Welcome to the 2011-2012 Cycle

I think the consensus is that absent a claim here, people are cautiously optimistic that they haven't started. Who knows though? Predicting this stuff is futile, and is likely to slowly drive one into madness, until they eventually start writing political science pickup lines and posting them on a message board on the internet.

Ah good to know. I will also remain cautiously optimistic, but I'll leave the polisci pick up lines to others...

Ah, I see. Well, she was one of a few for me, and really since my specialization is so narrow (and so out of fashion), my potential POIs are rather narrow. Also, I listed her last year and was waitlisted, so who knows this year.

I listed her too, mostly because I thought her a good match in terms of research interest. And my thing is narrow too and I had a hard time finding people in a lot of schools. Well, for better or worse... BTW Balderdash what is your research interest?

That's awesome! You are only the second European I know who watched it!

edit: I've mostly lived in Central/Eastern Europe so...that could be why.

I also watched it:) Actually, it was quite popular among my peers (born in the late eighties).

i loved Linka from the USSR, especially.

Is anyone still in limbo with Notre Dame? I know that some acceptances have been sent out, a handful of wait lists, and now some new rejections are creeping up as well, but I have not heard one way or the other from them. Nothing on the website, no e-mail...

Sigh.

I checked the website last night, and I didn't have any desicion there one way or the other; No other contact from them either.

However, this may very well be because I applied to the Peace Studies & Political Science degree program; In which case, I could see how that desicion could take longer.

I just called Northwestern, she said they'd have all the decisions out by the end of the week.

I asked if it'd be on the website, and she said "you'll get an email". This is probably reading too much into that, but this hopefully means it's not an immediate rejection, since the people on Saturday didn't get an email.

This is interesting, especially since she said the same thing at the beginning of last week.

Is anyone still in limbo with Notre Dame? I know that some acceptances have been sent out, a handful of wait lists, and now some new rejections are creeping up as well, but I have not heard one way or the other from them. Nothing on the website, no e-mail...

Sigh.

they have a bunch of offers out and will be making more as some people decline them. i just declined an offer from them yesterday. if you want more details pm me, i can tell you abut what i was specifically told

Sigh.

I am still in limbo with them too. Here is to hoping that we aren't out yet.

I just called Northwestern, she said they'd have all the decisions out by the end of the week.

I asked if it'd be on the website, and she said "you'll get an email". This is probably reading too much into that, but this hopefully means it's not an immediate rejection, since the people on Saturday didn't get an email.

That is interesting. I asked the same question regarding the website, and was told that everyone would receive an e-mail. Some of us clearly have not. So, I do not know much that comment should necessarily be believed.

Sigh.

I checked the website last night, and I didn't have any desicion there one way or the other; No other contact from them either.

However, this may very well be because I applied to the Peace Studies & Political Science degree program; In which case, I could see how that desicion could take longer.

Count me in too...I still think that no news is still good news

For people still waiting for Yale, they are not done: ‘We have not finished notifying applicants of their acceptance to our program. We hope to notify all applicants by the end of the week“

Just emailed them.

Good luck for all!

Thanks for the tip! Good luck to you, too :)

Someone in results section said Harvard Government is all done by 19th? Anyone has any idea?

With all the shennanigans of late, I would really refrain from drawing too many inferences from the results survey.

Some people had reported acceptances to BC, so I decided to call their office to check and see if they had sent out all of their acceptances yet. The person I talked with said that the ad com was meeting right now and that decisions might not be finalized until the middle of March.

Some people had reported acceptances to BC, so I decided to call their office to check and see if they had sent out all of their acceptances yet. The person I talked with said that the ad com was meeting right now and that decisions might not be finalized until the middle of March.

Between the unusual nature of this cycle and the trolling: I wouldnt assume anything. Looks like we'll know when an admit or rejection letter are in hand.

The only thing I believe at this point is an official letter from the graduate school. I have no idea what to think, and I am not giving up on or relaxing regarding a school until I have my official rejection/acceptance. Even a POI letter at this point, I would still probably be nervous until I had the official acceptance.

Did actually get accepted to Brown? I saw the waitlisters but have seen no other activity...

No waitlists or acceptances yet - they haven't made their decisions yet. The "long short list" stuff is, I think, the pool of consideration. But I don't think you're out if you haven't been contacted by them. As with the rest of this cycle, it seems there will be waiting and confusion involved :)