MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

Didn't you get an awesome financial package from Rutgers though??

Yeah i did. But if i can get off from RISD's waiting list, I will go to RISD and my awesome financial package from Rutgers can be offered to somebody else.....

I just received a letter from RISD saying im waitlisted....I called them to ask about my place in the waiting list but they wouldnt tell me. I have to wait till april 15th when all the admitted students make their decisions...I'm applying for painting.

That's crazy... I'm going to have to say good bye to the possible "miracle" (at this point, since I havent' heard A THING) from both RISD an VCU... I can't afford to wait until April 15th.. Oh well

got waitlisted by RISD.....i dunno how big of a chance i have ..... :(

Hey, I don't know what dept. you applied to, but I applied to sculpture and they told be that they pick from their weight list based on who best matches the person who turns down their acceptance. So, their numbering on the weight list doesn't really matter. If a person whose work is based on i.e.- the environment turns them down they will try to pick a person whose work is similar. They aim for a well rounded group of students. You probably have a good chance.

Now it is really getting to be decision time. Grateful to have a decision to make though, even if I am not having an easy time of it.

Good luck guys! Wait list is tough. And never heard a peep from Tyler.

Got accepted into Cranbrook last week for Printmedia, anybody else I may see in the fall around here??

Congratulations! You may see me, I'm trying to decide between School of Visual Arts (fine art) and Cranbrook (painting). Two very different programs.....I'm visiting SVA tomorrow so that may help me come to a decision.

If anyone has any thoughts on those two schools by all means I'd love to hear them.

Got the offical Rejctions from Berkeley and Mills, finally...struck OUT with all the Bay Area schools I applied to.

Good to hear peeps are getting more acceptances lately! Best of luck this week y'all.

SAIC Sculpture just replied to my email regarding decisions: they said my decision letter has been sent March 21st (I'm living abroad, so it probably should be here any day now).

----------------

SAIC Art & Technology - accepted

SAIC Sculpture - waiting (doesn't feel too good)

Columbia New Genres - waiting (no hopes)

Hi,

I got accepted to Parsons and Montclair University (MFA Fine Arts programs)

which one is better? Which one would you choose?

I'd like to know your opinions...

Thanks in advance!

congrats! can i ask if u received any $ from them

YESSSS got my RISD rejection (US mail) today!...

Now at least I know it's between the three schools that have accepted me so far. And it will be a slugfest between the three, since I'm really not swaying in any one direction at this point.

Good luck guys! Wait list is tough. And never heard a peep from Tyler.

I just logged on to my application and found out that I was rejected from Tyler. I know that it did not say that on Saturday. I applied for sculpture, so it may not mean anything for you. Also, I have not heard a thing from UCLA, and their online decisions thing still says that no decision has been made... Anyone know about UCLA?

All I've heard from Tyler is "Applicant denied." That's cold-blooded Tyler. Ha!

Really could use some thoughts/advice on which program to attend cafe friends. SVA (Fine Art) or Cranbrook (Painting).

I know I'll have more studio time at Cranbrook, and probably work closer with the artist in residence and classmates there than any of the big wig profs at SVA, but SVA is in New York, and therefore any connections I did make would ultimately be city connections... Eventually I would like to be in New York (as would most of us I assume) however, I'm not sure that that should influence my choice as I'm going to one or the other for the 2yr program and New York isn't going anywhere.

I still haven't heard back from VCU or Tyler (finalist) but I have to let Cranbrook know by april 2nd..... aghh

What should I do...!?

p.s. Ultimately I feel fortunate to be faced with this dilemma, but having a really difficult time coming up with a firm decision, apologies if this comes off as conceited...

Edited by RaphaelF_S

Really could use some thoughts/advice on which program to attend cafe friends. SVA (Fine Art) or Cranbrook (Painting).

I know I'll have more studio time at Cranbrook, and probably work closer with the artist in residence and classmates there than any of the big wig profs at SVA, but SVA is in New York, and therefore any connections I did make would ultimately be city connections... Eventually I would like to be in New York (as would most of us I assume) however, I'm not sure that that should influence my choice as I'm going to one or the other for the 2yr program and New York isn't going anywhere.

I still haven't heard back from VCU or Tyler (finalist) but I have to let Cranbrook know by april 2nd..... aghh

What should I do...!?

p.s. Ultimately I feel fortunate to be faced with this dilemma, but having a really difficult time coming up with a firm decision, apologies if this comes off as conceited...

For what it's worth, I've been living in New York City for the past 4 years. It's incredibly difficult and expensive, but living here has enormous benefits. It is probably the best art education I've gained in my career.

I don't know enough about the schools to offer direct advice. It just depends what environment you would like to be in.

I am going to accept Madison - anyone else out there? Let's get to know eachother

flying out in the wee morning hours tomorrow! TA interview. Im so excited to check the city/studio out. try to plan my life for the next three years!!!

I just logged on to my application and found out that I was rejected from Tyler. I know that it did not say that on Saturday. I applied for sculpture, so it may not mean anything for you. Also, I have not heard a thing from UCLA, and their online decisions thing still says that no decision has been made... Anyone know about UCLA?

All I've heard from Tyler is "Applicant denied." That's cold-blooded Tyler. Ha!

Ah. Just checked, Tyler still says 'ready for review.' (Very ready by now.)

Strange, rejected from every school, but accepted to RISD!

hey kylebta! congratulations! I see that you're painting as well, so I guess we'll be getting to know each other over the next two years. look forward to meeting you!