MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

It is getting closer to the decision date of 15 April - for the sake of all people on waitlists - if you've chosen your school, please don't delay notifying the ones you won't be attending so others can move up the ranks or at least get closure. :)

Brooklyn College or NYU? Any thought?!

These two programs are really different, so it depends on what you're looking for. Have you visited BK college before? I was just put on the wait list at NYU... so I am really hoping you fall in love with BK lol.

Hey, guys! I just got accepted to MICA and Brandeis Post-Bac certificate programs. Can any of you suggest the pros/cons for these schools? Thank you! ;)

Hi! I did the post-bac at MICA a few years ago (was also choosing between Brandeis and MICA)- and I don't regret my decision one bit. I had visited both schools and just felt like MICA had more to offer in terms of resources, studio space, faculty, etc. than Brandeis. Bill Schmidt (who heads the program) and Linda Bills (the artist in residence) were amazing mentors, - I'm still in touch with both of them. There are also opportunities to work with lots of different faculty, depending on your interests. My work changed dramatically over the course of the year (I went in an oil painter and came out a sculptor...), and it was a truly wonderful experience.

Anyway I could go on and on and on - but feel free to PM me if you want more info/ have any more specific questions : )

Is there anyone else who has NOT heard anything back from MassArt after their interview? It's been well over a month now and when I called a few weeks ago they told me I would definitely hear something by the end of March. The program I interviewed for is 2d. If anyone else is still left out in the cold with no answer let me know!

MassArt emailed me an acceptance letter today. I applied to the SIM program. Anyone have any thoughts on declining offers for another try next year applying to more favorable schools?

MassArt emailed me an acceptance letter today. I applied to the SIM program. Anyone have any thoughts on declining offers for another try next year applying to more favorable schools?

Did you go to the school? If it didn't feel right, I would wait. You can only get your MFA once!

Well guys, I got full funding and a TAship stipend at my safe choice and still not word on my waitlist status at my top choice. So I am going to enroll at my safety and if by some miracle I am accepted later at my top choice, I may just have to selfishly turn down the safety. I've heard that its been done before. But full funding is a hard thing to pass up.

Hi! I did the post-bac at MICA a few years ago (was also choosing between Brandeis and MICA)- and I don't regret my decision one bit. I had visited both schools and just felt like MICA had more to offer in terms of resources, studio space, faculty, etc. than Brandeis. Bill Schmidt (who heads the program) and Linda Bills (the artist in residence) were amazing mentors, - I'm still in touch with both of them. There are also opportunities to work with lots of different faculty, depending on your interests. My work changed dramatically over the course of the year (I went in an oil painter and came out a sculptor...), and it was a truly wonderful experience.

Anyway I could go on and on and on - but feel free to PM me if you want more info/ have any more specific questions : )

So, just curious, where will you do your MFA?

Decided on Davis, it felt like the best fit to me and they offered enough to cover tuition. Still have living expenses but I can deal with that. Good luck to everyone, no matter what the next step is for you! I know this forum helped a lot while going through this mess.

Heya All,

So I'm still on the wait list at RISD. Sigh. Anyone else in the same boat? I've gotten into CalArts, which seems like a perfect fit for what I want in a program, but they don't have much funding for anyone...

News? Updates?

Rachel

Heya All,

So I'm still on the wait list at RISD. Sigh. Anyone else in the same boat? I've gotten into CalArts, which seems like a perfect fit for what I want in a program, but they don't have much funding for anyone...

News? Updates?

Rachel

Yea I know how it is.. but I'm on waitinglist for a different dept.