Fall 2012 Applicant Chit Chat

goldielocks

Yeah, my info says this week for Yale and Princeton as well.

For Princeton, I guess it depends on whether the info is coming via mail or email. If mail, then it might be posted this week and may not get here until next (unless POIs informally let people know). I could be wrong, but I didn't see a decision page on the Princeton application.

Yale, on the other hand, has a message center on the online app, where the decision may arrive this week.

Yeah, my info says this week for Yale and Princeton as well.

For Princeton, I guess it depends on whether the info is coming via mail or email. If mail, then it might be posted this week and may not get here until next (unless POIs informally let people know). I could be wrong, but I didn't see a decision page on the Princeton application.

In past years Princeton sent out decisions by email from the graduate program secretary. No reason to think it will change. Last year Brown and Princeton announced on the same day, and Yale the next day or two.

Wow that latest UPenn Art History result submission was a bit catty.... :P I'm sure glad I'm not in his/her cohort.

I saw that! I was wondering if they meant "bitchin."

There was also a really arrogant one in comp sci to UC Davis a few days ago - "I have 5 publications, plus 3 papers in review. I have done five research-oriented internships in national labs and industry research centers. Did my undergrad in CS at a top-10 school. (This is just a safety school, of course.)"

I saw that! I was wondering if they meant "bitchin."

There was also a really arrogant one in comp sci to UC Davis a few days ago - "I have 5 publications, plus 3 papers in review. I have done five research-oriented internships in national labs and industry research centers. Did my undergrad in CS at a top-10 school. (This is just a safety school, of course.)"

Wow...I don't read all the other fields (I already spend too much time on here! :o ) so I am glad I missed that one. :)

In past years Princeton sent out decisions by email from the graduate program secretary. No reason to think it will change. Last year Brown and Princeton announced on the same day, and Yale the next day or two.

So my dartmouth pick is looking good or should I have gone Harvard or Penn?

GUYSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

While someone did post an acceptance for OSU on the survey board, I get to call it FIRST ON THIS BOARD!! I saw that when I was leaving work and I was like, oh man, my password for OSU site is so complicated that I need to be on my laptop to see it. So I walked 40 minutes, probably my fastest commute time ever, back home from work... I just had a really good feeling in my tummy and was pleading to my POI to please, please, pleaseeeee accept me.

AND I FREAKING GOT IN!!!! With full-funding!!!! THREE YEARS OF WAITING IS OVER!

Now I know what it's like to cry- of happienss, not sadness.

OH MY GOD! I called up 2 of my LOR writers- one was actually on her way to teach a senior seminar... hahaha.

SO OVER THE MOON! *goes back to more happy dancing*

GUYSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

While someone did post an acceptance for OSU on the survey board, I get to call it FIRST ON THIS BOARD!! I saw that when I was leaving work and I was like, oh man, my password for OSU site is so complicated that I need to be on my laptop to see it. So I walked 40 minutes, probably my fastest commute time ever, back home from work... I just had a really good feeling in my tummy and was pleading to my POI to please, please, pleaseeeee accept me.

OH MY GOD! I called up 2 of my LOR writers- one was actually on her way to teach a senior seminar... hahaha.

Many congratulations, TMP!!

YES TMP! YESSSS YAYAY! THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY! (I don't know why they call it that... haha).

Congrats times THREE! How many more schools did you apply to this time? You've been very hush hush, but you're two for two yes? Pretty awesome feeling I bet.

GUYSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats TMP!!!

GUYSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats! From what I've read on this board, it's very well deserved.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you find out the financial aid information? I was also lucky enough to be admitted but can't find any information about funding (maybe it's undecided)?

Edited by iamincontrolhere-haig

haig, they fully-fund every accepted student and do very slow rolling admissions. I can't remember the details of the package but I'm sure it's slightly different for everyone. OSU has made that commitment for quite sometime now- much longer than Indiana or Wisconsin.

Yes, I've been hush-hush because I'm so superstitious and.. well... it's a little embarassing at times to admit that I'm applying for the third year in a row. Like I have no other life.

Wisconsin was a new kid on my list this year so it's quite exciting to be accepted somewhere new for the first time.

OSU was a reject last year. My POI took a real pity on me and she was just simply amazing in helping me get back on my feet. She really did like my application but felt that my SOP didn't address all of her concerns... so I'm sure there's more to it. :D

GUYSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats TMP! This is my third go-around as well, so I know how it feels - very well deserved!

By the by guys, I've heard that the CUNY GC will be making final decisions late this week or next week.

Edited by lureynol

GUYSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats TMP! I'm so happy for everyone who's getting good news. :)