MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

Emailed SVA to find out when we should expect to hear about funding - and they told me the 1st/2nd week of April, which is right before the enrollment fee is due. Eek!

Pretty sure that CCA is where I'll be going, which I'm very excited about.

Are you going to the open house this weekend? I'm driving up from SD myself to check it out...

Your work is pretty amazing. I was at CGU (Claremont) open house yesterday and met a graduate of the same school you did your BFA...

Emailed SVA to find out when we should expect to hear about funding - and they told me the 1st/2nd week of April, which is right before the enrollment fee is due. Eek!

Pretty sure that CCA is where I'll be going, which I'm very excited about.

How much is an enrollment fee typically for these schools? On average, I mean.

SVA is $1000 for graduates which is higher than the average which seems to be around $500. anyone know why that is? I doubt I will be paying anything until I hear if I have a place or not.. Arrgh.

SVA is $1000 for graduates which is higher than the average which seems to be around $500. anyone know why that is? I doubt I will be paying anything until I hear if I have a place or not.. Arrgh.

Good lord, that's highway robbery!

To be totally honest though, I've heard that about SVA . . . that they tend to nickel and dime their students. Not trying to dissuade, just sharing info.

There's someone with your user name in the group.

Ha, what a coincidence! Like, the exact same name?! Weird. I have used this handle for years whenever I want to retain some kind of anonymity . . . it's from this fantastically awful B-grade Japanese action movie combined with my year of birth. Very high level security, I know. :)

How much is the enrollment fee for RISD?

Good lord, that's highway robbery!

To be totally honest though, I've heard that about SVA . . . that they tend to nickel and dime their students. Not trying to dissuade, just sharing info.

got rejected by SAIC Sculpture today by snail mail after being interviewed 3/3.

I will be aiming for SAIC Art & Technology (my absolute favorite choice, but hardest to fund). if I can manage to get lots of private funding (I'm international), I hope to see some of you in chicago! good luck with everything! and thanks to the forum..was good to feel I'm not the only one freaking out..

(oh yeah, I gave up waiting for columbia (new grenres) a while ago, but have not yet heard from them).

Haha def not a painter - new genres, video, performance - all of which I know UCSD has an amazing record with, but I love the heavy critical aspect of the program at UCI (not that that's not at UCSD), amongst other things, & it's closer to LA, where I currently reside. My partner and cats would stay here so while we've discussed how it's going to work if I go to UCSD, UCI is still a program I'm super interested in.

Hey womp_womp, looks like I'm your homonym divide by two lol. Coincidentally I am also thinking about UCI. I'm going to visit next week to meet with the department, but from that I can tell they are really investing a lot into their arts programs. Looks to me like a real up and coming program. Have you visited?

Hey everyone, haven't been on the forum as much lately but I'm back!

I am trying to decide between schools and I was wondering if anyone knows about the estimated total tuition costs at NYU. Also, anyone else on the forum accepted there?

Are you going to the open house this weekend? I'm driving up from SD myself to check it out...

Your work is pretty amazing. I was at CGU (Claremont) open house yesterday and met a graduate of the same school you did your BFA...

I'm definitely going! My fiance was admitted to the MArch program and a very good friend of mine also got admitted for Fine Arts, so we'll all be up there. (Flying, unfortunately, due to work.)

Thanks for the compliment on the work - made my day, especially amidst the stress of this process.

I am trying to decide between schools and I was wondering if anyone knows about the estimated total tuition costs at NYU. Also, anyone else on the forum accepted there?

I wasn't accepted at NYU (fuckers!), but congratulations to you! ;)

NYU is notorious for being insanely expensive, unless they offer their MFAs some kind of funding that I don't know about. Plus, there is the cost of living in New York. Here's a link to Steinhardt's tuition page: http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/graduate_admissions/tuition

Even if I had gotten in, I'm not sure I would have been able to afford to attend (much the conundrum I am having with Cal Arts). Though it's a prestigious program, I think they only take 10 students a year? So regardless of what you decide, you should feel good that you got in!

You were notified you were accepted already? MaryAnn told me they wouldn't have decisions until the end of the week. Yikes! Now I am nervous.

I wasn't accepted at NYU (fuckers!), but congratulations to you! ;)

NYU is notorious for being insanely expensive, unless they offer their MFAs some kind of funding that I don't know about. Plus, there is the cost of living in New York. Here's a link to Steinhardt's tuition page: http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/graduate_admissions/tuition

Even if I had gotten in, I'm not sure I would have been able to afford to attend (much the conundrum I am having with Cal Arts). Though it's a prestigious program, I think they only take 10 students a year? So regardless of what you decide, you should feel good that you got in!

NYU doesn't have the best of financial aid, that is for sure. I asked about the details of the financial aid at my interview and they said it is changing this year, and basically they offer all 10 people accepted a tuition waiver plus a TA position and it comes out to half off the tuition. Still very expensive.