MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

So I called SAIC today, and they said my application is still pending. Is this bad news? I saw on the survey that some else was accepted into the MDes Designed Objects program via the phone. Will they just not tell you you're rejected over the phone?

Thanks!

I was accepted to the MDes Designed Objects program via phone by one of the program's faculty on the 23rd. I know another person posted the same thing in the results survey... did you apply to the same program? I read somewhere some programs are calling to alert students of their decisions because mail results are all backed up.

Side note - was anyone else accepted to SVA's Products of Design MFA program? I'm hoping to receive all of my SAIC info in the mail before April 15th, since that is the SVA deadline to reserve my spot :\ So soon and so much to think about!

I was accepted to the MDes Designed Objects program via phone by one of the program's faculty on the 23rd. I know another person posted the same thing in the results survey... did you apply to the same program? I read somewhere some programs are calling to alert students of their decisions because mail results are all backed up.

Side note - was anyone else accepted to SVA's Products of Design MFA program? I'm hoping to receive all of my SAIC info in the mail before April 15th, since that is the SVA deadline to reserve my spot :\ So soon and so much to think about!

I did apply to the same program. So they called you? Ughh...That doesn't give me a lot of hope. Thanks for your reply.

Rejected from SAIC via email....snail mail to follow.

sorry to hear that l'artiste. this is so weird and confusing. the guy specifically told me that they don't send out decisions by email. They've also been giving different people different decision dates. SAIC are really pissing me off!

good luck with CalArts though. that would be amazing!

and I would go with USF but not for the money, more for the flexibility of the program. I don't much about either, just that MICA has a better rep. I guess if u want to focus on photo or that program than I would go with that, even with the half funding, but if you wanna use your time in grad school to experiment more with other media I would go with USF

Any Hunter painters or sculptors out there? What's the word?? I've heard nothing..

Nothing at all... Im developing an ulcer over here!

Someone in this forum heard back a few days ago, but they had applied for drawing...havnt heard anyone from painting....

sorry to hear! did u interview?

finally got rejected by Columbia (New Genres) today by mail notification that the decision was ready online.

SAIC Art&Technology-accepted

SAIC Sculpture-rejected

Columbia NewGenres-rejected

Hi, guys! I have an interview with SAIC next week for the post-bac program. Can anyone give me some advice on what to expect? I applied to SAIC MFA (Painting & Drawing) and didn't get in so was advised to apply for the post-bac certificate program. Thank you! :)

Has anyone heard from UTK painting? I thought I was out of the running when my application was temporarily halted at the graduate school, and my materials finally made it to the art school a couple weeks ago. (I applied before the financial aid deadline). When I called the art school, they said "not many decisions have been made for painting."

Still haven't heard from UTK (painting), SCAD, or VCU.

I just called Tyler to find out my status as they had promised to have the verdicts out by the end of this week. They immediately transfered me to Nicole, Director of Admissions and she told me I was waitlisted.

The April 15th shuffle is going to be very interesting!

I just called Tyler to find out my status as they had promised to have the verdicts out by the end of this week. They immediately transfered me to Nicole, Director of Admissions and she told me I was waitlisted.

hey, thanks for posting this... me too!

FINALLY got something in the mail from VCU painting - an invitation to their summer studio program.

I assume this is my rejection packaged with a bow... but there is no explicit language in the letter, just stuff about how the 2012 selection was difficult, they are only able to admit 8 new MFA students, please consider this summer program, here's info about how great it is, etc.

My application status online is the same, completed ready for review.

I haven't done MFA applications before, but I assume I should still keep an eye out for an official letter of their decision?

So, do you have to call them to get this info? They don't send email notification, or change your application online, or mail a letter?

hey, thanks for posting this... me too!

FINALLY got something in the mail from VCU painting - an invitation to their summer studio program.

I assume this is my rejection packaged with a bow... but there is no explicit language in the letter, just stuff about how the 2012 selection was difficult, they are only able to admit 8 new MFA students, please consider this summer program, here's info about how great it is, etc.

My application status online is the same, completed ready for review.

I haven't done MFA applications before, but I assume I should still keep an eye out for an official letter of their decision?

I emailed them this week and told them I'm pressed to make a decision between my current choices, and would appreciate an update on the status of my application (three days passed and the same silence); Oh well, I'm pretty sure I'm getting a similar letter or an outright apologetic rejection letter from them when I get home today... At least I'll be able to call it a wrap as far as all the schools I've applied to and was waiting for responses.