MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

If I were you, I'd call VCU and Tyler and let them know you're still interested in their programs but will soon have to make a decision. Ask for an update. Can't hurt. Also, couldn't you ask Cranbrook if you could have until 4/15 to make your decision, since I think that's customary?

Really could use some thoughts/advice on which program to attend cafe friends. SVA (Fine Art) or Cranbrook (Painting).

I know I'll have more studio time at Cranbrook, and probably work closer with the artist in residence and classmates there than any of the big wig profs at SVA, but SVA is in New York, and therefore any connections I did make would ultimately be city connections... Eventually I would like to be in New York (as would most of us I assume) however, I'm not sure that that should influence my choice as I'm going to one or the other for the 2yr program and New York isn't going anywhere.

I still haven't heard back from VCU or Tyler (finalist) but I have to let Cranbrook know by april 2nd..... aghh

What should I do...!?

p.s. Ultimately I feel fortunate to be faced with this dilemma, but having a really difficult time coming up with a firm decision, apologies if this comes off as conceited...

Just FYI guys,

I got a financial aid package from CCA in the mail today. They offered me a scholarship and a work-study (which I believe is a TAship) but not full-ride. They also gave me student loan info in the same packet.

Hey that's great, sculptor! Did it arrive separately from your acceptance letter? What kind of scholarship did you get?

Hey that's great, sculptor! Did it arrive separately from your acceptance letter? What kind of scholarship did you get?

Thanks mica_c! Yes, it was a separate package. I just got it today. I actually haven't looked at it myself (my S.O. opened it for me and I haven't been home) so I don't remember the exact numbers. It wasn't a lot, though--I still need a lot of loan $ to go to CCA.

I just logged on to my application and found out that I was rejected from Tyler. I know that it did not say that on Saturday. I applied for sculpture, so it may not mean anything for you. Also, I have not heard a thing from UCLA, and their online decisions thing still says that no decision has been made... Anyone know about UCLA?

All I've heard from Tyler is "Applicant denied." That's cold-blooded Tyler. Ha!

You will receive a letter in the mail in a couple of days. That's the same scenario that happened to me.

just got an email from usc

lol does this mean they are at least interested? -

Greetings from the University of Southern California. We have reviewed your application for admission to graduate study, and are unable to proceed because of important items missing from your application file. These items are listed below:

• academic transcripts, including coursework from the most recent semester as indicated below.

Greetings from the University of Southern California. We have reviewed your application for admission to graduate study, and are unable to proceed because of important items missing from your application file. These items are listed below:

• academic transcripts, including coursework from the most recent semester as indicated below.

I got the same email! Silly to get this at this point, especially since in my case transcript they are missing doesnt exist. Do they need these things to reject us?

I got the same email! Silly to get this at this point, especially since in my case transcript they are missing doesnt exist. Do they need these things to reject us?

seriously just do it... I won't take it in a bad way... I will just forever think your program is not trendy enough for me lol

They must be at least considering though many applicants...

I got that email as well but they already sent me a rejection letter, which angers me alot since I probably was rejected because of that notice right there. Not saying I was a shoo in otherwise but to pay that much money and not even be considered and not receive notice about missing items in time....it's just unprofessional. Theyve seemed to have already picked their 8 and it doesnt seem (At this point) that they are going to wait on missing items

Edited by brown06

I got that email as well but they already sent me a rejection letter, which angers me alot since I probably was rejected because of that notice right there. Not saying I was a shoo in otherwise but to pay that much money and not even be considered and not receive notice about missing items in time....it's just unprofessional. Theyve seemed to have already picked their 8 and it doesnt seem (At this point) that they are going to wait on missing items

ok well in that case I will call them and ask. I'm not sending no transcripts (again) if I'm not under consideration for admission.

Is it weird that my SO hasn't heard anything from Columbia New Genres yet? We're assuming no interview = rejection, but since other people have received responses (good and bad) we're anxious...

I just shoot them an email... I heard that New Genres is the last program you will hear about.

Just got an email from USC saying that there were outstanding items in my application (all my college transcripts basically, which I paid for and I'm absolutely sure I requested a set for USC)... Oh, this is a week after I got a rejection letter in the mail.

I finally got the rest of my placements. UCLA rejection this morning and I emailed UNC Chapel Hill yesterday and found out I was on the wait list. I will be accepting UW Madison today. Good luck to everyone. If their are fellow UW Madison attendees out there - message me!

If you were accepted into Hoffberger and Indiana University for painting, where would you choose??? Does anyone know why IU has fallen in the ranks? Having a hard time making a decision. Hoffberger is expensive but has a strong reputation. IU is very affordable but not sure how it holds up to Hoffberger... Any advice?

For most big universities, the art school or art department must accept you, and then the graduate school (overseeing all master's and phd students) must accept you. The art dept. would have let you know if you were one of their top picks and you were missing a transcript. I have a feeling this is just the graduate school (who often isn't coordinating with the specific depts. very well) sending out emails. Hence why many have already gotten rejection letters before this email.

Arghh I wish I would hear something from VCU (preferably not a rejection!). When I called them, they said their decisions were not done. My application still says "complete ready for review."

P.S. Congrats to all of the acceptances! My boyfriend got accepted to Cranbrook (painting) and is definitely going. I know he met perhaps a couple of you at Cranbrook.

USC thing: don't you guys think maybe it was a mistake? It seems like everyone got the email, and it's unlikely that everyone's transcripts got lost. If I were in your situation, I would definitely call or email to clarify (unless you've already been rejected :S)