistic. Thank you all so much.

Congrats! :)