MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

Accepted to Manitoba, rejected by mail today by York and OCAD. Now I'm trying to decide if I really want to go this year.

"Although I am sure that this decision will come as a disappointment to you, let me assure you that your application received careful attention and review." That could make it even worse...

Edited by forestine

does this mean you'll be going to Rutgers? I think I'm going to Wisc...

I am still deliberating . . . At this point it's a 3way tie between RU, Iowa and Buffalo. I really don't think I will make a final decision until the very last second when I've had as much possible time to gather info, advice and think really long and hard about it.

Congratulations on Wisconsin though, that's exciting! Plus really great funding! Awesome!

I am still deliberating . . . At this point it's a 3way tie between RU, Iowa and Buffalo. I really don't think I will make a final decision until the very last second when I've had as much possible time to gather info, advice and think really long and hard about it.

Congratulations on Wisconsin though, that's exciting! Plus really great funding! Awesome!

Thanks. Lol. I hope it works out for you. Stressful stuff. Are you a part of Conartist by chance?

Still no word from SAIC. Anyone have guesses?

I asked them and they're sending out decsions by mail this week and won't give official decisions by email. they're really taking their time!!

Thanks. Lol. I hope it works out for you. Stressful stuff. Are you a part of Conartist by chance?

Lol, at first I was like, "hmmm, I wish I was a con-artist, this MFA decision would be a whole lot easier!" Alas, I'm assuming you mean the gallery in NYC? I am not . . . though they look like they have interesting projects. Why do you ask?

Pretty sure I'm going to MICA for sculpture. Anyone else to MICA? It seems like they want me there, and I really am not willing to wait another year. Maren Hassinger is incredible!

Still no word from SAIC. Anyone have guesses?

I am pretty sure the graduate director has called all the accepted sculpture applicants.

Anyone know when Yale sends out their notices now that interviews are over? I'm dyin' here!

I don't know where I got this but I have written down that Yale doesn't respond until April 16. Good luck

I don't know where I got this but I have written down that Yale doesn't respond until April 16. Good luck

The admissions office said they send out all replies on or before April 2.

Lol, at first I was like, "hmmm, I wish I was a con-artist, this MFA decision would be a whole lot easier!" Alas, I'm assuming you mean the gallery in NYC? I am not . . . though they look like they have interesting projects. Why do you ask?

There's someone with your user name in the group.

Emailed SVA to find out when we should expect to hear about funding - and they told me the 1st/2nd week of April, which is right before the enrollment fee is due. Eek!

Pretty sure that CCA is where I'll be going, which I'm very excited about.

Still waiting on my waitlist status at my top choice. I spoke with someone last week who said that they are still waiting on accepted students' responses. With one acceptance in hand myself I can understand that but April 15 is approaching. Good luck to everyone else.