MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

Hi Everyone,

I am so excited to announce that after 3 years of going through this application process, I have been admitted and will be attending Hunter this fall for painting (received an email to check my online application)!!! I´m over the moon and wanted to thank everyone again for the continuous support on this forum, it has been a tremendous help and really encouraging. The best of luck to all x

Congratulations everyone!

I spent the past week on the road visiting my top four options, which I highly suggest doing, as some programs may look very similar on paper but feel completely different in person. Plus, getting to know all that faculty + grads means you're making lots of connections within your field!

I was accepted to my number one choice yesterday, which was a huge relief as they only accept one grad student a year and I was very nervous that would not be me.

I can't express how much this forum meant to me. Good luck to everyone, wherever you're going and with all your future projects!

hey out there, has anyone gotten their calarts financial aid info yet?

Nope. I don't think anyone has.

EDIT: Ha! I literally JUST got an email when I posted this. Now let's see what they're giving . . .

Edited by miyamoto81

I'm out of state the first year, but I'm a US citizen. They offered me "at least 15k" but that includes a TAship. I think the total tuition for both years will be around $20k or less.

It says you got accepted to VCU in your sig. Just to clarify for those of us who got letters in the mail, you've already had an interview and an offer? The letters we got were a little fuzzy on that.

Anyway, congratulations!

I was accepted to University of Maryland (full ride + stipend) and to Hunter (my dream school).

I really have no idea what to do. If you have any insight it would be GREATLY appreciated.

It's totally up to you - if it were me, and if I could afford to go to Hunter and afford to live in New York, that's where I would go, especially if I wanted to be a showing artist. If what you want to do is teach and make art for yourself and don't really care if you get representation right away, go to UMD.

Hey guys, I haven't been very active on here in awhile, but I've been looking out to see how everyone has been doing. Over the past few weeks I found out I got into SVA and Hunter too, but I decided I'm going to go to Tyler. If any of you are sure you are going there too (I know a couple of you are), we should get in touch! PM me if you want. We mine as well start building our community now :)

Can't wait for August!

Edited by gumbojoe

My VCU application no longer says "complete ready to review," but doesn't really say anything else. WHAT DOES THIS MEEEEAN?!!

Is there a spot the says "Status"??? Because mine doesn't even say that. I'm praying to God this is a good sign for us.

Good luck, Fool4nine! That's a great program!

I just officially accepted at OSU and I just declined Rutgers and Tyler. Hopefully that will provide some good news for those in photo.